Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: and with the 2014 #1 overall draft selection, the LA Lakers select...  (Read 25785 times)
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 09:24:39 pm »

Right, they can also go after Monroe in free agency (barring a trade), if they really like a wing. I guess technically they can go after Monroe and Stephenson, but that would most likely eat up the majority of their salary....

except Monroe is a restricted FA and Stephenson is unrestricted.  it won't be easy to sign Monroe.  at the very least Detroit will match and look to trade him down the line.  the next vet big the Lakers have their eyes on is Kevin Love...mutual interest between the two reported about 1,000 times thus far.  they don't have a ton of cap space to waste...room enough for 1 max deal and maybe 1 up and coming 10M a year guy like Stephenson.  still have to pay Jordan Hill as well.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 10:31:24 pm »

except Monroe is a restricted FA and Stephenson is unrestricted.  it won't be easy to sign Monroe.  at the very least Detroit will match and look to trade him down the line.  the next vet big the Lakers have their eyes on is Kevin Love...mutual interest between the two reported about 1,000 times thus far.  they don't have a ton of cap space to waste...room enough for 1 max deal and maybe 1 up and coming 10M a year guy like Stephenson.  still have to pay Jordan Hill as well.

Draft Wiggins. Sign Stephenson. Sign Monroe in a S+T for Gasol (six man to help Drummond develop) and a future first? Wait til Kobe expires and give K-Love a max and boast a lineup of ??-Stephenson-Wiggins-Love-Monroe. Profit?

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 11:43:25 pm »

Draft Wiggins. Sign Stephenson. Sign Monroe in a S+T for Gasol (six man to help Drummond develop) and a future first? Wait til Kobe expires and give K-Love a max and boast a lineup of ??-Stephenson-Wiggins-Love-Monroe. Profit?

Lakers are not getting Greg Monroe at all, let alone for Pau Gasol.

Kobe's contract expires the year after Love hits the FA market.

good grief.

Fair enough.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 01:34:06 am »

Embiid has pretty good potential offensively too tho.  very good footwork and a true 7 feet.  athletic build and 7'5'' wingspan...soccer background ala Hakeem, so his feet are good.  good left hand.

lol  i think Parker will be a good pro, but he needs to transform his body.  that's not easy.  where he is right now, he's probably best as a undersized 4 in the NBA...he's gonna struggle to keep up with wings.

yeh, that 10th pick kept giving me the same 2 guys.  i'd love to get LaVine 10th.  a lot of mock drafts have him going 6th or 7th.

If he transforms his body he will be like Melo but with defense.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 10:06:24 am »

If he transforms his body he will be like Melo but with defense.

transforming the body is way tougher than just going out and workin on your jumper and skills ( what Wiggins needs).  it's the same things that LeBron and Melo had to work out when they came in.  LeBron having the body and needing work on his jumper and skills and Melo moreso needing to work on his physique.  that's why Wiggins' ceiling is higher.

Fair enough.
trevm37
Benchwarmer

Respect: +61

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 01:42:36 pm »
+1

Lakers are not getting Greg Monroe at all, let alone for Pau Gasol.

Kobe's contract expires the year after Love hits the FA market.

good grief.

If the Lakers really wanted Monroe, and the Pistons don't trade him, they can easily outbid the Pistons. With Smith and Jennings contracts + Drummond coming up, they might not risk going over cap.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 02:34:55 pm »

If the Lakers really wanted Monroe, and the Pistons don't trade him, they can easily outbid the Pistons. With Smith and Jennings contracts + Drummond coming up, they might not risk going over cap.

i'd have to think they'd look to deal Josh Smith first if they didn't wanna go over the cap.  the Josh Smith signing didn't make sense to a lot of people, but the fact is that he's an asset...particularly because he's under contract now and not a threat to walk.  he's a lot like JR Smith in that he rides the wave, negative or positive.  put in a positive situation, Smith could be a difference maker with his defense...Spurs had real interest in him.

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 02:53:33 pm »

i'd be just as happy if we took Julius Randle #1...thought i'd make that known.  Randle is a man...ready right now both physically and skill-wise.  even more ready than Parker, imo, because he fits into a position offensively and defensively.  terrific touch around the rim. 

they could use the max on Love ( like they plan to) and play Love at center in D'antoni's system...that'd allow Randle to have some space.  they'd be nice together.

'15-'16
Love/Jordan Hill
Randle
Kobe
Stephenson
PG???...maybe a pass 1st guy like Marshall, the way he's been looking. 

a lot of versatility in that lineup

Fair enough.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 11:48:59 pm »

I don't even think the Pistons will bother offering in my opinion.
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 12:30:42 pm »

I just played the ESPN lottery again and Denver won the first pick. Denver. With 0.7% chance to win.
LA still in 6th with Dante Exum. Played again and fifth pick with Exum again (Boston at one picking Embiid, god no). Third time it's fifth again with Randle. It won't go over fifth.

Winning it would be great, but I really want to get in that top five.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 12:33:15 pm »

Does anyone else not want the Lakers to draft Randle?

Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 12:36:27 pm »

Does anyone else not want the Lakers to draft Randle?

I'd prefer a few guys over him, but I wouldn't be too upset. He's perhaps the most NBA ready guy in the draft and built like a tank, can run the floor and bang from the little I've seen, so he fills a need there, I guess (although everyone fills a need for the Lakers right now).

Still, I'd prefer Embiid, Wiggins, Parker and Smart over him, maybe even Exum. This Vonleh guy intrigues me too, I need to see more of him.

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 09:45:09 pm »

Who do you guys think we should take with our second?

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 09:49:41 pm »

I got Parker with the 4th pick, Randle with the 6th (Sac got the 3rd pick and took Exum.) Jabari with the 3rd pick, and Smart with the 6th pick again. Cheesy I wouldn't mind either of Smart or Exum...I'd much rather have Wiggins over Jabari and Randle though if he can slip down to us.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 02:17:15 am »

Who do you guys think we should take with our second?

Maybe Hairston will fall to round 2.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

Jump to: