Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumours Ujiri might keep Lowry for the Season  (Read 2237 times)
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« on: January 11, 2014, 03:25:05 pm »

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/1146/last-trade-dispatch-from-d-league-showcase

Ujiri has been pretty much perfect to far.

Given injuries, I don't see how any trade could improve the team right now. And sitting at 17-17 they can forget about the chase for Wiggins.

If the Raptors are sitting at 25 wins at the end of the month, I would be thinking offer Lowry $9 million for two years.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:33:34 pm »

Of course Toronto should keep Lowry.  They have a great shot at the 3rd seed and Lowry just stepped into the MVP race.

I would be thinking offer Lowry $9 million for two years.

I hope you mean $9 million a season.

thetreesarenice
Starter

Respect: +48

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »

Point Guard market is pretty weak this summer. Lowry is at the top of the list. Toronto most likely will offer him a contract. After all they need a PG. Vasquez isn't the guy.
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 11:23:24 pm »

May as well keep Lowry, if you have a chance to make the playoffs as the 3rd seed.
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 08:13:36 pm »

Point Guard market is pretty weak this summer. Lowry is at the top of the list. Toronto most likely will offer him a contract. After all they need a PG. Vasquez isn't the guy.

This ranking has Bledsoe higher.

With team playing so well as team, first choice should be signing Lowry. As I have written, if they have 25 wins at the end of the month I would be offering a 2 year deal at $9 million each year, I hope Ujiri refuses to go higher than that for any player until the Raptors are contenders to win it all.

If Lowry won't sign, I would be pretty happy to go for Stuckey with the same offer.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 09:47:08 pm »
+2

With team playing so well as team, first choice should be signing Lowry. As I have written, if they have 25 wins at the end of the month I would be offering a 2 year deal at $9 million each year, I hope Ujiri refuses to go higher than that for any player until the Raptors are contenders to win it all.

If Lowry won't sign, I would be pretty happy to go for Stuckey with the same offer.

That last line, dafuq?

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 12:49:51 pm »
+2

lol you're banned
Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 01:01:48 pm »

May be forgetting someone, but isn't he easily the best FA PG that will be available?  Try To Retain the guy toronto, I say.

Give him that Tyreke/George Hill type money, can't see him getting too much more.  Just be able to extend Jonas when the time come. 
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 02:20:07 pm »
+3

The one area where I don't have a lot of trust in Ujiri is re-signing his own players, though.  I feel like he gave McGee way too much money, Andre Miller too long a deal, probably overpaid Gallo and Lawson a bit as well.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 03:16:24 pm »
+2

I would be pretty happy to go for Stuckey with the same offer.

Soon....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: