Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What does Masai do from here?  (Read 4485 times)
Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

I troll so hard that *** cray

Respect: +917

« on: January 14, 2014, 03:18:06 am »

At this rate, and with Masai at the helm, it seems like the Raptors lottery days might be over. I'm curious as to what your GM is looking to do from here? Do you think you can trade for a superstar?

I assume y'all are keeping Amir and Jonas together, so at which position are you looking to improve, and how? i.e. are you keeping Lowry, DeRozan or Ross long-term and how good do you think either of the wing players will get?
Lithuania_HD
Starter

Respect: +161

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 06:04:33 am »

I think DeRozan would be 1st to go, might include Ross and whoever else needed for a real star, lets say Raps extend Amir this summer and trade him and DeRozan for Love and a scrub, just a thought.

rapsfan15
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 10:07:09 am »

I don't understand why people always want to trade DeRozan.
He's gotten better every hear he's been in the league.
He'll probably be an allstar this year.
What more do people want?
He has a good contract for a teams top scorer.

I think if he's moved the raptors are simply crazy.

The raptors need to build a franchise not just find a superstar.
How do you do that?
Keep players long term not just 3 or 4 years

As long as there's not a big drop off in his game i want to see him retire as a raptor.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 10:19:08 am »

Well the problem is that you think he's an all-star when he's not(or shouldn't be) and that he has a good contract.  He has more in common with Rudy Gay than people want to admit and the Raptors would be better off with someone who knows his limitations better than DeRozan does.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Lithuania_HD
Starter

Respect: +161

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:29:55 am »

The main thing that annoys me so much about DeMar is that he can't make a *** 3, the team moving ball so well, and he often is wide open, and he misses all those gimmies. 

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:35:52 am »

And because of that he take way too many long two's, which are the worst shots to take.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 11:36:09 am »

That arbitrary 20 ppg mark will only entice him to keep it up, lukewarm on demar because raps are winning games. And Jonas hasnt really blossomed yet, which I suspect he will.

Ideally demar needs to make 3s and be the 3rd option.  I think gms scouts are becoming hip to guys like derozan and will stop paying that big money. 20 ppg all by itself is worth 7 mil and nothing to scream about
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1029

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 12:19:17 pm »

That arbitrary 20 ppg mark will only entice him to keep it up, lukewarm on demar because raps are winning games. And Jonas hasnt really blossomed yet, which I suspect he will.

Ideally demar needs to make 3s and be the 3rd option.  I think gms scouts are becoming hip to guys like derozan and will stop paying that big money. 20 ppg all by itself is worth 7 mil and nothing to scream about

DeMar sucks at being second fiddle/3rd option, it's what's best for him as he's not good enough to be a first option on a contending team. He's really not an all star talent either. I wouldn't say DeMar is untouchable or anything despite how the team is playing. Also I don't see Amir as a long term option at PF. I'm really only happy with Jonas as our guy, warming to Ross as the starting SG/SF.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 12:43:51 pm »

Derozan is a necessary evil right now because you can't have the ball in Lowry's hands all the time, having someone else generating some offense is necessary.  It's just unfortunate that he doesn't do it as well as he thinks he does.

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 05:03:43 pm »

I would be pretty happy if he landed a spot on the allstar squad in hopes to raise his value a little bit. Perhaps Masai could get into the lottery with Derozan and our pick. I wouldn't hate getting a bit younger if it was for a top talent.

I really like Amir and I would extend him at similar money and if Lowry maintains form I'd be happy with his return as well.
Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

I troll so hard that *** cray

Respect: +917

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 05:22:03 pm »

What do y'all think of Terrence Ross? I loved him coming out of college because he's athletic, can defend, and could knock down the 3ball, but I almost never watch Toronto play.
dcenate05050
Starter

Respect: +152

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 06:05:39 pm »

What do y'all think of Terrence Ross? I loved him coming out of college because he's athletic, can defend, and could knock down the 3ball, but I almost never watch Toronto play.

He's a streaky shooter right now but still young and yes very good defense with his athleticism. I am a big fan of Ross not so much Derozan. 
Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 08:23:40 pm »

I would be pretty happy if he landed a spot on the allstar squad in hopes to raise his value a little bit. Perhaps Masai could get into the lottery with Derozan and our pick.
like how you think, but what lotto team would do this?
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 08:49:26 pm »

Sign Durant in 2016.
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:14 pm »

IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

Sign Lowry for $8 million a year for 2 years. Be prepared to go for 3 years. Maybe $9 million.

Sign Salmons and Patterson for two more years at $7 million. Maybe $8 million.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: