Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raptors On/Off Numbers  (Read 1102 times)
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« on: January 14, 2014, 12:25:54 am »
+2

An update on the on/off ratings for the current rotation:

Kyle Lowry: +6 points per 100 possessions.  Significantly better on offense, slightly better on defense.
DeMar Derozan: -1.1 points per 100 possessions.  Difference is almost entirely on the offensive end.
Terrence Ross: +3 points per 100 possessions.  Difference is almost entirely on the offensive end.
Amir Johnson: +6.9 point per 100 possessions.  Like Lowry, significantly better on offense, slightly better on defense.
Jonas Valanciunas: -7.3 points per 100 possessions.  Difference is almost entirely on the defensive end.  The eye test says he's doing better, the numbers say he's not.
Tyler Hansbrough: -0.1 points per 100 possessions.  Significantly better on defense, significantly worse on offense.
Patrick Patterson: +9.1 points per 100 possessions.  Significantly better on defense, slightly better on offense.
Grievis Vasquez: -3.2 points per 100 possessions.  Significantly better on defense but the offense crashes hard whenever he's in the game.
John Salmons: +14.8 points per 100 possessions.  Huge positive impact on defense, smaller but still significant positive impact on offense.
Chuck Hayes: +24.9 points per 100 possessions.  He's only played 71 minutes but the Raptors defense has been amazing during that time.  This will drop as the sample size gets bigger but it does show that he's been good at what he does so far.

Other noteworthy items:

- when Salmons replaces Ross with the starters(or when Patterson and Salmons replace Amir and Ross) the Raptors destroy the competition, they're the best lineups that have played more than 50 minutes for the Raptors this season
- they're solid with Jonas on the floor with Patterson or Amir, but when they have Patterson AND Amir and no Jonas they're amazing. 
- Vasquez' performance is much better with Salmons and Patterson than it is with OG Raptors, suggesting that his overall performance may improve as his timing with his new teammates improves

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 01:30:32 am »

As far as the frontcourt kind of coincides with what you can visually see out there.

When Patteron and Amir are out there together they are just *** climbing up for boards and the defense looks boarding elite. That big man rotation is pretty damn scary.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:21:51 pm »

I freaking love Patterson, I praised him when the trade happened and I'll praise him again.

Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 08:30:05 pm »

Far from a raps fan, but I really like this squad man.  I love when young talent meshes and the prospect of a team growing together. 

Better Retain Lowry though
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 08:34:12 pm »
+1

Far from a raps fan, but I really like this squad man.  I love when young talent meshes and the prospect of a team growing together. 

Better Retain Lowry though

The Market for him shouldn't be big, most teams in the NBA have already spent millions on their PG's. There are only 5 places I can think of that need a PG and none is more appealing than Toronto. I think the Magic could make a play for him in the offseason though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: