Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warriors and the Free Agent Market  (Read 1306 times)
tong
MVP

Respect: 0

« on: June 29, 2007, 04:56:02 pm »

Currently, after the warriors sign Brandan Wright, they will have (by my approximation) about 8-10 million dollars of cap space. With this money, I think that some worthy free agents will be:

Walter Herrman- Fits perfectly into the warriors system, but i have a feeling he will resign.
Anderson Varejao- High energy rebounder, who can come off the bench and contribute.
Jerry Stackhouse- If the warriors don't resign barnes and pietrus, stack will be a good option. he has good relations with Nellie.
Amir Johnson- Very young and talented player, who will develop nicely next to Brandan Wright and Andris Biedrins.
Chuck Hayes- High energy guy. Not very good offensively, but very energetic and similar to Varejao.
Luke Walton- Very smart, versatile player who understands his role on a team and has a moneyball three pointer.
James Posey- Another option if Pietrus and Barnes don't resign. A very good defender and shooter.
Desmond Mason- See thread.
Devin Brown- Very experienced vet who won a championship with the Spurs, and brings versatility and leadership.
Jannero Pargo- Very underrated floor general who can bring some relief to the Baron. Good passer
Darko Milicic- Talented big who would be a very good player on the warriors with his rim defense and emerging offensive game.
Fabricio Oberto- Smart player who is a very good rebounder, finisher, and passer.
Andray Blatche- Similar to Amir Johnson. See Above.

However, our cap space would also be very useful in trades and sign-and-trades, because then we would have more flexibility (Rashard Lewis, Kevin Garnett anyone?)

Feel free to comment.

Big Aristotle
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 12:19:14 pm »

That 10 million exception is used for existing contracts only not free agency. It also does not free up your cap space but it is money that our team will pay you to land talent.

“Wins overtake highlights. I’m about winning games, not making highlights.” - Lebron James
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: