Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator Discussion On Penalties  (Read 1574 times)
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

« on: January 20, 2014, 01:41:15 am »

I feel like this should be visible to everyone in the league, but not open for discussion. I will leave it locked that way moderators are the only ones who can say anything.

RIP Madawg
Jay
Star

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:12:21 am »

At this point, I think the trades should some of the trades in the last couple of days should stand, and we should continue to move forward with a more watchful eye.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:15:48 am »

At this point, I think the trades should some of the trades in the last couple of days should stand, and we should continue to move forward with a more watchful eye.

I think as long as the players are still completely on both rosters they need to be shifted back/vetoed. There are some.

RIP Madawg
Jay
Star

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:24:14 am »

Yes, but since some trades were allowed already, shouldn't some GMs get that same chance to do trades?
Mainly Detroit and Memphis.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 02:28:38 am »

For sure they should be allowed to edit, but the trades with those teams who are both over the cap like the ones I outlined in the trans thread need to be reversed.

RIP Madawg
Jay
Star

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 02:32:45 am »

I say we let them edit if they want to. Not saying their trades are void, but pending.
If they don't wanna edit it, then no trade.
Future trades will be looked at closely.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 02:33:40 am »

I say we let them edit if they want to. Not saying their trades are void, but pending.
If they don't wanna edit it, then no trade.
Future trades will be looked at closely.

Edit what? Both teams are over the cap, what can they do to edit? I'm all for edits being made to invalid trades to make them work, but two teams over the cap can't do this.

RIP Madawg
Jay
Star

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 02:40:42 am »

Edit what? Both teams are over the cap, what can they do to edit? I'm all for edits being made to invalid trades to make them work, but two teams over the cap can't do this.

Technically, they can send a player to a team with cap space.
As an example, I could take a player that makes about $4.5 million from rye to make that LAL / BKN trade work, since both of the other teams would be sending out more money than they receive.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 02:45:24 am »

Technically, they can send a player to a team with cap space.
As an example, I could take a player that makes about $4.5 million from rye to make that LAL / BKN trade work, since both of the other teams would be sending out more money than they receive.

How many have space tho? I'm willing to bet between 0-2 teams.

RIP Madawg
Jay
Star

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 02:48:27 am »

How many have space tho? I'm willing to bet between 0-2 teams.

My team does, and yeah maybe 1 or 2 others do. But my point was, they can edit their trade with an agreement like that one. If they can't then that trade is invalid.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 02:51:00 am »

My team does, and yeah maybe 1 or 2 others do. But my point was, they can edit their trade with an agreement like that one. If they can't then that trade is invalid.

Fine, put a time limit on it before it gets voided.

RIP Madawg
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 03:47:00 am »

Nets have to drop Martin and Fisher, too.

RIP Madawg
Jay
Star

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 09:20:29 am »

Nets have to drop Martin and Fisher, too.

As much as those signings go against the rules, they were allowed to sign by the player agent. What's done is done. I'm willing to let this one go since undoing this one would do more harm than good.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 01:21:00 pm »

As much as those signings go against the rules, they were allowed to sign by the player agent. What's done is done. I'm willing to let this one go since undoing this one would do more harm than good.

He has 17 players, both players are still on his team. That makes no sense.

RIP Madawg
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 04:25:16 pm »

Jay, you allowing those illegal trades because of dumb reasons is going to make me push for harder penalties against those teams. Like suspensions + minute restrictions. People playing by the rules will be the benefactors when this all is done, period.

RIP Madawg
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: