Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Hard Cap be raised next season? If so, how much?  (Voting closed: January 25, 2014, 10:34:46 am)
No, Hard Cap should stay at $70 million. - 12 (66.7%)
Yes, Hard Cap should increase to $75 million. - 4 (22.2%)
Yes, Hard Cap should increase to $80 million. - 2 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Should the Hard Cap be raised for next season?  (Read 1290 times)
Jay
Star

« on: January 20, 2014, 10:25:19 am »

THIS POLL IS FOR NEXT SEASON.

I don't think it would be fair to increase the Hard Cap midseason, so this poll is for the upcoming offseason.

Should the hard cap increase? If so, how much should it increase to?

Personally, I can see where the issue that $70 mil might be too restrictive and $80 might be too soft.
I think it should be increased to $75 million starting in the offseason. It gives every team a little more breathing room in trading and in free agency, but it shouldn't allow for bloated contracts.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:29:25 pm »

1/3 of the teams are hit with 70. I dont see 80 being soft. We once had it at 100.

I vote 80

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

I troll so hard that *** cray

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:03:47 pm »

Nah, rye's just a little bitch. If you can't handle the Heat, get out of the kitchen.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:08:13 pm »

LET'S GO HEAT.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 08:03:26 pm »

Meh. I vote 70. I wouldn't care if it went up to 75 though. Don't want it going any further up after that.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:15:01 pm »

JD3
a.k.a. joshdetroit3
Star

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 08:16:05 pm »

I agree with 75...!

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 08:41:23 pm »

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 10:18:56 pm »

I changed mine from 75 to 70. IMO, if we change it now, people will complain for a change next year too. Best to let sleeping dogs lie.
Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 10:33:35 pm »

I, for one, have based my roster-building strategy around the 70mil hard cap limit. It is somewhat low compared to past games, but for good reason, and I wish someone had told me in advance that we were open to changing it spontaneously from season to season based on the will of a few GMs.

Seems like an odd coincidence that this has only become an issue after the moderators started cracking down on illegal 'over-the-hard-cap' trades. Because the few rule-breaking GMs can't do so anymore, we suddenly need to change fundamental rules of the game midway through to accomodate them?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:36:24 pm by Nepeta Cataria » Logged
Jay
Star

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 11:38:10 pm »

I, for one, have based my roster-building strategy around the 70mil hard cap limit. It is somewhat low compared to past games, but for good reason, and I wish someone had told me in advance that we were open to changing it spontaneously from season to season based on the will of a few GMs.

Seems like an odd coincidence that this has only become an issue after the moderators started cracking down on illegal 'over-the-hard-cap' trades. Because the few rule-breaking GMs can't do so anymore, we suddenly need to change fundamental rules of the game midway through to accomodate them?

It's not that I wanted to accommodate them, I was just wondering how the community of GMs felt about this issue. Obviously, the ones over the hard cap want it increased, and everyone else thinks it's fine.

My thought that was in free agency, when it comes time to add cap holds, how many people are gonna be okay with the $70 million limit.

Regardless of what happens, I'm fine with it since this is really just an internet game, and quite honestly, I'm tired of both sides of this *** b!tching about this and that. I signed up to be a GM because this is fun to me. I didn't want to be judge, jury, and/or prosecutor.

All of this *** is really pushing me.
Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 12:05:08 am »

Regardless of what happens, I'm fine with it since this is really just an internet game, and quite honestly, I'm tired of both sides of this *** b!tching about this and that. I signed up to be a GM because this is fun to me. I didn't want to be judge, jury, and/or prosecutor.

All of this *** is really pushing me.

Yeah fuck it let's just remove the the hard cap entirely and allow any trade that any two GMs want to make then. Why not? It's just an internet game? There's no need for you to feel "pushed" by "***".
Jamm
a.k.a. KAACHOW & POO_JAMM
Star

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 12:21:36 am »

Meh. I vote 70. I wouldn't care if it went up to 75 though. Don't want it going any further up after that.

this

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 01:47:44 am »

I brought this up and nobody ever gave a fucck. Bitches

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
timmio1990
Star

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 02:28:40 am »

I vote leave it at 70M. Because *** Rye and his crying. Seriously though, I like it at 70M and if it did go up I wouldn't want it above 75.

I guess I am not really concerned by it because I am one of the very few teams under the salary cap for now.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: