Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Just like what the title says
Yes - 1 (25%)
No - 1 (25%)
It depends on some factors - 2 (50%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is 2014 Finally The Pacers' Year to beat Miami and Win it ALL?  (Read 16298 times)
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« on: January 21, 2014, 06:55:09 am »
+1

What do ya think?

If the playoffs started today, I'd pick Indy in 7 IMO. That HCA is gonna be huge in the end.

I honestly think this is finally Indy's year. Though I'm hoping otherwise  Sad

LET'S GO HEAT.
JD3
a.k.a. joshdetroit3
Star

Respect: +89

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 07:41:11 am »
+1

I think this is this year, but i voted for it depends on some factors, but i believe it depends on 1 factor.

The play of George Hill.
If he plays well, they will win.
When Indiana start to lose confidence in him, they let George bring the ball up and try and isolate against LeBron, and thats not how you beat Miami.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:09:48 am »
+1

I think this is this year, but i voted for it depends on some factors, but i believe it depends on 1 factor.

The play of George Hill.
If he plays well, they will win.
When Indiana start to lose confidence in him, they let George bring the ball up and try and isolate against LeBron, and thats not how you beat Miami.

What?  Have you seen Indiana play?

Stephenson is the X factor, not George Hill.

MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 02:26:07 pm »

I wouldn't mind an upgrade at the backup point guard spot...that'd solidify them seeing as how they'd be capable of moving Hill to SG at times whenever they need to. I'd love for them to try to get something like Copeland and Watson for Hinrich or Miller done.

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 02:27:09 pm »

That being said, I think they'll dethrone the Heat and I agree that both of the players are potential x-factors. As is Granger's play.

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
JD3
a.k.a. joshdetroit3
Star

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 08:41:03 pm »

What?  Have you seen Indiana play?

Stephenson is the X factor, not George Hill.
I know Stephenson is the X-Factor, but Stephenson and George have to chase around Wade and LeBron.
Hill has to make the offence as easy as possible for those 2.
And so far this season, he has done okay, but when it comes to the Heat series, I dont know.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 01:36:35 am »

I know Stephenson is the X-Factor, but Stephenson and George have to chase around Wade and LeBron.
Hill has to make the offence as easy as possible for those 2.
And so far this season, he has done okay, but when it comes to the Heat series, I dont know.

First, Stephenson usually guards Wade, not Hill.

Plus, Hill is not the facilitator on the team, George and Stephenson are.  Of those three guys, Hill has the most of his shots assisted on, then George, and then Stephenson a distant third.

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 02:14:49 am »

First, Stephenson usually guards Wade, not Hill.

Plus, Hill is not the facilitator on the team, George and Stephenson are.  Of those three guys, Hill has the most of his shots assisted on, then George, and then Stephenson a distant third.

Lol...He said that Stephenson and Paul George guard Wade and LeBron...

Also, that's what he's trying to get at. Hill could ease their job by helping out on offense.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 04:01:57 am »

I wouldn't mind an upgrade at the backup point guard spot...that'd solidify them seeing as how they'd be capable of moving Hill to SG at times whenever they need to. I'd love for them to try to get something like Copeland and Watson for Hinrich or Miller done.

You vastly underrate Watson.

As for the question as much as it hurts me to admit if the series started tomorrow I could see Indy taking them down in 6 or 7. Huh
JD3
a.k.a. joshdetroit3
Star

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 04:23:10 am »

Also, that's what he's trying to get at. Hill could ease their job by helping out on offense.
Thank you.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 09:28:09 am »

My bad, I was a bit drunk, we had the work party where we went bowling.

That is just not Hill's game, though.  He really is more of a spot-up shooter.  I think the team would be less effective if he tried to be more ball dominant.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 02:29:44 am »

Miami needs another three point shooter to do to them what the Suns did.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 04:25:34 am »
+1

Watching that Kings-Pacers game last night, what worries me as a Heat fan is that PG has THAT swagger. Down 4 and you drain a 4-point play like nothing. This dude's a beast.

LET'S GO HEAT.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 01:55:22 am »

Pacers have given up 109 or more 3 straight games and are really lucky they didn't lose all three, probably just a bump in the road though...
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 08:00:21 am »
+1

I definitely think the Pacers can get by the Heat, but it will be tough to beat OKC.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: