Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Thug Sherman  (Read 11827 times)
BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 12:46:51 pm »

As for the game, it'll be interesting to see how the Seahawks use him in coverage.  Will they stick him on Demaryius Thomas the whole game and if so, is Denver going to run a bunch of crossing patterns packaged screen plays?  As a football game, this is the best Super Bowl I can remember since Pats-Eagles.

The Eagles were wack that year imo. Pats-Panthers, Ravens-49ers, Rams-Titans, Pats-Giants (the 1st one) were about on the same level as this Superb Owl
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:41:39 pm by BRockin25 » Logged

Perd Hapley
Starter

Respect: +951

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 03:22:50 pm »
+1

The Eagles were wack that year imo. Pats-Panthers, Ravens-49ers, Rams-Titans, Pats-Giants (the 1st one) were about on the same level as this Superb Owl
I'm not talking about the game itself but rather the two best teams playing. 
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 06:12:33 pm »

I'm not talking about the game itself but rather the two best teams playing. 

I'm talking about the same thing

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 07:05:33 pm »

I'm talking about the same thing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 07:51:02 pm »

The Eagles were wack that year imo.

in reality tho, easily the best team in the NFC that year...possibly the best QB-RB-WR trio in the league, arguably the best secondary/pass rush combo behind Jim Johnson (RIP).  good on both the offensive and defensive lines. 

u just mad cuz they beat the Ravens and TO did Ray Ray's dance after his TD hahaha

Pats-Panthers

of course you ride with Flacco's uncle, Jake Delhomie. lol  Pats should have made easy work out them.

Ravens-49ers

lucky Ravens back into the playoffs, luckily advance past Denver thanks to Rahim Moore, unluckily reward Flacco with a 120M contract thereafter. HAHAHAHA  the beatdown served up by Denver on 2013 opening day + the 3rd place finish this year in a terrible division just backs up what we already knew...Ravens caught a Super Mario star in the playoffs with a koopa paratrooper headed right for them

Rams-Titans

i'll give you this one.  this was a slugfest featuring the league's best.

Pats-Giants (the 1st one) were about on the same level as this Superb Owl

Giants catch fire down the stretch of the reg-season and go on a run nobody saw coming.  nobody had these guys as a favorites at the start of the season, let alone winning it. 

Dynasty is talking about 2 favorites/1-seeds that everybody expected to be here from the beginning of the season and played like beasts all season.  as far as recent history, only Pats/Eagles and Rams/Titans can compare to what's happening this year.

Fair enough.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 08:13:57 pm »
+1

**8th in the league in ppg
**2nd in the league in defense
**had based elite McNabb and Owens duo
**13-3
**NFC champions
**were wack that year
**seems legit

Soon....
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 08:44:42 pm »

u just mad cuz they beat the Ravens and TO did Ray Ray's dance after his TD hahaha

I'm actually mad that they didn't blow the Ravens out lol. I was in Philly at the time, and I was hearing a lot of Eagles hype about them winning it all. I liked McNabb and was glad they paired him up with TO. But seeing them squeak by Kyle Boller and Chester Taylor at home showed me that they were frauds. Look at the Ravens talent in this box score  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=241031021

TO went in all season but as always in the Andy Reid era they needed a real running back and more than 1 weapon.

BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 08:49:49 pm »

**8th in the league in ppg
**2nd in the league in defense
**had based elite McNabb and Owens duo
**13-3
**NFC champions
**were wack that year
**seems legit

I lived in Philly for years. The Eagles were never that good. The front office screwed McNabb and their defense.

Looking back on that 2004 season though...whew...the NFC was some trash. 2 8-8 teams made the playoffs. The Eagles were definitely the NFC's best team, but they were still wack.

BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 08:52:01 pm »

Dynasty is talking about 2 favorites/1-seeds that everybody expected to be here from the beginning of the season and played like beasts all season. 

I was referring more to the 2nd part than the 1st part. Giants were definitely picked by many going into those 2007 playoffs, especially after the Pats-Giants regular season game. People started respecting the pass rush.

BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 09:05:05 pm »

lucky Ravens back into the playoffs, luckily advance past Denver thanks to Rahim Moore, Ravens caught a Super Mario star in the playoffs with a koopa paratrooper headed right for them

**Another Super Bowl-less year for the preseason-heavily favored Cleveland Ravens**

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy regal heavily favoring the Ravens eh...nice work dummy

Perd Hapley
Starter

Respect: +951

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 09:08:45 pm »

I lived in Philly for years. The Eagles were never that good. The front office screwed McNabb and their defense.

Looking back on that 2004 season though...whew...the NFC was some trash. 2 8-8 teams made the playoffs. The Eagles were definitely the NFC's best team, but they were still wack.

hahaha after your post I looked up the 2004 NFL season and my god the NFC was trash lol.  The Falcons had a negative SRS rating and performed like an 8-8 team yet somehow went 11-5 and made the NFC Title Game.  Interestingly enough, the 2 8-8 wild cards (St. Louis and Minnesota) both won their wild card games.  As for the AFC that year, holy *** it was deep.  A 15-1 Steelers team, a 14-2 Pats team, 2 12-4 teams in Indy and San Diego, plus 2 10-6 wild cards and 3 9-7 teams that missed the postseason and an 8-8 Bengals team that was better than their record indicated.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2004/

I was referring more to the 2nd part than the 1st part. Giants were definitely picked by many going into those 2007 playoffs, especially after the Pats-Giants regular season game. People started respecting the pass rush.

Nah at the time the concept of a Wild Card team winning it was relatively new to everyone even though Pittsburgh had done it 2 years earlier.  Everyone picked the Cowboys or Packers to win the NFC in 2007.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 09:15:16 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy regal heavily favoring the Ravens eh...nice work dummy

what does that have to do with the Ravens backing into the playoffs tho, dummy?  the point here is the Broncos and Seahawks played well all season and are #1 seeds after being heavy favorites to start the season.  

LOL @ that FAIL of a dig up.  U MAD

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 09:19:33 pm »

the Giants crept up that year, got hot at the right time...nobody's creeping up on anybody in this Super Bowl.  again, the circumstances here are the same as Philly/NE and STL/Tennessee.  the rest of those SBs you mentioned do not compare.  you're goin down in flames as usual here

Fair enough.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 10:28:30 pm »

LOL @ that FAIL of a dig up.  U MAD

Not a fail at all. I didn't favor the Ravens to win the title at all in 2012. You did and then didn't when it suited you. So NO U  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 11:05:40 pm »

Nah at the time the concept of a Wild Card team winning it was relatively new to everyone even though Pittsburgh had done it 2 years earlier.  Everyone picked the Cowboys or Packers to win the NFC in 2007.

bong bong

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Jump to: