Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: State of the Raptors Nation 2014-01-24  (Read 3076 times)
Stephen67
Journeyman

Respect: +11

« on: January 24, 2014, 08:47:43 pm »

It has been a shaky stretch.

Can't say that nothing is broke. Certainly not everything is right. After the Gay trade, the team proved that they were better than .500, but they are currently playing as .500.

Val and Amir have been flat for a while.

Lowry and DeRozan have been playing very well. Ross OK. Subs quite good, if not great.

Certainly no demand for immediate action, but clearly improvement is needed. Probably in the off season.

I think that we can get a better coaching staff. We need someone to get out the best in our bigs.

Sign Lowry for three years NOW. Pay up to $9 million a year. He is worth it, and contracts like that will never hurt you.

Lowry will never hurt you playing the point. But I really like him playing the 2. He moves so well without the ball, and I would rather have his great defence on the opponents shooting guard.

This would open up trade possibilities, but can't be in a hurry.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 09:49:58 pm »

I think with the style that Lowry plays, him sustaining a long term injury is slim. Sign him for 9 Million and call it a day. When Fields contract expires it's going to open some nice cap.

Juby
Undrafted

Monkey arms (6'4 wingspan, barely 5'10, yup)

Respect: +4

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 11:16:34 pm »

Derozan went to the line 16 times last night, that's more then him and Gay used to do together on a decent night...  I know he's not popular here but he has exhibited a lot of dominant play this season, maybe not consistent enough but I'm probably towards keeping him now (at the start of the season I wasn't sure).  There are better SG's but not all that many and very few we could actually get (all I can think of is young guys who will have to catch up to him and will hopefully exceed him).

I was disappointed in that stretch were we lost three of four easier games, I was probably expecting to take three of the four.  At least they bounced back and didn't go one a free fall.

Nepeta Cataria counseling me recently:
go to the top of a tall building you know and throw yourself off
Yuri Gagarin
Star

Respect: +169

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 10:11:21 am »

Weird - every player off the bench last night was a gay replacement from Sac.

If a few more 30pt+ games fr DD could somehow translate into a top 5 pick that would be sweet. I always see DD going close to home. LAL, LAC or maybe GS. Teams generally get a little more umph for their buck with a hometown boy.

People of Earth, we have come to blow your mind.
17Medcoy
Journeyman

Respect: +6

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 12:52:18 am »

Dd is injured.  How long who knows but if Ross can step up like he did tonight against the clips, I can see us trading dd for draft picks.  My question now is who gets the leftover minutes?  My best bet is fields off the bench and a trial of salmons in the starting role.  Mayb a little of stone.  Daye and buycks ride the pine.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 11:48:30 am »

I think Vasquez, Novak and Salmons will see a bump in their minutes and everyone riding the bench continues to do so.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 12:35:56 pm »

Dd is injured.  How long who knows but if Ross can step up like he did tonight against the clips, I can see us trading dd for draft picks.  My question now is who gets the leftover minutes?  My best bet is fields off the bench and a trial of salmons in the starting role.  Mayb a little of stone.  Daye and buycks ride the pine.

Fields won't be playing for at least a more few weeks since he had surgery on his wrist.

We saw a lot of the two PG lineup with Ross at 3, so I can see that happening mroe with Vasquez. Salmons hasn't been as bad I expected so I wouldn't mind seeing him get more minutes either.

Depending how long DD is out, Daye/Stone or Novak should get some run at some point...Novak should be the first one off the bench out of the 3.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 05:24:06 pm »

The x-rays on Derozan's ankle came back negative. He won't play tomorrow against Brooklyn but I suspect he'll only miss 2-3 games at most.

Soon....
17Medcoy
Journeyman

Respect: +6

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 06:17:33 pm »

A week out isn't too bad but what bout Patterson.  Anyone hear how long he's gonna b out?
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 09:16:47 pm »

A week out isn't too bad but what bout Patterson.  Anyone hear how long he's gonna b out?

It'll be minimal, typically with a face ask you can come back after one game

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: