Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Caaarmelo Aaaanthony ?
Yes ! - 10 (62.5%)
Hell Nawl ! - 6 (37.5%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you want Melo ?  (Read 16243 times)
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« on: January 25, 2014, 07:46:00 am »

Carmelo Anthony's 62 Point Night! Watch Every Made Field Goal!

Alot of chatter about the Bulls signing Melo in free agency.

Comments ?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:54:19 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 09:11:15 am »

Do I want him in Chicago? sure. Is it realistically possible to sign him without trading Noah, Rose, or Gibson?  No, it's actually not.  Gibson has made every case to stay so far this year. Considering the Bulls would need to find a team willing to absorb Taj's contract or trade a bunch of non guaranteed contracts, a trade is very unlikely. Melo won't take the pay cut needed to sign, not even funny how much money he'd be leaving on the table.

Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 10:20:13 am »

Melo won't take the pay cut needed to sign, not even funny how much money he'd be leaving on the table.

I have never set down and checked, but how far are they away on the money. I figure Melo is 25 to 30 mil per. He would probably do a 3 yrs deal. And Deng was like 14 mil and Boozer is like 16 mil. So how much more space would they need ?

Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

Respect: +2013

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 10:36:02 am »
+2

I figure Melo is 25 to 30 mil per. He would probably do a 3 yrs deal.

SIP madawg
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:43:00 am »

Do I want him in Chicago? sure. Is it realistically possible to sign him without trading Noah, Rose, or Gibson?  No, it's actually not.  Gibson has made every case to stay so far this year. Considering the Bulls would need to find a team willing to absorb Taj's contract or trade a bunch of non guaranteed contracts, a trade is very unlikely. Melo won't take the pay cut needed to sign, not even funny how much money he'd be leaving on the table.
Pretty much this. I'm not dying to have him on the team or anything, but I would absolutely take him.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 03:27:27 pm »

Say what you want... But sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 07:39:11 am »

Carmelo Anthony make it happen!  Smiley

I'd love to see an Anthony - Rose combo

The thing about Carmelo is he needs to be the center of the team, its how he plays best. That was not meant as a knock on Melo but that's how he is used to playing, volumes of shots and catches. When he is "dialed in" it's explosive and even when its not he still can get you 25 a night.
What complicates building around Melo is when you surround him with streaky shooters (NYK) and on a night when his supporting cast struggles to score enough points they can't beat a team without playing a lot of defense. So defensively I don't think the Bulls have to worry, Between the Chicago fans and Coach T in his ear ... he will defend.

I asked about the money situation before and got no response. He made 23 million this season, So what will he demand if he opts out ?  Kobe is getting 30 million this year. If they rid Boozer's salary without taking salary back is that enough cap space, they still will have to sign rookies, free agents and possibly Nikola Mirotic. Any one ever figure out how much space they would need for all that & Melo ?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 07:51:58 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 02:08:28 am »

Hopefully they make it happen!
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 04:57:58 am »

Yah I wish I knew if they needed to remove more then Boozer's contract to sign Melo, Rookies and Mirotic.

dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 12:08:47 pm »

Yah I wish I knew if they needed to remove more then Boozer's contract to sign Melo, Rookies and Mirotic.

I don't know for sure, but I believe they'd have to move more.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 09:38:54 pm »

Its within a few million. I looked around and found an article that said Dunleavy's contract is enough to open up the cap space needed. So the money is close. Carmelo is back loving his Knicks right now, but by summer he will be ready to walk. I go back and forth on this topic, As of today I feel if they can keep Gibson and just amnesty or trade Dunleavy and Boozer, and still have to money to sign draft picks and sign Mirotic I am onboard for Melo. Chicago hates being called the 2nd city. And Melo hates being behind Lebroni the clown. So could work for both sides. And if Mirotic told GarPax to cool there jets cause he isn't ready to come to NBA, then making the move for Melo this summer works.

Rose
Butler/ Snell
MELO /
Taj/ Mirotic
Noah/

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:07:42 pm by Da_Madhouse » Logged
SuperFan
Undrafted

Respect: +2

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 01:36:09 am »

Melo can work here in Chicago.  He loves the ball but creates double teams which will open the game up for Jimmy and Derrick. Noah, Mirotic, Taj, snell,  Im liking Augustine as a backup... Hes earned his spot!
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 03:55:09 am »

He can work but I think it is a long shot, money wise.
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 09:40:10 am »

hahahahahahahaha, nice Beezie, nice.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 07:37:28 pm »
+1

Yah I looked some things up. And Bulls would most likely have to move out a big piece for virtually nothing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: