Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Caaarmelo Aaaanthony ?
Yes ! - 10 (62.5%)
Hell Nawl ! - 6 (37.5%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you want Melo ?  (Read 16242 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 03:44:40 am »

Yah I looked some things up. And Bulls would most likely have to move out a big piece for virtually nothing.

Stranger things have happened they did save a lot of money on Bynum.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 05:41:50 am »

Yah, But I feel the "mediocre Team" comment from JR was a message that he knows this moral victory crap is just that crap. I feel Thibs is just being Thibs. Meaning he doesn't know how to tank games. The team follows their leader mostly, but I also think there is an element of sticking it to the front office for trading Deng. However, the team just finished up the easiest part of their schedule for awhile, and are heading into the most difficult. The first game was San Antonio and they won, So of the next 10 or so games before the deadline, if the team wins more than half those games I see the front office cutting off another limb. Don't think it will be Noah, but definitely a core piece. The front office wants a top 10 pick, and thought shipping Deng would seal the deal on that. So far its been pie in the face.
HorusAdoresUs
Benchwarmer

Respect: +144

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 04:54:46 pm »

The thing that interests me about Melo being a Bull--aside from the obvious (and much needed) offense--is the pressure that will take off of Rose--which hopefully extends his career.  Furthermore, I almost want this to happen soley on the reason that Bulls, aside from lucking into Rose, have had no exciting trades or signings...like ever.
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »
+1

The thing that interests me about Melo being a Bull--aside from the obvious (and much needed) offense--is the pressure that will take off of Rose--which hopefully extends his career.  Furthermore, I almost want this to happen soley on the reason that Bulls, aside from lucking into Rose, have had no exciting trades or signings...like ever.
What, being rumored to trade for Kobe or sign LeBron wasn't good enough for you?! Lol
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 07:39:12 am »

And the front office is running a business. So as businessmen they know their is a chance their star (Rose) may never be the same again. So they need an MVP caliber star to protect their business in the event that is true. Other than Anthony the only other player would be Love, however, Love is not of the caliber of Anthony and Love is a PF. The teams future at PF is set, with Mirotic and Taj Gibson.

The other route would be to draft a star, but the chances of drafting a star like Anthony are slim at best. And draft prospects are unproven, and to get high enough in the draft they would have to tank or trade core pieces like Rose or Noah to select that high. The Anthony route would cost them cap space of Deng, which they all ready planned to lose, Boozer which they know is over paid and maybe one of their wings. Which between Snell and Butler its too early to tell. So look for them to move Dunleavy's contract out. Since Snell and Butler can hold down the shooting guard spot.

As far as Anthony he does take alot of shots, but is their any current Bull you would rather see shooting the ball than Carmelo ? He is still under contract so this is all speculation, however, the front office feels their chances of landing him are better if they show their team is right there, and just one player (Anthony) away from winning a title.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:45:45 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Dwagner30
Star

Respect: +252

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 05:38:11 pm »

Mrotic and Gibson are not even half of what Love is.

Love would be the best thing for the Bulls.  Rose, Love, and Noah is a ferocious trio, and would be in position to take the East for years to come.

Melo has proven that when the tough gets going, Melo starts sucking.  Why would you want him?
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 09:21:47 pm »

Mrotic and Gibson are not even half of what Love is.

Love would be the best thing for the Bulls.  Rose, Love, and Noah is a ferocious trio, and would be in position to take the East for years to come.

Melo has proven that when the tough gets going, Melo starts sucking.  Why would you want him?

I agree with your thinking. After they weight all the variables I see the Bulls not making many more moves, and keeping enough space available come 2015 when Love opts out. However, if they could snag Melo this summer, they would acquire a star talent before the truth of Derrick Rose's career is shown the the world. Because if he is washed up, then Love or nobody is going to want to team up wit him.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 09:26:26 pm »

IF Love opts out, which wouldn't surprise me, I still see him going home to LA rather than here. I don't see him as a realistic option unless we trade for him/he demands a trade to the Bulls, which I don't see happening.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 05:19:52 am »
+1

I never really believed the Bulls were interested in Carmelo Anthony until recent. However, If they really want to flip there roster than Anthony could be the right guy. If he resigns with the Bulls they Win and if he doesn't they successfully move out alot of unwanted salary including Boozer for virtually an expiring contract. Plus, an upgrade at back-up PG in Felton and at SG in Shumpert (who is from Chicago). Something to keep in mind, and a story that has gained steam and worth keeping an eye on.

http://hoops-nation.com/nba-rumors-bulls-talking-carmelo-anthony-trade-knicks/

Quote from article: "According to sources inside the Chicago Bulls organization, the team has been in discussions with the New York Knicks over the last couple of weeks regarding a trade for Carmelo Anthony. The two sides have been rumored to have interest, but according to this report the talks have already been going on for the past couple of weeks. It will be very interesting to see if the Bulls are able to work out a trade with the Knicks before the trade deadline passes."

Also, at the Nets game Craig Seger reported on TNT about Boozer:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-bulls-might-not-amnesty-boozer/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-pm-bulls-might-not-amnesty-boozer&utm_reader=feedly

"He told me tonight that he has been assured that he will not be traded by next week’s deadline, nor will the team buy out the final of his contract this summer unless they can land a superstar which is too good to pass up."

Rumored Trade : http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pdyupvf[/color]

All I will say is this, of his generation their will be one player most linked to Lebron , and that player is Carmelo Anthony. They were both entered the league as young pillars to its future. And have been compared ever since. I mean that has to eat at a guy after awhile, and to a competitive person it has to be inspiring fuel to achieve big goals. Melo has always known he isn't the athlete Lebron is, but is this comparison about athleticism or successful careers? Melo can still be the best, but to do so he needs a new team that is on that level all ready. And in the end the player with the most titles will be viewed as the best. Look at the Manning brothers, Peyton is the proto-type QB but Eli has won more super bowls. In the end that total will decide bragging rights. Same for Lebron vs. Melo.

Carmelo Anthony Mix- It's My Time [HD]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:29:38 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 02:52:39 am »

I guess the Bulls will just stand pat through the trade deadline.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 06:09:50 am »

I'm waiting until the bell rings, but I can still see a move. Not saying there will be one, but a lot of reasons there could be.
1) If that luxury tax from player incentives story is true, I could see them moving like Hinrich or Dunleavy to save their-selves from the tax.
2) I do believe they have offend a package to the Knicks for Melo, but the Knicks haven't bitten. So that can change in a heartbeat. Plus, the way they told Boozer..."Other than a superstar" he is save from trade is suspect.

They could just finish the season with what they got, wait ...no..they cant..because they need 13 players which they have 12... SO I could see a move to add players also. Until the trade deadline bell rings I will wait for judgement.  Teams lower their prices this close to the Bell, and Melo is walking this summer so we will see if the Knicks make a move.

So I'll make one last crazy trade to spice this forum up:

Bulls Get:
Carmelo Anthony
Tim Hardaway jr.
Kenyon Martin

Knicks Get:
Jimmy Butler
Emeka Okafor
Channing Frye
1st Round Selection via Bulls from Kings
1st Round Selection via Suns from Washington
2016 1st from Bulls

Suns Get:
Carlos Boozer
Mike Dunleavy
Eric Murphy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:39:08 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 01:04:04 pm »
+1

You'd have to switch Hardaway with Shump for the Knicks to even think about it. And the Suns are giving up way too much for what they are getting...
goat82
Starter

Respect: +78

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 03:28:02 pm »
+1

We can use his all star 3 pointsmanship

"For every Michael Jordan , there's an Earl Manigault. We all can't make it. Somebody has to fall. I was the one."
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 02:38:57 am »

I am ready for the first trade to go down, this is going to be a long two days.
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 02:40:05 am »
+1

It has been very quiet, it wouldn't surprise me if the deadline passed without any big deals going down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: