Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Caaarmelo Aaaanthony ?
Yes ! - 10 (62.5%)
Hell Nawl ! - 6 (37.5%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you want Melo ?  (Read 16245 times)
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 02:49:40 am »

It has been very quiet, it wouldn't surprise me if the deadline passed without any big deals going down.

Yeah, the last couple of deadlines have been pretty slow.  It makes me long for the craziness of the 2008 trade deadline, and not JUST because that was when the Lakers got Pau (but it doesn't hurt, either).

timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 02:54:49 am »

Just sweetens it a little does it. Really I just want to see Thad Young moved… Mainly because I like him and want to watch him play more but can't stand watching Philly games haha.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 03:01:03 am »

It has been very quiet, it wouldn't surprise me if the deadline passed without any big deals going down.

I am with you there and no teams willing to trade firsts and who can really blame them with the players that we know that are available.
timmio1990
Star

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 03:06:09 am »
+1

Yeah that is true, I guess we will see over the next couple of days anyway. I'm just hoping teams like Charlotte and Phoenix make moves to help with a push towards the playoffs, Phoenix in Particular are in a very good position to make move without much risk. That contract of Oakafor and 1 of their many picks would be enough to get some talent and not ruin their cap space.

Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 05:40:55 am »

Phoenix should definitely make a move on that Emeka contract. Also, I think this draft is starting to be over-hyped a little. Still a really deep draft but, not 2003 at all. Parker and Wiggins are not Melo and Lebron... and 2015 with Alexander, Okafor, Turner, Towns etc etc maybe just as good a draft. Plus, loaded with front court talent which is rare. Teams are all about restrictions and impossible to get a 1st without them now. You really need to acquire a 1st three or four years before you plan on using it now. Main thing for Bulls is getting rid of Boozer which could be done in an amnesty... No need to gut the team... Just lose Booze.

The bigger problem is Derrick Rose's status, He is an unknown element in all of this because he could be anything from a future MVP again or his career could be washed up. The only way to know is to wait and see. The problem is if you sit and wait and then he is washed up than that kills all recruiting efforts for a second star talent. Which is why the Bulls may have to trade for a number one talent now before Rose's status is revealed just as insurance, and hope Rose is the cherry on top that sundae.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:45:17 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 01:46:36 am »

Still only small moves around the league, pretty uneventful so far.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2014, 05:30:16 am »

The Bulls will do whats in their best interest. They know Melo is out there and now Love is out there demanding trade... So they have pieces and will make the most of them. If their target is Melo, than they may know something we don't. So they could sign him this summer for a discount for all we know. All I am saying is they will get away with giving up the least to gain the most.... And their not going to pi$$ away assets for a chance at any player. Any deal is with contract signed before trade... So not need to waste assets if the guy would not sign long term. Wait for him to drop his contract before you bring him in.... Why give away Butler or Snell or anyone if Melo doesn't come with a new contract. So the Bulls can be like the Lakers with Howard waiting to get screwed...
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2014, 02:06:01 am »

What a boring deadline, Charlotte made a move just to make a move.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2014, 05:00:46 am »

What a boring deadline, Charlotte made a move just to make a move.

I'd like to see Charlotte go on a nice losing streak and Sac to go on a winning streak.

Bottom-line is Knicks ain't trading Melo, If he wants out then he will have to be the "bad" guy and do the walking.

Strange timing on Love's announcement. If K.Love wanted out he should have started stumping his feet earlier. I kind of think his leak was timed to keep teams interested in him and not blow all their trade assets on someone else. Plus, he made the comment about the T-wolves roster is better than the Lakers.

I'm excited to get Mirotic over but will take a lot for him to be better than Love. I know his is slow of foot but he is the same size as Hedo 6'10" 225... is the Bulls plan to play him at the three and four ?

Compare their games ?

Farewell to #15 (Hedo Turkoglu mix)

NIKOLA MIROTIC MIX

Rose
Butler/Snell
Mirotic
Love/ Taj
Noah
timmio1990
Star

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 05:03:14 am »
+2

How did you add Love to that Bulls team and magically remove Boozer?
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2014, 02:17:17 am »

In that case they would amnesty Boozer.
BULLSFAN4EVER
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2014, 10:03:17 am »

melo is an elite scorer and the bulls haven't had one since michael jordan. Statisitcally speaking the bulls have one of the worst offenses in the nba, tell me melo can't bring the bulls to a top 10 offense and as long as thibs is around bulls will always have a top 3 defense. That being said if Carlos Boozer can survive in thibs defensive schemes then so can melo. If the bulls go in another route such as getting mirotic and signing lance stephenson, it will be the same old story each year. Having the best record in the east but when playoff time comes start breaking down. Mirotic is a gamble he could be just another andrea bargani or a poor mans dirk. Stephenson is a wildcard, not a consistent scorer. Rose will obviously never be the same player he was in 2011. I also want to add that I honestly wouldn't mind taj gibson being let go because he has already peaked. He's not skilled offensively, but is a good on defense and has a high motor. he's 29 and will be 30 next year not sure he is the long term option at pf.
topbullsfan
Benchwarmer

Respect: +26

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 03:49:03 pm »

Taj is 28 not 29. I would rather have Mirotic, Taj, and Stephenson than Melo at age 30!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:59:58 pm by topbullsfan » Logged

bullsfan
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 06:43:28 pm »

Personally, I would like to see them get another star but rather it be a player with more miles left than Melo. Not crazy about  Lance "crazy A$$" Stephenson either... he is a ticking time bomb. And with Phil in the picture Melo might be staying in New York. Phil Jackson will "blow up" the Knicks mark my word. And that is what Melo wants to see right... big moves. A new team. But I doubt Phil can reverse the Knicks fortune enough in the next 2 years (Melo's remaining)

What if he gets Melo to stay? How long will he stay happy?

Melo is a legit scorer and as stated early will learn to adapt to Thibs defensive strategy.Bulls definitely have interest but Its up to Carmelo, and if he is serious about winning he would take a modest pay cut. Taj is ready to start, and Mirotic isn't ready to come over yet. I see no need to keep Snoozer around, hope the amnesty him this summer.

Ideally w/ Melo

Rose / Augustine
2 Guard
Melo / Butler
Taj / Mid level PF that plays both ends of the court
Noah / Back-up center

Neither Snell or Butler have made the big steps needed to be legit starters. Snell came on with more offense then Defense and Butler the opposite. In the end I see Snell developing into the better player. I see the Bulls treating Jimmy the way they did their last defensive 2 guard with a developing offense (Thabo) , and trading him. Which makes me feel they are packaging assets for a big move. The question is for who ?

Assets

Multiple picks
Butler, Snell or Dunn
Mirotic or Taj ?

what could you get for that ?

Do you use them for a veteran or to show up big at the draft ?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:53:54 pm by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2014, 12:33:51 am »

He wants to be a Bull or Rocket, decisions, decisions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Jump to: