Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Billups Leaving...  (Read 4943 times)
thelongman
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: June 30, 2007, 11:04:02 am »

I have been a huge Pistons fan for years... even though I am from Canada. This team needs to let Billups go....... he is not the answer this team needs at point guard. Just look at his past performances.........
 Against San Antonio in the finals, the Pistons went flat in the final 5 minutes, and Billups was throwing up bricks. He is not the type of guy who gets the most out of his teammates and can create for them. Again against Miami 2 years ago, this team had trouble scoring, again it is the responsibility of the point guard to create points for his team, not by scoring himself but by creating shots for others. Then in Cleveland this year, two games in a row he isolated himself for the game winning shot and turned the ball over both times. Not once did he even think of setting up his teamates. The pistons were down by 1 during the one game, all they needed was a two pointer, instead he throws up an off balance 3???? Why oh why? especially when you have guys who can post up like Sheed and Webber and Prince.  All the time after each screw up of his, he walked back to the bench laughing and with a big smile. I hope Joe doesn't over pay him, when that money could be spent on getting some quality depth for a change... like Mo- Pete or somebody else. This team is in desperate need of a center... a banger/rebounder who can score down low consistently.... maybe someone like a jamal Magloire....
legenderypete
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 12:54:38 pm »

i agree with you billups does try and force his shot sometimes instead of gettin his teamate involved. Hmm im not sure about him leavin as stuckey is a similar player as billups who can step into a the sg postion.
There not many playmakers in the league plus the ones who arnt good defenders which billups is usally although against the cavs gibson killed him.

But i really disagree with jamal maglorie he has struggled the last few years and even vanilla gorrila pryzbilla outplayed him last 2 years
thelongman
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:05:55 pm »

Joel didn't outplay him at all.......... and the only reason he didn't play as well is the amount of time he got to play... his minutes were eaten up by bogut or all the depth they had in Portland.... I am not saying he is going to be great... but could be a double double guy in detroit... 10 points... 10 rebounds... a low post presence... Webber showed he is too slow to defend there with his bad  knees... and there is not much else out there... Dumars made a mistake last year with Nazr.....he needs to fix it with a better player... The guy I would really like is Dalembert, but I don't think they have what it would take to get him... would have to give up too much. As for stuckey.. I was surprised with this pick a little... this team needs a pure point sooooooooooo much...... not another shooting guard. They are filled with guards who can shoot. Plus if this team is really looking at winning again, they should of traded a pick and made a push for MO Pete.. a hometown boy that can defend and  has hit many big shots in his day...
legenderypete
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:10:05 pm »

i think stuckey is really there just incase billups leaves, or they are thinkin of gettin rid of flip murray but i dont know why we drafted affalo
thelongman
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 01:14:14 pm »

stucky is a straight up shooting guard... not a point... you can't just teach the point.. it is part of your personality... it comes natural to you...that is why chauncey always looks for his shot... he is not a pure point.. he plays there... but if the Pistons aren't firing on all cylinders, then they can't win the big games because he cannot play make for them like a pure point would. So Stuckey can't replace Chauncey.. if anything Stuckey is more of a bonzi wells player in his early years...... the worst thing joe does is resign Chauncey for over $10 million.. this will hurt our cap space for years to come
thelongman
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 01:30:04 pm »

who is the babe in the fire fighting hat???? she is hot... plus props for the RIPTIDE guys... I used to love that show.. even with the pink helicopter and awesome corvette
legenderypete
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 01:38:46 pm »

Quote from: "thelongman"
who is the babe in the fire fighting hat?Huh she is hot... plus props for the RIPTIDE guys... I used to love that show.. even with the pink helicopter and awesome corvette

lol the babe is Felice Schachter she was a child star from the series "the facts of life", i been watchin too much 80's tv recently.

Riptide was the best!!! im glad there another fan most people dont even remeber it!!!
thelongman
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 01:41:11 pm »

she was on facts of life... whoaaaaaaaa... most of them grew up to be overweight.... she is hot...... and I was hoping you would say it was your eligible single sister... darn...lol
 I grew up with all the eighties shows.. Knight Rider... A-team... dukes of hazzard...WKRP... cheers, nightcourt....... tv just isnt' the same anymore..
legenderypete
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 02:59:25 pm »

Quote from: "thelongman"
she was on facts of life... whoaaaaaaaa... most of them grew up to be overweight.... she is hot...... and I was hoping you would say it was your eligible single sister... darn...lol
 I grew up with all the eighties shows.. Knight Rider... A-team... dukes of hazzard...WKRP... cheers, nightcourt....... tv just isnt' the same anymore..

yep tv has lost it 80's cheese and bad actin.  :shock:
WoodyPaige
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 11:01:50 am »

They should let Chauncey go and sign Mo Williams.
thelongman
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 12:58:29 pm »

WHAT !!!!!!!!

MO Williams is the same player, just younger, and not as good... that doesn't make sense... mo is a score first point guard... not what this team needs.... the only team that can win like that is the Spurs, but that is because of Tim Duncan, and the style they play... all unselfish. Can't say the same about the Pistons unfortunately..
Streetballer16
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 07:51:25 am »

Billups ain't goin anywhere, Detroit losing big ben was enough. No way will Billups leaving make Detroit any better.

SAA-WISH!
td21
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 12:36:13 pm »

Quote from: "Streetballer16"
Billups ain't goin anywhere, Detroit losing big ben was enough. No way will Billups leaving make Detroit any better.

who said i was  :? , i think this mainly about money and everyone knowing the pistons will be fading in 2 seasons or so. billups is smart, get out now while you still have some good legs under you and cab get the money you want.
toppot1000
Journeyman

Dwight Howard's Secret Weapon: 6 cans of XS a game

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 10:14:19 pm »

nice save by detroit. if they didnt get big bills back they were screwed and might as well rebuild.

Darth Celtic
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 01:52:51 am »

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
stucky is a straight up shooting guard... not a point... you can't just teach the point.. it is part of your personality... it comes natural to you...that is why chauncey always looks for his shot... he is not a pure point.. he plays there... but if the Pistons aren't firing on all cylinders, then they can't win the big games because he cannot play make for them like a pure point would. So Stuckey can't replace Chauncey.. if anything Stuckey is more of a bonzi wells player in his early years...... the worst thing joe does is resign Chauncey for over $10 million.. this will hurt our cap space for years to come
thelongman
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
who is the babe in the fire fighting hat?Huh she is hot... plus props for the RIPTIDE guys... I used to love that show.. even with the pink helicopter and awesome corvette
legenderypete
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
thelongman wrote:

lol the babe is Felice Schachter she was a child star from the series "the facts of life", i been watchin too much 80's tv recently.

Riptide was the best!!! im glad there another fan most people dont even remeber it!!!
thelongman
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
legenderypete
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
thelongman wrote:

yep tv has lost it 80's cheese and bad actin. Shocked
WoodyPaige
Undrafted
Undrafted

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
They should let Chauncey go and sign Mo Williams.
thelongman
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
WHAT !!!!!!!!

MO Williams is the same player, just younger, and not as good... that doesn't make sense... mo is a score first point guard... not what this team needs.... the only team that can win like that is the Spurs, but that is because of Tim Duncan, and the style they play... all unselfish. Can't say the same about the Pistons unfortunately..
Streetballer16
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject:    Reply with quote

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: