Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Andray Blatche and Javale McGee to Play for the Philippines?  (Read 27292 times)
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« on: January 31, 2014, 04:47:17 am »

BROOKLYN Nets stalwart Andray Blatche confirmed he was indeed, approached to suit up for the Philippines for the coming FIBA-World Cup as a naturalized player.

Blatche admitted he is interested about the opportunity to play in the world basketball championship as part of the Philippine team a day after coach Chot Reyes disclosed about a pending House Bill filed in Congress regarding plans to naturalize the Nets big man.

“It was brought to my attention a couple of days ago and I told them I'd be interested in doing it. It's cool,” Blatche told Brooklyn reporters.

Blatche said the FIBA-World Cup in Spain is also a good opportunity for him to get ready for the 2015 season although he still doesn’t have a concrete idea on the plans of Gilas Pilipinas on him.

“It'll help me get ready for training camp and the season. I said I'm interested, so there's a good chance of it happening,” Blatche said.

Aside from Blatche, also being considered for naturalization is Denver center Javale McGee.

Reyes bared on Thursday that hopefully, Blatche and McGee could be included in the 24-man line up of Gilas Pilipinas to be submitted by June 30 along with Marcus Douthit, although under FIBA rules, only one naturalized player will be allowed to see action.

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/blatche-confirms-gilas-pilipinas-offer-says-hes-interested-to-suit-up-as-naturalized-player-

If we can get lucky with the brackets, the Philippines can actually win at least a game or two and that was without McGee/Blatche, not sure if adding one of them and replacing Marcus Douthit will produce significant results but you never know. Ideally, I would like us to be bracketed with USA (exposure/experience) and one Asian team that we could beat (Korea, who we beat or a wildcard team)

LET'S GO HEAT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: