Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magic Johnson Reaches Out To Lakers About Helping Recruit Free Agents  (Read 4829 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: February 06, 2014, 02:05:00 am »

Magic Johnson sounded eager to assist the Los Angeles Lakers moving forward, including the possibility of recruiting free agents.

“I love them. I’m going to support them. I asked Mitch [Kupchak] the other day if you want me to recruit this summer,” Johnson said Wednesday. “People don’t know that was my role with Dr. Buss for a while. I was the first to call Ron Artest, Lamar Odom, all these guys. That was my job, calling them and recruiting them.”

Johnson sold his 4.5 ownership stake with the Lakers in 2010 and remains an unpaid vice president with the team.

Johnson recently has been critical of the Lakers but has since backtracked to support his former team.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231823/Magic-Johnson-Reaches-Out-To-Lakers-About-Helping-Recruit-Free-Agents
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 06:58:23 pm »
+1

there's really nothing to recruit this summer...i mean unless he wants to give Stephenson or Bledsoe a call.  and Bledsoe is restricted, so pretty much only Stephenson...and he should be calling LA. lol

how about Magic call Love and try to speed up the trade demand process?...because you know it's coming sooner or later.  might as well try to get him before Pau leaves as a FA.  we're now approaching Dwight/Orlando territory where Orlando was begging Dwight to stay and on the verge of finalizing a trade for him while they were on a road trip.  it'd be a long shot, but why not?  Lakers won't even have a contract to deal for Love next year...they'll just have to wait until he turns FA.  if Love demands a trade now, he'll be eligible for a 5yr/max with LA.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 03:03:21 am »

Maybe Magic is on that now. Cool
joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

Respect: +133

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »

Lakers will at least re-sign Meeks/Young/Wes, Kelly, Nash contract could be a trade/retire type contract depending on what happens.  Lakers will also have to sign a few players to one year deals (to keep things open for 2015 summer) but if Nash isn;t back to some type of Nash style next season and considers retiring you could easily trade him with a couple of you're single year inflated contracts like Kaman this year or whatver..... for Love.....

I wouldn't mind Nash just retiring if he can't show something this season, and we just get Lowry to sign a deal for cheaper....... I can't imagine anyone paying Lowry more than 10mil a year for some reason?

joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

Respect: +133

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 05:24:38 pm »
+1

BTW Magic has been pissing me off lately in the media always badmouthing the Lakers..... it's about time he does something for the damn franchise that he was so much apart of....

Since he's become so Dodger obsessed he's just always trashing Laker brass.... and now all the sudden he "SAY'S he will help recruit"..... I thouht he always helped? WTF is that.....

Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 05:30:28 pm »

Nash ain't retiring.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 03:27:34 am »

BTW Magic has been pissing me off lately in the media always badmouthing the Lakers..... it's about time he does something for the damn franchise that he was so much apart of....

Since he's become so Dodger obsessed he's just always trashing Laker brass.... and now all the sudden he "SAY'S he will help recruit"..... I thouht he always helped? WTF is that.....

He should already no the master plan.
CLIPPERSRUNLA
Undrafted

Respect: +4

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 05:31:21 pm »
+1

Instead, Magic attended Dodger games with Steve Ballmer and CP3.   Free agency turned out to be a total flop for the Lakers.

#CRLA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: