Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Official Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Thread  (Read 11506 times)
Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 01:18:15 pm »

You'd talk shit because you'd beat a country with 1/10 of your population? Logically speaking, shouldn't you be towering over the Canadians and Norwegians (5 million people)?

Lithuanian Bball players and very populous 3rd world countries definitely disagree with this logic, quite stupid logic really.  As if population has anything to do with implementing and growing solid sports programs.  

I gave you both extremes, now go away.
The_Pleasure_Man
Star

The pinnacle of male evolution

Respect: +1249

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 02:35:28 pm »
+1

Lithuanian Bball players and very populous 3rd world countries definitely disagree with this logic, quite stupid logic really.  As if population has anything to do with implementing and growing solid sports programs.  

I gave you both extremes, now go away.

These are all extremely well thought out points for which I have no rebuttal. My argument was silly and the notion that when comparing three Western nations with similar wealth per capita, the country which has a substantially larger pool of athletes to tap out of has the upper leg, is stupid. Using the argument that winter sports are practised more in the United States than in any other Western country on earth is stupid too. Just look at how large the population of Nigeria is, right? I mean Canada and Norway surely face the same problems of not being able to invest in its athletes, training, and facilities. Good point.

I should really just go away now
The_Pleasure_Man
Star

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 02:53:57 pm »

p.s. Vegas still has the US beating Canada for most golds, with Norway as favourites and Germany second.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:56:11 pm by The_Pleasure_Man » Logged
Death2SmallBall
Star

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 03:57:40 pm »

These are all extremely well thought out points for which I have no rebuttal. My argument was silly and the notion that when comparing three Western nations with similar wealth per capita, the country which has a substantially larger pool of athletes to tap out of has the upper leg, is stupid. Using the argument that winter sports are practised more in the United States than in any other Western country on earth is stupid too. Just look at how large the population of Nigeria is, right? I mean Canada and Norway surely face the same problems of not being able to invest in its athletes, training, and facilities. Good point.

I should really just go away now
I totally agree with the red.
using population ALONE as means to illustrate why a country should produce better athletes just doesn't jive.  there are many many other factors one must consider.

In black is how you made it seem at least at first.
again, simply having a larger pool of potential athletes alone isn't enough to draw those inferences.  

please stay now.  

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 02:31:09 am »

The USA women's hockey team seemed to get the raw end of the deal, hopefully they can bounce back.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 08:17:33 am »
+1

The USA women's hockey team seemed to get the raw end of the deal, hopefully they can bounce back.

I agree, the whistle had blown. Should have been disallowed. However, Canada was up 3-1 before the States got a goal late, so its not like they were already winning the game or anything. Plus, both teams advance, and theres a high, high chance that they meet in the gold medal game so it doesn't really matter.

Soon....
The_Pleasure_Man
Star

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 03:46:52 am »

The Dutch Are Having More Fun Than Everyone Else At The Olympics
http://www.buzzfeed.com/danoshinsky/the-dutch-are-having-fun-at-the-olympics

My favourite pic: The Dutch king getting smashed with Vladimir Putin at the Heineken Holland House described as "one of the biggest party houses in Sochi".

Beat that bitches!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:26:08 am by The_Pleasure_Man » Logged
StumptheSlob
MVP

Respect: +1230

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2014, 09:29:05 am »
+1

OSSSHIEEEE

GO NEW YORK, GO NEW YORK, GO!
"The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex. I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left." - Patrick Ewing
"If people don't consider me a good player, they're stupid." - Danilo Gallinari
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 11:28:27 am »
+1

OSSSHIEEEE
amazing game

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 02:53:04 pm »
+1

Kovalchuck is such a fucking wizard with the puck, shame he isn't in the NHL anymore.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2014, 02:10:59 am »

Russia is mad but they have no leg to stand on it is plainly in the rulebook.
The_Pleasure_Man
Star

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2014, 03:48:02 am »

Where's the Canada - USA pre-game trash talk?
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2014, 03:54:28 am »

Where's the Canada - USA pre-game trash talk?

They scurred

RIP Madawg
The_Pleasure_Man
Star

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2014, 04:10:43 am »

They scurred

I'm not Canadian, nor have I ever watched a hockey game in my life, but I'll get the ball rolling on this one...

The USA hasn't seen a defense like Canada yet and they're playing overconfidently. The only time the United States has ever had a better national hockey team than Canada was when they were coached by Emilio Estevez. I once met Dustin Brown, he smelled like soup.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:05:50 am by The_Pleasure_Man » Logged
Death2SmallBall
Star

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2014, 10:54:54 pm »

Congrats Canada on winning the most meaningful medal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Jump to: