Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Official Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Thread  (Read 11504 times)
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2014, 10:52:48 am »

lol have less fun, you do know that if the US beat Canada I'd be trolling this thread like crazy, right?  Of course, since we lost, I'm just gonna say that nobody in America cares about the Winter Olympics.

You troll every thread like crazy anyways, what else would be new? Not to mention arrogant Americans like yourself tend to act that way anyways. Hockey is Canada's sport, historically they've always been more talented than the other countries. So yeah, if your country won, I could see why you would do that. Your country is not regarded as the best in hockey, nor does your country ever beat Canada either. Beating you guys at hockey is nothing new, so I'm not about to resort to how arrogant Americans.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2014, 11:14:04 am »

Yeah let's be honest here, hockey isn't Americas sport, there's a reason USA tends to do worse in Winter than summer Olympics.  60% of the NHL is made up of Canadian players, you have over half the NHL to choose from, Canada should be the best year in and year out.  I like hockey and it's pretty obvious a lot if teams had talent, Russia was pretty loaded too and they were the embarrassment of the tournament.  It's not embarrassing that the USA lost to two good fucking teams, that's just arrogant Canadian talk.

The_Pleasure_Man
Star

The pinnacle of male evolution

Respect: +1249

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2014, 11:38:27 am »
+1

The United States: 230 athletes - 28 medals (9 gold)
Canada: 221 athletes - 25 medals (10 gold)
The Netherlands: 41 athletes -24 medals (8 gold)

Pound-for-pound Champions of the 2014 olympics bitches. 
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2014, 07:34:50 pm »

Not to mention arrogant Americans like yourself tend to act that way anyways.
I'm not about to resort to how arrogant Americans.

lol

Yeah let's be honest here, hockey isn't Americas sport, there's a reason USA tends to do worse in Winter than summer Olympics.  60% of the NHL is made up of Canadian players, you have over half the NHL to choose from, Canada should be the best year in and year out.  I like hockey and it's pretty obvious a lot if teams had talent, Russia was pretty loaded too and they were the embarrassment of the tournament.  It's not embarrassing that the USA lost to two good fucking teams, that's just arrogant Canadian talk.

This is exactly the kind of double standard I expected. If America had won (or at least done better than 4th), I guarantee you'd be in here pounding your chest about how great America has become at hockey. But since their stacked team failed, you resort to the, "oh, we dont really care about hockey anyways" response. Russia was equally as embarrassing but there's no way a team with the talent America had should have finished fourth. They had one of the best (if not the best) goalie in the NHL, and elite level guys like Patrick Kane who failed to show up. I will give props to my main man Kessel for potting 8 points in the tourney, he was their best player.

Anyways, I'm always up for some light hearted trash talking so don't take it personally. I'm a Canadian and a huge hockey fan, I can't help himself. It pales in comparison to some of the Canada-bashing I saw on Twitter before the semi-final.

Soon....
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:05 pm »

You suck tho.

RIP Madawg
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2014, 03:56:22 am »

Congrats to Canada hockey a dominating run.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Jump to: