Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turner: I'm Having Career-Year And People Are Still Complaining  (Read 14517 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: February 11, 2014, 03:07:10 am »

Evan Turner's future with the Philadelphia 76ers is uncertain as he is midway through his fourth season with the franchise. Turner has often been criticized for failing to live up to expectations.

“Absolutely," said Turner if he's been victim of undue expectations. "But at the same that’s what the No. 2 tag comes with. Sometimes there’s people that write stuff or say stuff that don’t even watch the game. I’ve enjoyed my first few years, first year made it to the playoffs, and was able to play and play some big minutes. Second year, the same thing occurred, they screamed I’m not a scorer. Those two years, the most anybody [on the team] scored was 14 points [Elton Brand averaged 15] and I averaged 10. It’s like people write what they want to write and see what they want to see, and fortunately I’ve gotten over that.

“I’m having a career year [in 2013-14] and people are still complaining. I don’t pay attention to it anymore. I know I can play basketball. Some people have never played basketball in their life and now they’re telling me how to play.

“When it came down to it, I got blamed for dang near everything. I wasn’t this, I wasn’t that. You become insecure about it after a while but once you start maturing, you’re just, whatever. I don’t worry about it anymore.”

Turner will be a restricted free agent this offseason and is a candidate to be traded before the deadline.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/231872/Turner-Im-Having-Career-Year-And-People-Are-Still-Complaining
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:17:34 am »
+1

This guy has so much potential, but he's just not using it right.

It might be time for a change of scenery.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 02:39:38 am »

If he comes to the Bobcats I don't know how he will do with a score first PG in Kemba but if Henderson can get up shots then Turner will probably find a way.
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 02:42:37 am »
+1

The fact that he is having a career year while his team is having a terrible season, he has increased his usage and his defense may have even gotten worse kind of takes away from the scoring/offensive numbers he has put up.
dcenate05050
Starter

Respect: +152

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 08:52:25 pm »

career year in shots taken i guess.  Smiley
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:58:18 am »

The Sixers have downgraded to wanting a second rounder and expiring contract for him, now we may can talk.
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 02:09:15 am »
+1

Where did you hear that? I would still be hesitant, I am not very high on him though I will admit that, but I think the expiring contract of Ben Gordon + pick could get something better than Evan Turner who is likely to walk anyway at the end of the year.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 01:59:36 am »
+1

Where did you hear that? I would still be hesitant, I am not very high on him though I will admit that, but I think the expiring contract of Ben Gordon + pick could get something better than Evan Turner who is likely to walk anyway at the end of the year.

One of the ESPN guys tweeted it, well he is a Pacer now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: