Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Knicks release MWP and Udrih  (Read 7009 times)
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« on: February 22, 2014, 03:20:05 pm »

I find this interesting.  Both players have been terrible this season, but if Felton and/or Prigioni get injured again, then the Knicks will have serious problems at PG.

What do you think is the Knicks' thought process?  Will they bring in a D-Leaguer or two?  Are they going to try to grab a veteran who has been bought out (they would probably go to teams with better records)?

MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +533

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 04:53:21 pm »

I find this interesting.  Both players have been terrible this season, but if Felton and/or Prigioni get injured again, then the Knicks will have serious problems at PG.

What do you think is the Knicks' thought process?  Will they bring in a D-Leaguer or two?  Are they going to try to grab a veteran who has been bought out (they would probably go to teams with better records)?

Are any point guards supposed to get bought out though? Could they possibly land say Clark, Davis, or Granger?

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 04:57:42 pm »

It makes me sad to see Metta World Peace without a team. He'll probably join the Spurs, everyone is signing with them apparently.

I'm not even sure the Knicks have a thought process. MWP, I can kind of understand, but I don't understand the Udrih release, I know he's been garbage this year, but as you say, can we trust Felton and old man Pablo to stay healthy? If you want to make a run at the playoff then they're going to need to stay as deep as possible, just in case.

You very well could be looking at some veterans, but I read an article today saying that veterans were joining New York and were shocked at how badly managed to franchise was and in turn is having an impact on their free agent signings (which I think is BS in the long run). But it'll be interesting to see what they do, unless they've given up getting to the playoffs, but surely not?

MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 05:01:17 pm »

Tanking for a high second round pick? Cheesy

Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 05:31:11 am »

Udrih requested a trade back then and wanted out of the Knicks if I remember it right, so yeah.

LET'S GO HEAT.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 03:05:24 am »

I wonder what is next for Metta?
timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 03:13:30 am »
+1

Retire from basketball and get into boxing.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 03:22:15 am »
+2

Retire from basketball and get into boxing.

Nah, you are not allowed to elbow opponents in boxing.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 03:33:42 am »

I am sure Udrih can find a home somewhere, GS would have made a lot of sense before they got Blake.
MettaFan
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 01:16:53 pm »
+1

I wonder what is next for Metta?

OKC to start over Durant, win a few titles, then retire the best baskethoops player in history.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 01:23:11 am »

OKC to start over Durant, win a few titles, then retire the best baskethoops player in history.

If he goes to the Heat don't try and jump on the wagon.
Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 05:21:34 pm »

Don't they have Murry as emergency option at PG?

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 11:57:35 pm »

Yes but still..
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 12:12:42 am »

Yeah, but that is not going to help them claw their way into the playoffs.  A Prigioni/Murry PG rotation is the worst in the the NBA.

timmio1990
Star

Respect: +483

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 02:24:56 am »

I guess the timing of this is typical for how the Knicks season has gone. What can go wrong, will go wrong.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: