Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: realistic laker line ups 14-15  (Read 19160 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 01:18:18 am »

Yeah, I'd probably wait to then as long as Kobe is content and doesn't play well enough to will them to the playoffs next season.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 01:47:11 am »
+1

Yeah, I'd probably wait to then as long as Kobe is content and doesn't play well enough to will them to the playoffs next season.

There is no chance of that happening.  There was a time where he could have done that, but those years are behind him.  Best case scenario he ends up like Jordan on the Wizards, but even that might be expecting too much.

Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 04:58:41 am »
+2

There is no chance of that happening.  There was a time where he could have done that, but those years are behind him.  Best case scenario he ends up like Jordan on the Wizards, but even that might be expecting too much.

I think that's a little harsh considering how good Kobe was even last year, his achilles didn't seem to be giving him any issues in his six games back either. I'm not expecting him to come back at Kobe level or anything, and his presence alone isn't going to propel the Lakers to the playoffs, but I want to see how he comes back before wiping out any chance of anything. I'm not the biggest Kobe homer, as you know, but it seems like you have a bit of vendetta against him recently, Mr T. What gives?

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 10:32:44 am »

I think that's a little harsh considering how good Kobe was even last year, his achilles didn't seem to be giving him any issues in his six games back either. I'm not expecting him to come back at Kobe level or anything, and his presence alone isn't going to propel the Lakers to the playoffs, but I want to see how he comes back before wiping out any chance of anything. I'm not the biggest Kobe homer, as you know, but it seems like you have a bit of vendetta against him recently, Mr T. What gives?

Just trying to be realistic.  He will be 36, with all those games and minutes under his belt, coming off the worst injuries of his career.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 12:28:50 am »

Okay maybe not all by himself but maybe with a few minor tweaks to the roster and a new coach they could sniff the 8th seed. (I am aware you don't want this)
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 12:37:53 am »

Okay maybe not all by himself but maybe with a few minor tweaks to the roster and a new coach they could sniff the 8th seed. (I am aware you don't want this)

No, it is just not happening.  Outside of Lebron and Melo, no one that Lakers can sign will make them a playoff team.  Why are you so obsessed with the Lakers changing coaches?  Mike D is a good coach!  No one is going to come in and be able to turn around the shit pile that is the Lakers roster.  It is just not happening. 

KOBE24
Benchwarmer

Lakers 2010 Champions

Respect: +4

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 01:48:02 am »

Lakers gone next year FOR SURE
Chris Kaman - hate him and always will. No D whatsoever
Hill - Lakers are prob gonna sent him away for salary cap. Wish we can keep him
Meeks - prob gone as well
Young - the feud between kobe and him. He is out of here for sure
Wes Johnson - not a good fit for lakers, he has gotta go
Pau - plz trade his *** now when he's got some value, worst rim protector in NBA

REALISTIC 2014-2015
PG - Steve Nash, Jordan Farmer (we need him back, I trust him more than Marshall), Marshall
SG - KB24, Bazemore (keeper)
SF - Brandon Rush, ARIZA (you guys all forgot about him, he now has Bryant’s agent Rob Pelinka) THIS IS MORE REALISTIC, doubt melo will sign with lakers.
PF - klove
C - Asik (he wants out of houston) WAY better than pau.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 04:42:04 am »

klove? ok then.

RIP Madawg
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 05:36:34 am »

Lakers gone next year FOR SURE
Chris Kaman - hate him and always will. No D whatsoever
Hill - Lakers are prob gonna sent him away for salary cap. Wish we can keep him
Meeks - prob gone as well
Young - the feud between kobe and him. He is out of here for sure
Wes Johnson - not a good fit for lakers, he has gotta go
Pau - plz trade his *** now when he's got some value, worst rim protector in NBA

REALISTIC 2014-2015
PG - Steve Nash, Jordan Farmer (we need him back, I trust him more than Marshall), Marshall
SG - KB24, Bazemore (keeper)
SF - Brandon Rush, ARIZA (you guys all forgot about him, he now has Bryant’s agent Rob Pelinka) THIS IS MORE REALISTIC, doubt melo will sign with lakers.
PF - klove
C - Asik (he wants out of houston) WAY better than pau.

There is no feud with Kobe and Nick Young, it was a joke. Young said one of the reasons he would stay next season is because he wants to play with Kobe, he said that just last week. However, he's also talking about opting out and gauging his value, which I completely expect him to do, and someone will pay him more.
I'd happily have him back if he opts in though, and I'd happily have Johnson back, he's a decent piece to have off the bench. It's a shame that Meeks and Hill are basically locks to leave though, they'll get paid and deservedly so.

Of the current roster I'd like to keep, realistically is Farmar and Bazemore. Marshall will stay because he's already signed, but I like Farmar more, too, but he can't stay healthy. Pau has played really well since the deadline, he's still a quality player and would be a great signing for anyone at around 5-7m, which someone will give him. Perhaps even the Lakers.

No one forgot about Ariza either, Regal and I bring him up almost on a monthly basis. And there's nothing the Lakers can offer Houston for Asik outside of the pick, even if Houston want to make room for Melo, and I wouldn't offer that pick for him. Same goes for Love, not sure how we could get him this year, that would likely be another pick trade (but with what else?) but more likely through free agency in 2015.
I don't see too many changes this summer, no matter how much Kobe bitches about it.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 11:37:22 pm »

I see around the web where a growing majority of Laker fans want Anthony Davis over K Love and I can't blame them, I share the feeling as a neutral observer.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 12:41:02 am »

I see around the web where a growing majority of Laker fans want Anthony Davis over K Love and I can't blame them, I share the feeling as a neutral observer.

Well, sure, why not?  He can join Lebron, Melo, and Steph Curry.  Whilst we are talking about impossible scenarios, how about Mitch Kupchak takes a 13-month journey to find the Fountain of Youth and make Kobe 28-years-old again, and after the Lakers trade for another top 6 pick in this draft, they will have Exum and Wiggins off the bench.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2014, 12:11:41 am »

What makes Davis so unrealistic?
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2014, 12:41:44 am »

Name one star that did not sign his after rookie contract extension instead of taking the qualifying offer and becom a free agent.  Lebeon, Melo, Bosh, Durant, Westbrook, Rose, George, Hibbert, Blake, Love, LA, Deron, Paul, etc.  They always take that big payday after their rookie contract.  Harden could have taken the QO and become a free agent and gone anywhere with cap space, but he held firm, got traded, and got the max extension.

Name one guy that took the QO and became a free agent after their rookie contract.

Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 06:23:15 pm »

He's probably the most valuable player outside of Kevin Durant right now as far as youth and such goes, the Pelicans have him wrapped up for a couple of years yet, so it would take a miracle to get him anytime soon.

---------

Anyway, I should be GM. I picked up NBA 2K14 the other day and downloaded a pretty accurate draft class (although it included some 2015 guys, too). LA finished 13th in the West when I simmed the remainder of this season and we got the seventh pick.
I ended up with the 22nd pick too by trading Nick Young for it and Joel Freeland.

The game totally messed up because I was able to pick Exum with the seventh and Embiid was still on the board at 22! I even picked up Marcus Smart with the 37th pick, which I got from the Grizzlies along with their first rounder for next year.

Nash retired, I signed Kobe for an extra year at $13m (he hasn't signed the extension yet), signed Lance Stephenson to a three year $10m deal (this game is so flawed), re-signed Pau for a year at $6m and added Shawn Marion, Farmar, Battier and Stephen Jackson (who is still good on it for some reason) for minimums. Also signed Patrick Patterson to a one year deal.

This is the 14/15 line up I have:

Farmar / Exum
Stephenson / Smart / Bazemore
Kobe / Jackson
Marion / Patterson / Battier
Gasol / Embiid

Only Stephenson, Exum, Smart and Embiid are signed on for next year with around $50m in cap space and two first round picks - Lebron James says he's testing free agency and Kevin Love is opting out. But we all know where they're going Wink

Mitch who? PHIL WHO?

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2014, 09:45:45 pm »

He's probably the most valuable player outside of Kevin Durant right now as far as youth and such goes, the Pelicans have him wrapped up for a couple of years yet, so it would take a miracle to get him anytime soon.

---------

Anyway, I should be GM. I picked up NBA 2K14 the other day and downloaded a pretty accurate draft class (although it included some 2015 guys, too). LA finished 13th in the West when I simmed the remainder of this season and we got the seventh pick.
I ended up with the 22nd pick too by trading Nick Young for it and Joel Freeland.

The game totally messed up because I was able to pick Exum with the seventh and Embiid was still on the board at 22! I even picked up Marcus Smart with the 37th pick, which I got from the Grizzlies along with their first rounder for next year.

Nash retired, I signed Kobe for an extra year at $13m (he hasn't signed the extension yet), signed Lance Stephenson to a three year $10m deal (this game is so flawed), re-signed Pau for a year at $6m and added Shawn Marion, Farmar, Battier and Stephen Jackson (who is still good on it for some reason) for minimums. Also signed Patrick Patterson to a one year deal.

This is the 14/15 line up I have:

Farmar / Exum
Stephenson / Smart / Bazemore
Kobe / Jackson
Marion / Patterson / Battier
Gasol / Embiid

Only Stephenson, Exum, Smart and Embiid are signed on for next year with around $50m in cap space and two first round picks - Lebron James says he's testing free agency and Kevin Love is opting out. But we all know where they're going Wink

Mitch who? PHIL WHO?

See, the problem is, you're joking. These other bums aren't.

RIP Madawg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Jump to: