Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: All the hating needs to stop  (Read 1755 times)
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 11:48:19 am »

Quote from: "Mike005"
He wasn't a bad pick late in the 2nd round, but how is a guy who at best is a backup center be the best pick in the draft. He is big, slow, and a sloppy player. He won't be able to see the floor against a lot of teams because he isn't quick enough to guard anyone. They can't possibly put him out there against Howard, Bosh, or Jefferson. He might be able to give Wallace a break when they are playing Cleveland or Houston, but those kind of teams are few and far between. He was great in college, no doubt, but so was Paul Davis. So was Evan Eschmeyer. If everything works out perfectly, maybe he can be a poor man's Chris Kaman or Brendan Haywood. I'd settle for him being Joel Przybilla because that means he'll be in the league for 10 years, but that isn't a guarantee.

He was the best guy for the Bulls needs at that point. It never hurts to have a guy who maybe isn't the fastest, but who can at least take up room down low and who at least has a decent scoring ability in the post. At #49, unless you get some strange unknown steal, you aren't going to get any better than that. Just getting a player who'll make your team at that point is great.

Quote from: "Mike005"
Also, JamesOn Curry is going to make the team. He is extremely talented, is a smart ballplayer, and has a beautiful shot. I don't know if he is going to make it out of the gate as the backup PG, but he'll certainly keep the Bulls from retaining Andre Barrett.

No, he can't play and defense, and that won't fly with Skiles and Pax. On top of that, he's a steaky shooter and can't pass the ball. His ball handling isn't even very good, and he's not smart at all. I saw him play enough at Oklahoma State to see that he's not going to even be a decent player in the NBA. If he's lucky he'll be able to sit on the bench the whole year, but that's even a stretch.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
todaloop
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 12:42:52 pm »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"
Quote from: "todaloop"
Quote from: "Hoodcat"
I like the pick for noah he is the best player availble and he his trade bait, but if we keep him he would be an excellent face of the franchise, finally someone to talk to the media. Also spencer hawes would have been a nice pick i dont think he would go ova well with chicagoians, he is highly conservative; he loves George Bush http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/04/24/spencer-hawes-loves-george-w-bush/ that wouldnt fair well in chicago.

What's not to love?

Well, we could start with that mess he's gotten our country, and I could mention several friends of mine who have died in the process. The way he doesn't plan anything out ahead of time, his blatent (sp) disregard for the lower class, and the fact that the only reason he's not poor himself is because of who his daddy is.

However, he does provide some humorous moments with his slow wit and bizarre behavior.

Clamps teeth firmly on tongue and stifles the urge to respond! :roll:

This bus goes beep, beep
umfreeze
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 01:03:00 pm »

yeah forget politics, that's why i like sports - it keeps me from paying attention.

what's done is done. pax has yet to pick a complete bust in the 1st round and he at least stayed consistent saying he wanted to draft a kid who has experience winning.

so come october, providing they don't trade him - we'll be able to start disecting the noah pick and not next year but the year after we can call him a bust or not.

6pts, maybe 2 boards and @ 12min per game is all you should expect to see from him next season. next year is more about Tyrus and Sefolosha and grading Pax on those picks.    

Hinrich, Gordon, Deng and Thomas is the 1st round history he has to go on. Last i checked those guys were all suited up and playing key minutes in the playoffs last year.  

and Noah trade rumors seem a little odd when these are already being sold.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 01:23:39 pm »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"
Quote from: "Hoodcat"
I like the pick for noah he is the best player availble and he his trade bait, but if we keep him he would be an excellent face of the franchise, finally someone to talk to the media. Also spencer hawes would have been a nice pick i dont think he would go ova well with chicagoians, he is highly conservative; he loves George Bush http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/04/24/spencer-hawes-loves-george-w-bush/ that wouldnt fair well in chicago.

What's not to love?

Well, we could start with that mess he's gotten our country, and I could mention several friends of mine who have died in the process. The way he doesn't plan anything out ahead of time, his blatent (sp) disregard for the lower class, and the fact that the only reason he's not poor himself is because of who his daddy is.

However, he does provide some humorous moments with his slow wit and bizarre behavior.

Clamps teeth firmly on tongue and stifles the urge to respond! :roll:

:wink:

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 01:25:14 pm »

Quote from: "umfreeze"
yeah forget politics, that's why i like sports - it keeps me from paying attention.

what's done is done. pax has yet to pick a complete bust in the 1st round and he at least stayed consistent saying he wanted to draft a kid who has experience winning.

so come october, providing they don't trade him - we'll be able to start disecting the noah pick and not next year but the year after we can call him a bust or not.

6pts, maybe 2 boards and @ 12min per game is all you should expect to see from him next season. next year is more about Tyrus and Sefolosha and grading Pax on those picks.    

Hinrich, Gordon, Deng and Thomas is the 1st round history he has to go on. Last i checked those guys were all suited up and playing key minutes in the playoffs last year.  

and Noah trade rumors seem a little odd when these are already being sold.

Yeah, I agree, it's going to be 5-10 years before we have a good idea of how good of a pick Noah actually was, but I'm calling his downfall already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: