Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does Phil do to make the Knicks into champions?  (Read 2124 times)
iyamwutiam
Star

Respect: +5

« on: March 15, 2014, 08:05:33 am »

I could see a buy out of Amare happening to get the ball rolling.  The Knicks need to swallow some major luxury tax next year till they get rid of both Bargniani and Amare - as well as getting Melo to sign a friendly contract as Le Bron did with Miami.

I do think it is possible for Jackson to convince Carmelo Anthony and others to sign for less to get a ring and put players in the conversation of being NBA champs.  I am not sure but it looks like this was done to get Kevin Love to NY as well.  If they can get Love and Anthony on the same team and swallow major luxury tax- they will have two guys who are very hungry for championship cred.

Perhaps he may take a flyer on Bynum having known him from LA and to help Tyson Chandler out? Anyway - I think they are looking towards 2015/16 as the year they become a perennial contender.  Love+ Anthony and perhaps another piece or two can get them to atleast the playoffs and if Phil is able to sign some other pieces- with his coaching - the may finally be back in the finals.  I am not seeing Chandler as a good fit in the triangle so I don't think he will be around much - especially if they sign Love.

Anywa a difficult situation to walk into (as usual with the Knicks) but I think if anyone can convince a Love + Anthony to take less money for a ring it will be him.

The power to fit in with one’s social peers can be irresistible. To a human lemming, the logic behind
an opinion doesn’t count as much as the power and popularity behind an opinion.
knickknock
Journeyman

Respect: +31

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 08:59:07 pm »
+1

Keep the owner away from making his own player/personnel moves.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:35:42 am »

Keep the owner away from making his own player/personnel moves.

This is the main thing but it won't be easy to do but maybe The Zen Master can pull it off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: