Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thunder To Rest Russell Westbrook In Back-To-Backs To End Season  (Read 3761 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: March 15, 2014, 11:12:03 pm »

Russell Westbrook will rest in some, if not all, of the Oklahoma City Thunder's six back-to-back sets to close the final month of the season.

Westbrook is also playing with a minutes restriction.

“There’s going to be some back-to-backs he’s not going to play,” Scott Brooks said. “We definitely have a plan in place.”

Westbrook has looked increasingly stronger since his return from another knee surgery. One of the notable back-to-backs that could be affected is the April 3-4 matchup against the San Antonio Spurs and at the Houston Rockets.

“His conditioning is great,” Brooks said. “We just want to get some time, while we still can, where he can rest in between games.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232457/Thunder-To-Rest-Russell-Westbrook-In-Back-To-Backs-To-End-Season

It is a good plan I think.
knightofdreamz
Star

Respect: +32

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 10:39:12 am »
+1

I see this as a terrible idea.
I can see doing it until the last 10 games or so, but not until the end of the season.

I'd also like to note that ive seen a trend in recent games where when Westbrook is out or on the bench, Adam's gets completely ignored.
In the game against the Mavs i saw at least ten times when Adam's could have had a quick and easy low post field goal, yet i assume that because OKC has lacked a true low post option for so long, its not often seen by Jackson, Fisher, Lamb, etc. Which is a shame because i think this guy could actually be a near 20-10 by next year if they are willing to feed him more.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 12:46:38 am »

The sky is the limit for Adams for sure, I have been high on him since his pre draft combine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: