Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Livingston To Prioritize Long-Term Stability Over Less Lucrative Deals In Free A  (Read 7403 times)
Loveofthegame5
Starter

Respect: +39

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 11:54:56 am »
+1

Probably some dumb team that has no talent on the roster will offer livingston a decent deal and he'll accept which will probably lead to him being less effective. But hopefully he sees that he's in a good situation, surrounded by a lot of talent, and maybe eventually that could win out. Hopeful, I know. Especially w this guy having a major injury and knowing the importance of long-term stability. Thing is, Billy King said he's the off-season's top priority. So how's he going to pull this one off? I have skepticism but who knows what will play out. Unrelated though, I hope he looks to move Teletovic and Bogdanovic's rights in the off season.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 12:52:19 am »
+1

It would be wise of Livingston to stay.
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 05:41:09 am »

It would be wise of Livingston to stay.

Uh no.
byee
Journeyman

Respect: +92

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 07:07:41 am »
+1

It is unlikely that Livingston comes back. 

King won't sign anyone to a contract past 2016 because he wants the cap space for the Howard-Durant Sweepstakes; and I am sure Livingston will demand a contract longer than 2 years. 

Also, even without the Howard-Durant Sweepstakes, and despite how all of us are fans of Livingston, are you really willing to give him a contract longer than 2 years with his knee history?  Sure, we wish him well whether he stays with the Nets or not, but I don't know if I am comfortable giving him a long contract.

8mcnutty8
Benchwarmer

Respect: +89

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 10:36:35 am »
+1

King won't sign anyone to a contract past 2016 because he wants the cap space for the Howard-Durant Sweepstakes; and I am sure Livingston will demand a contract longer than 2 years. 

Also, even without the Howard-Durant Sweepstakes, and despite how all of us are fans of Livingston, are you really willing to give him a contract longer than 2 years with his knee history?  Sure, we wish him well whether he stays with the Nets or not, but I don't know if I am comfortable giving him a long contract.

I'd give him the MMLE for 3 years, with a player option after year one.

"When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk"-Tuco
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 02:48:40 am »
+1

Maybe he likes this situation so that he will take a two year deal.
byee
Journeyman

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 06:43:26 am »

I would just let him walk.  The league has so many capable pgs right now; and a ton of them are free agents this off season.

Bayless
Harris
Session
Blake <----huge fan of
Ridnour
Hinrich
Augustin
Brooks
Udrih

Take your pick.  Someone will take the minimum.  Also, with Lopez coming back next season, we cannot continue playing small ball.  Are we really going to overpay for Livingston to come off the bench?

Loveofthegame5
Starter

Respect: +39

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 09:29:11 am »

the nets only chance in the fight is probably jason kidd and the role he has given livingston. He shows a lot of confidence in him and has a good relationship w him. But again, if someone comes calling with a big offer, why would he turn that down? Really curious what Billy King will try to do to keep him, he's an aggressive GM so we'll see. But realistically you gotta assume he's playing himself out of BK. It's sad though because he'll be overvalued and go into a system with probably less talent around him and he'll be less effective. He's more valuable to Brooklyn than a lot of other teams especially with the way they play defensively.
8mcnutty8
Benchwarmer

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 11:03:31 am »

I would just let him walk.  The league has so many capable pgs right now; and a ton of them are free agents this off season.

Bayless
Harris
Session
Blake <----huge fan of
Ridnour
Hinrich
Augustin
Brooks
Udrih

Take your pick.  Someone will take the minimum.  Also, with Lopez coming back next season, we cannot continue playing small ball.  Are we really going to overpay for Livingston to come off the bench?

You think one of these guys can play alongside Deron? Who guards the SG?

And Shaun at SG is not 'smallball'.

byee
Journeyman

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 11:22:06 am »

You think one of these guys can play alongside Deron? Who guards the SG?

And Shaun at SG is not 'smallball'.

Alternatively, let's say he is willing to take a discount and resign with the Nets.  You want your starting 5 to be Lopez-KG-Johnson-Livingston-Williams and let Pierce walk?

OR

Resign Pierce.  Who sits? 

No thanks.  Give me the lineup of Lopez-KG-PP-Johnson-Deron instead.

I tell you the biggest need the Nets have - resigning AK.  I am pretty sure he's not going to pick up the player option.  It was really when he came back that the Nets began to do well.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 11:26:11 am »
+1

Alternatively, let's say he is willing to take a discount and resign with the Nets.  You want your starting 5 to be Lopez-KG-Johnson-Livingston-Williams and let Pierce walk?

OR

Resign Pierce.  Who sits? 

No thanks.  Give me the lineup of Lopez-KG-PP-Johnson-Deron instead.

I tell you the biggest need the Nets have - resigning AK.  I am pretty sure he's not going to pick up the player option.  It was really when he came back that the Nets began to do well.

I would bring KG off the bench, actually.  Deron-Livingston-Johnson-Pierce-Lopez.  That gives you really good spacing.

8mcnutty8
Benchwarmer

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 04:33:11 pm »

Alternatively, let's say he is willing to take a discount and resign with the Nets.  You want your starting 5 to be Lopez-KG-Johnson-Livingston-Williams and let Pierce walk?

OR

Resign Pierce.  Who sits?  

No thanks.  Give me the lineup of Lopez-KG-PP-Johnson-Deron instead.

I tell you the biggest need the Nets have - resigning AK.  I am pretty sure he's not going to pick up the player option.  It was really when he came back that the Nets began to do well.

I'm not crazy about re-signing Pierce, but Proky will probably give Paul twice what he's worth for two years.

And let's not forget PP & KG will be a year older next season, and KG was having trouble defending the PF spot THIS season, and PP having trouble guarding the SF spot. Paul was also having trouble SCORING at the SF spot.

And I'm almost hoping AK doesn't pick up his player option.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:38:02 am by 8mcnutty8 » Logged

8mcnutty8
Benchwarmer

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 04:36:18 pm »

I would bring KG off the bench, actually.  Deron-Livingston-Johnson-Pierce-Lopez.  That gives you really good spacing.

It's a good theory, if Lopez can learn to pass out of the post quickly.

byee
Journeyman

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2014, 10:28:11 pm »

There is no way in hell I can deal with a Lopez-Pierce front court for a whole season.  No rebounding.  No post defense.  I would go insane.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 10:42:12 pm »
+1

There is no way in hell I can deal with a Lopez-Pierce front court for a whole season.  No rebounding.  No post defense.  I would go insane.

The rebounding is not a peoblem.  It is not like Pierce-KG have been tearing it up in the rebounding department, and they havebstill played just fine.  post defense might be a problem, but it is better than playing KG-Lopez, which was just horrifically bad.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Jump to: