Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lakers Leaning Toward Retaining Mike D'Antoni For 14-15  (Read 9238 times)
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 05:03:00 am »

He may have some success in a less pressure situation. I just think the bright lights of Staples were too much for him.

Or an awful roster.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 07:34:44 am »

neither of which is why they let him go

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 09:21:44 am »

neither of which is why they let him go

No one is saying it is, so you can stop pointing that out.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 11:27:48 am »
+1

No one is saying it is, so you can stop pointing that out.

plenty of people are saying things of that nature and more.

regardless..i could stop pointing that out, but i have LAL's future on the brain right now and D'antoni not being a part of it makes it so much better.  U Mad?

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 12:22:32 pm »
+1

Anyone with half a brain is not celebrating.

that's inaccurate.

Fair enough.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 02:12:25 am »

that's inaccurate.

UCONN trying to double up that pay on Ollie before the Lakers come calling.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 05:21:03 am »
+1

UCONN trying to double up that pay on Ollie before the Lakers come calling.

no surprise.  i'd be shocked if they didn't

Fair enough.
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 05:21:09 am »

I'm quite surprised by this, somewhat. I was expecting him and the Lakers to give it at least one more year, because despite the popular opinion he's not a bad coach at all. News was going around that he really wanted LA to pick up his option for 2016 and they weren't willing to do that, understandably so. So I'm willing to bet that's why he decided to leave, although he sounded pretty defeatist during the exit interviews ... Kobe didn't show up for his, didn't even let them know, so in a way he probably knew he'd lost the team too.

I actually think he did a decent job over the last two years, people always forget how much he turned the Lakers around in the second half of his first season, and despite some injuries and other circumstances. And this season was just awful, from a roster standpoint and injuries. I'm not even sure Greg Popovich could get that team to the playoffs.

But it's probably for the best, LA is crying out for a new era and if they're going to go with a new guy this year then he at least has the season to adjust before the 2015 free agency, and all that.
I was going to say I don't want Ollie as coach, mainly because I don't think he's experienced enough ... but part of me also likes the idea of Derek Fisher taking over. He was always the top pick to be a future coach in those pre-season polls.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 06:33:27 am »

people always forget how much he turned the Lakers around in the second half of his first season

you mean when Kobe said " to hell with an offense that doesn't feature post ups..i'm taking over " and went on to be our playmaker from the post, basically moving Nash to SG?  i don't think D'antoni had much to do with that, other than just getting out of the way

But it's probably for the best

definitely for the best.  can't expect a Kevin Love to be interested in playing for a coach that doesn't believe in featuring a post-centric offense.  Lakers were fine with allowing him 1 more year and then he had to go for the good of the Love chase.

Fair enough.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 11:22:36 pm »

no surprise.  i'd be shocked if they didn't

I am telling you it may not happen but a dark horse should be Clifford from Charlotte he did a Great job this season.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2014, 07:45:33 am »
+1

I am telling you it may not happen but a dark horse should be Clifford from Charlotte he did a Great job this season.

Clifford is safe.  Lakers are looking to make a name brand splash and have the money to do it.

i'll tell you who needs to be looking over their shoulder...Chicago.  Kobe has a relationship with Thibs..Thibs along with John Lucas were Kobe's main pre-draft workout coaches in Philly 20 years ago.  i could see LAL throwing a crazy amount of money @ Thibs if the Bulls allow the two to talk.

Fair enough.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2014, 11:40:49 pm »

Clifford is safe.  Lakers are looking to make a name brand splash and have the money to do it.

i'll tell you who needs to be looking over their shoulder...Chicago.  Kobe has a relationship with Thibs..Thibs along with John Lucas were Kobe's main pre-draft workout coaches in Philly 20 years ago.  i could see LAL throwing a crazy amount of money @ Thibs if the Bulls allow the two to talk.

I wonder how Thibs would effect Melo? He is really a fan of Thibs.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 12:58:01 am »
+1

I wonder how Thibs would effect Melo? He is really a fan of Thibs.

is he?  most likely Melo would have to let go of that dream if Thibs joined LAL.  they'd be giving up on Love if they went after Melo and i can't see that.  Love is 25 and Melo will be 30 in a couple weeks.

not counting the new coach and lotto pick (whatever they decide to do with it)..i think Eric Bledsoe will be the biggest catch for LAL this summer.  i think Melo will probably land in CHI regardless of coach

Fair enough.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 11:32:33 pm »
+1

is he?  most likely Melo would have to let go of that dream if Thibs joined LAL.  they'd be giving up on Love if they went after Melo and i can't see that.  Love is 25 and Melo will be 30 in a couple weeks.

not counting the new coach and lotto pick (whatever they decide to do with it)..i think Eric Bledsoe will be the biggest catch for LAL this summer.  i think Melo will probably land in CHI regardless of coach

Bledsoe and Kobe would be a nice duo.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 06:53:20 am »
+1

Bledsoe and Kobe would be a nice duo.

true indeed.  i mean i'm hoping for something bigger and better like " Westbrook/Kobe ", but i have my doubts when it comes to OKC's willingness to send Westbrook to LAL. 

gotta wonder how many real suitors would step up and try to trade for Westbrook if they put him on the trade block tho..he's not the easiest player to play with or integrate into a system.  there's always been speculation about a Westbrook for Rondo swap, but Westbrook wouldn't seem like the right fit in Boston...Rondo, on the other hand, would probably be perfect for OKC.  that being said, OKC only has 2 guys that they can go to right now offensively..Rondo for Westbrook might put too much pressure on KD to carry the load scoring-wise.

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: