Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lakers Leaning Toward Retaining Mike D'Antoni For 14-15  (Read 9259 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 12:44:41 am »

Kobe and Westbrook would be gnarly. KD showed Westy love in his MVP speech but you could tell Westbrook would have rather won it.
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 05:16:56 am »

Mitch Kupchak doing his best Kemba impression the other day, did you see?
'We're looking at an experienced coach ... but it's not necessary. We hope to hire someone in the next few weeks ... but perhaps not. We won't request to interview someone already employed ... but you never know.' Paraphrasing, but oh, that Mitch.

I'm becoming slightly worried at all of the rumors, not one coach, other than Thibs, that has been mentioned is making me any more than nervous.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 07:25:51 am »

I'm becoming slightly worried at all of the rumors, not one coach, other than Thibs, that has been mentioned is making me any more than nervous.

i'm not.  Lakers are rebuilding.  unless they hit homeruns in free agency over the next 2 years, it's likely that this newly hired coach will be fired before the rebuild is completely finished.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 12:28:22 pm »

i'm not.  Lakers are rebuilding.  unless they hit homeruns in free agency over the next 2 years, it's likely that this newly hired coach will be fired before the rebuild is completely finished.

Interesting. Didn't think of it that way, but still if long term is on the cards then a long term coach is surely a wise decision too. But still, approaching that mindset I might be okay with Byron Scott, he is respected by Kobe, mentored him in his second stint in LA, so he might just keep him in check for a while ... maybe.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 02:14:56 pm »

Interesting. Didn't think of it that way, but still if long term is on the cards then a long term coach is surely a wise decision too. But still, approaching that mindset I might be okay with Byron Scott, he is respected by Kobe, mentored him in his second stint in LA, so he might just keep him in check for a while ... maybe.

yea, maybe.  but i do think Byron is going to be the choice.  just the way he was talking about both his interview and Kobe on the radio the other day..he sounded pretty sure without saying it.  i'd like for their to be a long term solution, but the roster is just so up in the air right now that i can't say for sure.  things may look different in a little over year tho and that's what we're hoping..probably what we should expect as well.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: