Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Kemba's Lakers News Posts Thread - AKA The Real GM News wire.  (Read 10359 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: April 08, 2014, 07:03:36 am »

Same as in general. If you could keep it here please. I appreciate the news, but it's just re-posting RealGm snippets so it can just stay in one thread. Thanks, Kemba, I appreciate it. - Bish.

------------------------------------

The Los Angeles Lakers have denied a report from Rex Chapman that John Calipari would be the next head coach of the franchise.

Calipari has been at Kentucky since 09-10 and was previously in the NBA with the Nets.

"I spoke to (GM) Mitch (Kupchak) and he said there is no truth to it," said Black to Sam Amick of the USA Today.

"Mike (D'Antoni) is our coach and there have been no conversations that have discussed any specific names about anyone to replace him."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232826/Lakers-Deny-Rex-Chapmans-John-Calipari-Report
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:22:15 am by Stinkinbishop » Logged
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 08:04:49 pm »
+1

what's the alternative?  confirming interest? Lol that ain happening while another dude currently has the job.

i'm gonna assume you posted this because you wanna talk about Calipari..and to that i'm gonna have to pass. Lol call me when Coach K wants to coach Kyrie and Jabari in LA  Wink

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:45:38 pm »

True, Cal has failed in the league before but this would be a better situation.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 01:24:19 am »

Mitch Kupchak was non-committal on the future of Mike D'Antoni with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I'm not going to discuss Mike other than to say there is no timetable for any type of decision. So there's really nothing to share," Kupchak told The Times.

D'Antoni doesn't appear to have many supporters for his case to be retained.

The Lakers owe D'Antoni $4 million next season.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232933/Lakers-Have-No-Timetable-On-DAntoni-Decision

It will be disgusting if this guy is given another season.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 01:22:25 am »

Kobe Bryant has been cleared to resume running and shooting and will begin a six-month training program next week upon his return from a family trip to Europe.

Bryant fractured his left knee on Dec. 17, just six games after returning from a torn Achillies tendon.

Bryant left for a short family trip to France ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers' season finale against the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday.

Bryant is expected to be fully healthy by the start of next training camp in October.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232960/Kobe-Bryant-To-Intensify-Workouts-Next-Week
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 01:05:47 am »

The Los Angeles Lakers may have their highest pick in over 30 years this year, but they appear interested in trading it away.

"I think there’s a possibility," said Kupchak when asked about a trade of the pick.

The Lakers may look to accelerate their rebuilding efforts around Kobe Bryant and their cap space.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233000/Kupchak-Trading-Lottery-Pick-Possibility-For-Lakers

The question is who is out there that is worth where the pick could land?
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 12:56:07 pm »
+1

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233000/Kupchak-Trading-Lottery-Pick-Possibility-For-Lakers

The question is who is out there that is worth where the pick could land?

tough question to answer without knowing their draft position.  however, they'll likely only be looking at recent former lotto picks that have upside and are still on their rookie contracts.  Kyrie comes to mind first and foremost because of the Kevin Love connection, but they'll probably be looking @ Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson, Drummond...talented types that are still cheap and under team control. 

Fair enough.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 03:12:26 pm »

Good thing you are not the Lakers' GM.  A team has a bad season, because of an insanely low level of talent, and you throw a decent coach under the bus.  I guess the Celtics should fire Brad Stevens, as well.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 12:16:18 am »

tough question to answer without knowing their draft position.  however, they'll likely only be looking at recent former lotto picks that have upside and are still on their rookie contracts.  Kyrie comes to mind first and foremost because of the Kevin Love connection, but they'll probably be looking @ Harrison Barnes, Klay Thompson, Drummond...talented types that are still cheap and under team control. 

Kyrie would be sick on the Lakers but if people think he is overrated now haven't seen anything yet than if this were to happen.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 10:47:20 am »
+1

Kyrie would be sick on the Lakers but if people think he is overrated now haven't seen anything yet than if this were to happen.

he'd get his share of hype fasho, but it wouldn't be Love-level hype with LAL.  however, both would be flyin below the Kobe hype

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 12:32:12 pm »
+1

with this new 5M increase to the league's cap LAL has a little more flexibility now as well, so going bigger than a Kyrie/Barnes isn't out of the question.  it'd be a perfect fit cap wise both next year and in 2016 if OKC wanted to move on from Westbrook this summer and wanted a top pick in return for him.  maybe OKC would wanna pair Durant with Jabari Parker and let Reggie Jackson take over as their starter @ PG?

16.8M a piece for Westbrook and Love, along with Kobe @ 25M on LAL's cap in 2016.  so the number for just those 3 contracts will be 58.6M..meaning a perfect fit for the 9 minimum cap holds @ 4.6M..also takes into account the renounced MLE hold.  done and done.  wouldn't shock me if that were one of the scenarios discussed.  obviously gotta get in position to get a Parker in the draft tho..winning those games at the end of the season didn't help the cause.  but yeh, basically put Parker on the trade block on draft day and try to land some talented backcourt help..the LAL FO is obviously correct in taking that into consideration.

Fair enough.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 11:14:48 pm »

Mitch is going to get it done.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 07:22:11 am »
+1

Mitch is going to get it done.

of course he's shown the ability to pull it off, but i wouldn't be so sure of it..they have to have willing trade partners.  

what i hope is that they don't trade the pick for Kevin Love..that'd be a waste.  they should only trade it for a talented player that won't be an unrestricted free agent after next season

Fair enough.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 11:13:23 pm »

of course he's shown the ability to pull it off, but i wouldn't be so sure of it..they have to have willing trade partners.  

what i hope is that they don't trade the pick for Kevin Love..that'd be a waste.  they should only trade it for a talented player that won't be an unrestricted free agent after next season

and get Love in FA?
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 06:28:42 am »

and get Love in FA?

wait, seriously?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: