Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Melo "Sounds Like He's Done in New York"  (Read 16173 times)
Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

I troll so hard that *** cray

Respect: +917

« on: April 17, 2014, 07:10:39 pm »
+3

@IanBegley
Carmelo: "I want to come back. I also want to win." #Knicks
3:13 AM - 18 Apr 2014

@IanBegley
Carmelo: "I'm not at the point in my career where I want to rebuild." #Knicks
3:21 AM - 18 Apr 2014

@StevePopper
Melo said he's financially stable - "At this point in my career it’s about winning. Nothing else even matters."
3:34 AM - 18 Apr 2014

The Knicks' cap sheet is totally larded up with massive dollars committed to Amar'e Stoudemire, Andrea Bargnani, Tyson Chandler and J.R. Smith. The Knicks don't have a 2014 first-round pick to package and free up any space, and won't be able to trade their 2015 pick due to future obligations and league rules. New York can ignore the cap in order to sign Anthony to an extension. But the only other major moves will come from swapping those high-salary, low-value players and other bit contributors for whatever they can attract in the trade market. Which is likely to be quite little.

And those players all had a major hand in a 37-45 season. The Knicks aren't a move away from contending again. They look to be in severe need of a major overhaul, which in the NBA takes a couple of years.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:56:38 pm »
+4

"I want to come back"

SOUNDS LIKE HE'S DONE

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
skywalker33
Star

Respect: +311

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 08:33:43 pm »

Chandler is saying the same thing about rebuilding, all Phil has to offer is ANOTHER losing season next year....LOL

So who thinks Melo want to be out of the playoffs for two years in a row ?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:58:49 pm by skywalker33 » Logged

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:14:22 pm »
+1

That's obviously not true.  There are some pretty easy things the Knicks can do to improve the team which idiots can't see because...well, they're idiots.

The easiest thing is to stop playing Bargnani. The Knicks won 55% of their games without Bargnani in the lineup, and that's with Chandler missing 27 games, Stoudemire missing 17, Felton missing 17, Martin missing 50 and Prigioni missing 16. It's reasonable to assume that not playing Bargnani and a little luck in the injury department alone is enough to get the Knicks comfortably back into the playoffs again.

The Knicks still have the core of a team that won 54 games and it shows when you look at how those holdovers performed together. Most lineup combinations of Chandler/Amare/Melo/Smith/Felton/Prigioni/Shumpert range from average to elite, the major problem was that injuries prevented those players from playing together every game and they saw a dramatic shift in the other direction when Bargnani or Hardaway were in the game.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Oliver
Star

peace coming from the far east

Respect: +376

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 09:25:28 pm »

Yeah I think it's quite easy to see that injuries were the problem this year. A healthy team is easily a playoff team, possibly top 4. If everyone is healthy next year and Bargs is benched, then they're back in it.

Just curious duck, was Hardaway a negative for this team?

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 09:29:31 pm »

Yeah, he really was. A lot of it is just making rookie mistakes like not making the extra pass, missing rotations, losing your man in transition, etc. He's got a lot of promise and figures to be a solid 3 and D guy at worst but he just doesn't have a great grasp of the game yet.

skywalker33
Star

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 09:38:07 pm »

That's obviously not true.  There are some pretty easy things the Knicks can do to improve the team which idiots can't see because...well, they're idiots.

The easiest thing is to stop playing Bargnani. The Knicks won 55% of their games without Bargnani in the lineup, and that's with Chandler missing 27 games, Stoudemire missing 17, Felton missing 17, Martin missing 50 and Prigioni missing 16. It's reasonable to assume that not playing Bargnani and a little luck in the injury department alone is enough to get the Knicks comfortably back into the playoffs again.

The Knicks still have the core of a team that won 54 games and it shows when you look at how those holdovers performed together. Most lineup combinations of Chandler/Amare/Melo/Smith/Felton/Prigioni/Shumpert range from average to elite, the major problem was that injuries prevented those players from playing together every game and they saw a dramatic shift in the other direction when Bargnani or Hardaway were in the game.

These must be the same guys who traded a 2016 1st and 2 2nds for the guy you want to pay $12M to sit on the bench, right ?

"i don't always post in the General NBA section, but when i do, i post something stupid"
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 09:41:17 pm »

No, all of those people have been fired.

Want to continue to embarrass yourself with terrible out of date jokes?

skywalker33
Star

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 09:44:10 pm »

No, all of those people have been fired.

Want to continue to embarrass yourself with terrible out of date jokes?

What ??  Dolan has sold the team Huh  You think he didn't sign off on that one ?? I'd bet he had a hand in that trade......  or are you to STUPID to know that ??

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 09:53:28 pm »
+2

So that's a "yes" to continuing to embarrass yourself.

Signing off on a trade after the GM completes it =/= completing the trade

Or are you "to STUPID"[sic] to know that?

Also, even though it was kind of all over basketball news for a while I'm not surprised that you seem to have missed Dolan making a very public spectacle of the fact that he was not going to be involved in the Knicks everyday affairs moving forward as part of the agreement to bring Phil Jackson on board, much like he did with the Rangers around 10 years ago.

Sean David
a.k.a. ImSTILLa_StarBeeotch
Star

"North North, Put Ya Thumbs Up"

Respect: +674

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:53 pm »

A few tweaks and the Knicks can be right back in the playoffs next season. The salary situation is really bad for them, but they still have enough to be a top 8 team in the East if they can stay healthy.

skywalker33
Star

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 10:01:42 pm »

So that's a "yes" to continuing to embarrass yourself.

Signing off on a trade after the GM completes it =/= completing the trade

Or are you "to STUPID"[sic] to know that?

Also, even though it was kind of all over basketball news for a while I'm not surprised that you seem to have missed Dolan making a very public spectacle of the fact that he was not going to be involved in the Knicks everyday affairs moving forward as part of the agreement to bring Phil Jackson on board, much like he did with the Rangers around 10 years ago.

I've heard those kinda "promises" before...leopards don't change their spots very often, do they.  By the same token though, Melo does say "winning is more important than money right now", can't say I buy that one either !

Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

Respect: +2013

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 10:06:11 pm »

@IanBegley
Carmelo: "I want to come back. I also want to win." #Knicks
3:13 AM - 18 Apr 2014

@IanBegley
Carmelo: "I'm not at the point in my career where I want to rebuild." #Knicks
3:21 AM - 18 Apr 2014

@StevePopper
Melo said he's financially stable - "At this point in my career it’s about winning. Nothing else even matters."
3:34 AM - 18 Apr 2014

you're fucking stupid. thats my contribution to this thread

SIP madawg
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 10:08:04 pm »

I've heard those kinda "promises" before...leopards don't change their spots very often, do they.  

Right, we've heard the same thing from Dolan himself before and he did it. Since then the Rangers have made the playoffs in all but one season(when they missed by 1 point), won 5 playoff series and tonight they took an early lead in this years first round series.

This is one of those times where it's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about and should just shut up.

Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

Respect: +2013

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 10:32:51 pm »

Yeah, he really was. A lot of it is just making rookie mistakes like not making the extra pass, missing rotations, losing your man in transition, etc. He's got a lot of promise and figures to be a solid 3 and D guy at worst but he just doesn't have a great grasp of the game yet.

whereas all of that is true, he played well in spite of his mistakes. remember he was drafted in the 20's, he was a pleasant surprise and i expect him to get better in the off-season

This is one of those times where it's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about and should just shut up.

one of those times? anytime homie opens his trap about anything to do with New York he doesn't know what he is talking about

SIP madawg
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up

Jump to: