Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Melo "Sounds Like He's Done in New York"  (Read 16192 times)
Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

Respect: +8

« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2014, 05:29:42 am »

lol

"Let me compare this worst case scenario for the Knicks with this best case scenario for the Bulls"
There's no better scenario for the Knicks. The worst scenario is they continue to mess around like they usually do, try to go in win-now mode with what they have, trade the couple of valuable young players they have in order to get a new overpaid star to pair with Melo, and *** their (already tiny) chance to win even in the medium term. And still, the realistic scenario in Chicago is so better than the best scenario for Knicks I don't understand how you could argue (except for being a homer, but still...)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:11:13 am by Gregor_fucka » Logged
Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

Respect: +2013

« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2014, 09:18:54 am »

i gotta agree with duck here for the most part. everything that he has said is actually true - so if posters want to equate the "truth" to homerism, then so be it. only thing he says that i don't fully agree with but can understand is when he says Hardaway JR was a negative for the team. also, Dallas? Melo doesn't have the kind of personality to deal with Cuban imo. some of you totally overlook the fact that with a few tweaks we can be a top 4 East team next season. Phil will do something, maybe not a rabbit out of a hat but he will do something. a new coach, system and a few new guys in, we'd be right back in it. you have to know there is NO WAY Phil will have Bargnani out there going "Air Bargnani," changes will be made for the better, believe that

SIP madawg
Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2014, 10:22:53 am »
+2

i gotta agree with duck here for the most part. everything that he has said is actually true - so if posters want to equate the "truth" to homerism, then so be it. only thing he says that i don't fully agree with but can understand is when he says Hardaway JR was a negative for the team. also, Dallas? Melo doesn't have the kind of personality to deal with Cuban imo. some of you totally overlook the fact that with a few tweaks we can be a top 4 East team next season. Phil will do something, maybe not a rabbit out of a hat but he will do something. a new coach, system and a few new guys in, we'd be right back in it. you have to know there is NO WAY Phil will have Bargnani out there going "Air Bargnani," changes will be made for the better, believe that
Of course you do. You're a Knicks fan  Cheesy

Jokes aside, the point is always the same: is there any way for this Knicks to get anywhere near to being a contender in less than 3 years (and I'm still being REALLY optimistic)? NO. Is there for the Bulls (and other teams which could be interested in Melo, and have a chance to get him)? YES. Is Melo a 30 years old superstar who hasn't won anything in his NBA career? YES. Can he opt out? YES.
So, basically, if it comes to winning, Melo can't possibly accept to stay in NY. Then again, I understand there are other considerations (the city, the salary, the market, whatever), and if your point was one of those on principle I could agree there are chances (btw, I think a lot of chances) he will stay in NY. Only it's not about chances for titles...
Beetothezee
MVP

« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2014, 12:19:07 pm »

if you keep repeating what you're saying, it will miraculously make it a reality. continue fighting the good fight, fucka

SIP madawg
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2014, 12:21:31 pm »

There's no better scenario for the Knicks. The worst scenario is they continue to mess around like they usually do, try to go in win-now mode with what they have, trade the couple of valuable young players they have in order to get a new overpaid star to pair with Melo, and *** their (already tiny) chance to win even in the medium term. And still, the realistic scenario in Chicago is so better than the best scenario for Knicks I don't understand how you could argue (except for being a homer, but still...)

Yeah, just like the best case scenario for the Bulls is Rose continues to be a fragile little baby, the organization continues to trade away good players to cut costs and they *** with Thibodeau to the point where he gets frustrated and leaves the organization.

That's the only possible way that things can play out. There are no alternatives.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »

if you keep repeating what you're saying, it will miraculously make it a reality. continue fighting the good fight, fucka
Ok. If you say so.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2014, 12:28:08 pm »

Jokes aside, the point is always the same: is there any way for this Knicks to get anywhere near to being a contender in less than 3 years (and I'm still being REALLY optimistic)? NO.

How exactly did you come to this conclusion? Because this is the backbone of the entire post and it seems an awful lot like wishful thinking more than anything else.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2014, 12:29:46 pm »

Yeah, just like the best case scenario for the Bulls is Rose continues to be a fragile little baby, the organization continues to trade away good players to cut costs and they *** with Thibodeau to the point where he gets frustrated and leaves the organization.

That's the only possible way that things can play out. There are no alternatives.
No. The worst scenario for the Bulls next season is they still have the reigning DPOY, 2 1st round picks, a couple of young assets, one of the best coaches around, and a very nice supporting cast. More than NY will have in a couple of years, in their best case scenario.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2014, 12:32:28 pm »

No. The worst scenario for the Bulls next season is they still have the reigning DPOY, 2 1st round picks, a couple of young assets, one of the best coaches around, and a very nice supporting cast. More than NY will have in a couple of years, in their best case scenario.

NOPE. Rose is still hurt, the Bulls keep trading away good players to save money and Thibodeau gets mad and leaves. No other possibilities.

Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2014, 12:33:59 pm »

How exactly did you come to this conclusion? Because this is the backbone of the entire post and it seems an awful lot like wishful thinking more than anything else.
Really? I don't give a flying *** about NY (and CHI as well, for that matter), so no wishful thinking. But thinking that a team which is really bad, with no flexibility whatsoever and no picks could be a contender next year is utterly stupid, as it is thinking that a team which will rebuild from scratch the following year will win at the first attempt. So, BEST CASE SCENARIO, NY will be a serious contender in 3 years. And Melo will be 32-33 by then.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2014, 12:36:18 pm »

Really? I don't give a flying *** about NY (and CHI as well, for that matter), so no wishful thinking. But thinking that a team which is really bad, with no flexibility whatsoever and no picks could be a contender next year is utterly stupid, as it is thinking that a team which will rebuild from scratch the following year will win at the first attempt. So, BEST CASE SCENARIO, NY will be a serious contender in 3 years. And Melo will be 32-33 by then.

Okay, but you're not explaining how you're coming to this conclusion. How do you know all of this?

Beetothezee
MVP

« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2014, 12:36:56 pm »

Really? I don't give a flying *** about NY (and CHI as well, for that matter), so no wishful thinking.

no wishful thinking? cool, thanks for admitting that you're talking bullshit

SIP madawg
Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2014, 12:38:14 pm »

NOPE. Rose is still hurt, the Bulls keep trading away good players to save money and Thibodeau gets mad and leaves. No other possibilities.
Oooook. Bulls don't need to save money next year, Thibs didn't show any sign of impatience and you're posting the stupidest things I ever read on the internet since I found a website about how to make napalm from puppies, but still, somehow you seem to be right  Roll Eyes
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2014, 12:42:10 pm »

Oooook. Bulls don't need to save money next year, Thibs didn't show any sign of impatience and you're posting the stupidest things I ever read on the internet since I found a website about how to make napalm from puppies, but still, somehow you seem to be right  Roll Eyes

It's kind of amusing that you still don't understand what is happening here.

Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2014, 12:42:49 pm »

Okay, but you're not explaining how you're coming to this conclusion. How do you know all of this?
What conclusion? That NYK have been bad this year? That they don't have cap space of picks for this offseason, and no assets either? That changing an entire roster leaves you in a position not to win for at least one year? Well, I made up the first 2 (they actually are in the playoffs, with a lot of cap space, the first 10 picks in the draft and a lot of young assets that all other teams are coveting), and the 3rd is too complicated to explain to someone who looks like he played fantasy basket at most...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up

Jump to: