Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Melo "Sounds Like He's Done in New York"  (Read 16933 times)
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2014, 12:45:22 pm »

What conclusion? That NYK have been bad this year? That they don't have cap space of picks for this offseason, and no assets either? That changing an entire roster leaves you in a position not to win for at least one year? Well, I made up the first 2 (they actually are in the playoffs, with a lot of cap space, the first 10 picks in the draft and a lot of young assets that all other teams are coveting), and the 3rd is too complicated to explain to someone who looks like he played fantasy basket at most...

Okay, but your exaggeration of their present situation doesn't really tell us anything about the future and that's what you were being asked about. So go on, make with the real explanation.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

Respect: +8

« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2014, 12:46:08 pm »

It's kind of amusing that you still don't understand what is happening here.
No, I think I got it: someone with a 13 years old ego is trying to gain some self-esteem by talking bullshit for his home team. That's ok kid.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2014, 12:50:18 pm »

No, I think I got it: someone with a 13 years old ego is trying to gain some self-esteem by talking bullshit for his home team. That's ok kid.

No, but you can feel free to try again.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »
+1

Okay, but your exaggeration of their present situation doesn't really tell us anything about the future and that's what you were being asked about. So go on, make with the real explanation.
Again: what am I exagerating? The fact they are bad? Actually, to stay out to the playoffs in the Eastern Conference this year you have to be REALLY bad. I've seen Eurobasket teams which would have gotten to the offseason in the Eastern Conference. The fact they don't have any flexibility or picks or assets to become a contender next year? I don't know, maybe you're sending them a pick or paying Stat's salary, but aside from that that's only a fact. The fact that changing an entire roster it's more or less impossible to win in the first year? Really, have you ever played organized basketball? Because if you had you wouldn't be questioning this fact. So, in the best case scenario (they don't *** around this offseason, and make all the right moves the next) they will be a contender in 3 years. And again, it's the best case scenario.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2014, 12:57:55 pm »

Again: what am I exagerating? The fact they are bad? Actually, to stay out to the playoffs in the Eastern Conference this year you have to be REALLY bad. I've seen Eurobasket teams which would have gotten to the offseason in the Eastern Conference.

Yes, that's what you are exaggerating.

The fact they don't have any flexibility or picks or assets to become a contender next year? I don't know, maybe you're sending them a pick or paying Stat's salary, but aside from that that's only a fact. The fact that changing an entire roster it's more or less impossible to win in the first year? Really, have you ever played organized basketball? Because if you had you wouldn't be questioning this fact. So, in the best case scenario (they don't *** around this offseason, and make all the right moves the next) they will be a contender in 3 years. And again, it's the best case scenario.

You just keep repeating what you want to happen but you never actually explain how you know it's what will happen.

Do you know why?

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #230 on: April 26, 2014, 01:01:00 pm »

Just to highlight how stupid all of this "there's nothing the Knicks can do" nonsense is, here is something very simple the Knicks can do: buy out Amare and Bargnani.  For most teams buying out $35 million in contracts is unthinkable but in the year the Knicks made the second round they set an NBA record for operating income and they passed the Lakers as the most valuable NBA franchise despite the Lakers record setting TV deal, so spending that money can be seen as a very smart investment.

That would leave them with around $29 million in cap space which gives them enough to sign Melo at the discount he advertised, bring in a couple more solid players for next season and still maintain cap space for one of the attractive free agents in 2015.

Gregor_fucka
Undrafted

« Reply #231 on: April 26, 2014, 01:30:45 pm »
+2

...so NYK are spending 35mln and Melo is taking a discount for the amazing chance to play with 8-9 millions worth of FAs. Wow, I can't understand why he hasn't already committed at the perspective to play alongside Greivis Vasquez and Spencer Hawes...
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #232 on: April 26, 2014, 02:23:43 pm »

lol

"The Knicks have no flexibility...oh, there's an easy way for them to get flexibility? Well then there's nothing they can do with it." Roll Eyes

See, all you're doing is forcing the most negative view possible and pretending that it's the inevitable outcome. So, once again, the inevitable future for the Bulls is selling off good players to save money, Rose never being healthy again and Thibodeau leaving because management keeps fucking with him. There are no other possible ways it can play out.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2014, 11:15:43 pm »

This Gregor guy is probably a dupe and clearly a troll.
Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

Respect: +2013

« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2014, 04:00:24 pm »
+1

This Gregor guy is probably a dupe and clearly a troll.

not only that, he's a real "fucka" lol

SIP madawg
Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

I troll so hard that *** cray

Respect: +917

« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2014, 05:18:49 pm »

Just to highlight how stupid all of this "there's nothing the Knicks can do" nonsense is, here is something very simple the Knicks can do: buy out Amare and Bargnani.  For most teams buying out $35 million in contracts is unthinkable but in the year the Knicks made the second round they set an NBA record for operating income and they passed the Lakers as the most valuable NBA franchise despite the Lakers record setting TV deal, so spending that money can be seen as a very smart investment.

That would leave them with around $29 million in cap space which gives them enough to sign Melo at the discount he advertised, bring in a couple more solid players for next season and still maintain cap space for one of the attractive free agents in 2015.

With the cap space you suppose the Knicks can get this offseason, who are the best FA's you could see them acquiring to play with Melo and Chandler? What is their best possible/realistic lineup?
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2014, 05:58:07 pm »

I can see them bringing in Sessions, Collison or Farmar to play PG and someone like Dejuan Blair, Lavoy Allen, Greg Smith or Jordan Hill regardless of their cap situation. If they have space I can see them making a run at Gasol or Ariza in addition to that.  Maybe Marion if the Mavericks decide not to bring him back.

the throg
Star

Respect: +411

« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2014, 11:04:44 pm »

dallas been stacking some chumps to move this offseason....cuban gonna go after somebody big...i dont know if melo would want to play there but there will be offerings

ya heard me
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2014, 11:19:36 pm »

dallas been stacking some chumps to move this offseason....cuban gonna go after somebody big...i dont know if melo would want to play there but there will be offerings

Chumps?  Really?  Those chumps have tied up the series against the WCC Spurs.  They have definitely kept an eye on the salary cap, but I challenge the characterization of "chumps."

Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

I troll so hard that *** cray

Respect: +917

« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2014, 11:22:09 pm »

Chumps?  Really?  Those chumps have tied up the series against the WCC Spurs.  They have definitely kept an eye on the salary cap, but I challenge the characterization of "chumps."

Calderon and Harris are chumps
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up

Jump to: