Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melo "Sounds Like He's Done in New York"  (Read 16994 times)
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #270 on: April 30, 2014, 08:03:02 pm »
+1

Wow, I was trying to be polite, guess you're back to your pompous self, I guess courtesy is not a NY thing. So I did read it and I can see if the player and the team agree to an arrangement of a buyout, the team can use the Stretch provision to reduce the cap over that time period. Not sure what type of "financing" a player would agree to, this option hasn't been used often as I know, most want a lump asap.  Also, both Bar's and Stat have only one more year, not sure they would want to take a discount on the final year of their contract...but anything is possible. It would allow for a large sum of money AND allow them to go looking for their NEXT contract, but do either really have a lot of options out there better than playing in NY ?

It's funny how you always equate my lack of patience with your stupidity as a character flaw on my part and you never stop to think that maybe you should try figuring out what the *** you're talking about before you say something.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #271 on: May 01, 2014, 12:16:29 am »
+1

skywalker33 should probably be banned if we are starting that trend.
Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

Respect: +2013

« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2014, 04:36:19 pm »
+1

Sam Smith: Not that I’m opposed to Anthony; I’m a fan and believe he’d be a terrific addition and has demonstrated he’ll play as much of a team game as he’s asked. He was in the conference finals when Denver had Billups and on the Olympic team he often was the best player because he could defer. I just don’t see it as realistic given the huge amount of money Anthony would have to give up, the fact his family prefers not to move and that the Knicks have bottomed out and can do much better over the next two years. But the Bulls will certainly be among several teams talking with Anthony this summer and you never say never in sports. My sense is the Bulls are more likely to survey the market and see who comes available and be ready to move rather than being locked into anyone as they were in 2010 with LeBron

SIP madawg
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #273 on: May 10, 2014, 12:20:13 am »
+1

Melo seems like a smart man and I think he will take that money in NY.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up

Jump to: