NETS IN 6 - 0 (0%)
NETS IN 7 - 0 (0%)
RAPS IN 4 - 1 (33.3%)
RAPS IN 5 - 0 (0%)
RAPS IN 6 - 1 (33.3%)
RAPS IN 7 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ROUND 1: NETS VS. RAPTORS  (Read 9054 times)
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« on: April 18, 2014, 02:46:29 am »
+1

THIS GUN BE A GOOD SERIES

THE RAPTORS AND NETS MEET AGAIN AS 3 VS. 6 SEEDS

I GOT THE NETS IN 7

LET'S GO HEAT.
8mcnutty8
Benchwarmer

Respect: +89

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:20:20 pm »
+1

Because I'm a Net fan, I'm going with Nets in 6.

However, would have preferred to met the Bulls in the 1st rd

"When you got to shoot, shoot, don't talk"-Tuco
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 11:15:12 pm »
+1

I think it is safe to say it is going 7.
8mcnutty8
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 04:47:51 pm »

That's one for the Nets, **** Masai.

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 05:16:34 pm »
+1

That's one for the Nets, **** Masai.

Yeeah, I know it's tough to swallow knowing we have the best GM in the NBA while you're stuck with Billy King. I mean, the only way your team made the playoffs was because of your owner's deep pockets and not because of the actual work your GM put in.

Nets a bunch of bums tanking to face the Raptors. Really hoping we beat you guys more than I did in 2007 just so I can laugh at your pathetic franchise for thinking it can buy itself a championship and end up losing a first round match up where mostly everyone has predicted them to win.

See you on Tuesday, hopefully your star PG doesn't flop all over the place and the refs don't shaft us, again.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
byee
Journeyman

Respect: +92

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 08:07:57 pm »

Yeeah, I know it's tough to swallow knowing we have the best GM in the NBA while you're stuck with Billy King. I mean, the only way your team made the playoffs was because of your owner's deep pockets and not because of the actual work your GM put in.

Nets a bunch of bums tanking to face the Raptors. Really hoping we beat you guys more than I did in 2007 just so I can laugh at your pathetic franchise for thinking it can buy itself a championship and end up losing a first round match up where mostly everyone has predicted them to win.

See you on Tuesday, hopefully your star PG doesn't flop all over the place and the refs don't shaft us, again.

Lol.  Holy ***.  I have always been a fan of yours Mo, but damn those are some strong words.  Lol.

In any case, I will be the first to admit that King is not a good GM, but Ujiri is sooo overrated. 

I also had the Nets in 6 before the series started, but I really like what I saw in the Raptors today so I say the Nets in 5 now.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 12:56:16 am »
+1

Congrats to the Nets!

That Toronto crowd was insane and good for basketball.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 08:27:45 am »
+1

Lol.  Holy ***.  I have always been a fan of yours Mo, but damn those are some strong words.  Lol.

In any case, I will be the first to admit that King is not a good GM, but Ujiri is sooo overrated.  

I also had the Nets in 6 before the series started, but I really like what I saw in the Raptors today so I say the Nets in 5 now.

It's playoff basketball against a fellow Atlantic division team....Things are bound to get heated.

While Nets fans don't have a strong hatred towards the Raptors...

as a Raptor fan, I hate the Nets, a lot. Way before the move to BKN.

Both fan bases are crazy, I expect game 3 and 4 to be just as hostile of an atmosphere tbh. Brooklyn fans don't play around.

Gonna be a good series. It's been a nice rivalry all season long. Close games, words exchanged between players (Ross and Blatche), and Pierce and KG being in the Atlantic for so long makes me hate them more than usual.

D-Will playing like I know he is always capable of playing, I never understood why people kept saying this guy fell off. he's always been a top 10 PG in the NBA, and still is. He's healthy and good to go. Love the Lowry-Williams matchup.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 08:33:05 am by MoGrady » Logged

8mcnutty8
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 11:04:50 am »

Billy King sucks.

HOWEVER, Nets up, 1 game to none over Raptors.

byee
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 09:28:15 pm »

It's playoff basketball against a fellow Atlantic division team....Things are bound to get heated.

While Nets fans don't have a strong hatred towards the Raptors...

as a Raptor fan, I hate the Nets, a lot. Way before the move to BKN.

Both fan bases are crazy, I expect game 3 and 4 to be just as hostile of an atmosphere tbh. Brooklyn fans don't play around.

Gonna be a good series. It's been a nice rivalry all season long. Close games, words exchanged between players (Ross and Blatche), and Pierce and KG being in the Atlantic for so long makes me hate them more than usual.

D-Will playing like I know he is always capable of playing, I never understood why people kept saying this guy fell off. he's always been a top 10 PG in the NBA, and still is. He's healthy and good to go. Love the Lowry-Williams matchup.

+1 for sure with the Lowry-Williams battle.  Not going to lie, I don't know who's better of the two.

In regards to the "hate" - it all goes back to back to the Carter trade.  But seriously, why the hate for the Nets?  What would you have done if you were in our shoes, say no?  It's not our fault the Raptors GM at the time was retarded.

In any case, sit back and enjoy the slugfest.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 12:41:25 am »

Either Toronto will win Game 2 or the Nets will take a 2-0 lead.
8mcnutty8
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 12:01:58 pm »

In regards to the "hate" - it all goes back to back to the Carter trade.  But seriously, why the hate for the Nets?  What would you have done if you were in our shoes, say no?  It's not our fault the Raptors GM at the time was retarded.

Toronto had to trade Carter, and took the best deal they could get.

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 01:08:29 pm »

+1 for sure with the Lowry-Williams battle.  Not going to lie, I don't know who's better of the two.

In any case, sit back and enjoy the slugfest.

Lowry playing better this season but I don't know if I can take him over D-Will...I'm a fan of D-Will (flopping jokes aside) and people mention his decline with all the ankle issues but when this guy is healthy and good to go it's hard to take many PGs over him.

The 2007 playoff series plays a part in the hatred for the Nets. The year following that was the last year we made the playoffs until now so you know the Fans want to finally get that series win (13 years since last playoff series win) over you guys.

Nets tanking to face the Raptors will naturally rub fans the wrong way too.

I mean, do you seriously like other teams in your division? lol

8mcnutty8
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 07:05:14 pm »

Lowry playing better this season but I don't know if I can take him over D-Will...I'm a fan of D-Will (flopping jokes aside) and people mention his decline with all the ankle issues but when this guy is healthy and good to go it's hard to take many PGs over him.

The 2007 playoff series plays a part in the hatred for the Nets. The year following that was the last year we made the playoffs until now so you know the Fans want to finally get that series win (13 years since last playoff series win) over you guys.

Tanking??? Seriously, do you know ANYTHING about NBA basketball?

byee
Journeyman

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 09:15:07 pm »

Lowry and Williams is such a close call.  Lowry's game is on the raise and Williams is starting on a decline.  Any given night, Lowry can easily outplay him. 

I don't know about to tell you about the Nets-Raptors "rivalry."  You hate us because we beat you guys in 2007?  By that logic, you must really hate Iverson because of the clash of Raptors-76ers in 2004?

But I see what you mean about not liking the other teams in the same division.  Believe it or not, I generally root for teams in our division more times than not.  I was a big Raptors fan when they had VC - then again, Toronto wasn't in our division yet.  I typically want the 76ers to do well.  I have respect for the Celtics.

Not going to lie though, I like watch the Raptors struggle - but that only in hopes of cselby having an earlier stroke. 

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: