Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frank Vogel 'Coaching For His Job' In Playoffs  (Read 27020 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »

Frank Vogel is "coaching for his job" despite a 56-win season, according to sources.

The Indiana Pacers began the season with a 40-11 record, but went just 16-15 during the rest of the season.

Larry Bird will ultimately make the decision about Vogel at season's end.

During the last week of the regular season, though, Bird told local ABC affiliate WRTV-6 that "I back Frank 100 percent."

Vogel received a two-year extension during the 12-13 season that keeps him under contract through 14-15.

Chris Broussard reports that the Pacers have missed the locker room presence of Brian Shaw, who often played the role of "bad cop" to keep the locker room from imploding.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233070/Frank-Vogel-Coaching-For-His-Job-In-Playoffs

So what does he have to do? Just beat the Hawks and make the second round? Make the Finals or what? It is tough for him but it is a tough league so maybe he pulls it together and makes it to the ECF at least.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:12:57 am »

This is a BS non-story.  There is no one available that is significantly better for the Pacers than Vogel.  Unless the team really tunes him out at some point, he is the right man for the job.  He might need some better coaching staff, especially offensively.  The loss of Brian Shaw was tough.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:39:47 am »
+1

This is a BS non-story.  There is no one available that is significantly better for the Pacers than Vogel.  Unless the team really tunes him out at some point, he is the right man for the job.  He might need some better coaching staff, especially offensively.  The loss of Brian Shaw was tough.

I disagree, someone very well could take the fall if the Pacers don't win in the first round. I could see it being him, it's easy to throw away the coach. This is more Larry Bird's fault for underestimating what Granger meant to controlling some of the roster/locker room, but he's done too much great to take too much of the blow. If you want to extend it to the floor: spacing, shooting, and Roy Hibbert are the bigger determining factors in the lack of success since the trade deadline.

That being said, the team has put faith in Vogel and could easily view this as not his fault and move forward with him next season.

RIP Madawg
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 11:36:52 pm »

Evan Turner has obviously been a horrible fit and who knows what is up with Hibbert? Well they are one step closer to a first round exit tonight and I have to think that that would be the end of the road for Vogel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: