Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lacob: Warriors 'Unequivocally' Plan To Sign Klay Thompson To Long-Term Deal  (Read 5242 times)
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:51 am »

Joe Lacob was asked about the future of Klay Thompson, who is scheduled to become a restricted free agent after next season barring a contract extension.

"We are going to re-sign Klay Thompson," said Lacob, the Golden State Warriors' co-owner. "I will say that unequivocally."

Thompson scored a career-high 18.4 points per game this season to along with career bests in field-goal shooting and three-point percentage.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233093/Lacob-Warriors-Unequivocally-Plan-To-Sign-Klay-Thompson-To-Long-Term-Deal

Besides the fact it is smart to lock up the young core players for the team I think it is a good move for Klay, I am not sure but he may be a system player and I am not sure how he would do for a slower paced offense.
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:02:00 pm »
+1

Lacob strikes me as a guy with very little patience.  I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes for a big trade that has the Dubs trading Thompson and Lee.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:46:40 pm »

Lacob strikes me as a guy with very little patience.  I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes for a big trade that has the Dubs trading Thompson and Lee.

Who do you think would be the target if that ends up being the case?
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 01:56:45 pm »
+1

Love is probably the only legit 4 they have a shot at and I am not sure what it would take.

On a lower road, I would try to try and trade for Ed Davis for some bench depth.  Crawford and a purchased pick.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:14:57 pm »

That would be sick pairing Love with Steph but I also have been high on Ed Davis for a few seasons and he would make the bench younger and better defensively.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: