Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Casey Here To Stay  (Read 15825 times)
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« on: May 05, 2014, 04:57:47 pm »
+1

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/463446161354149888

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account ‏@WojYahooNBA

Toronto has reached agreement on a three-year contract extension with coach Dwane Casey, league sources tell Yahoo Sports

Thoughts?

Soon....
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 06:00:10 pm »

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:23:46 pm »
+1

I was expecting him to be re-signed, unfortunately. But a part of me was hoping he wouldn't come back since he wasn't a Ujiri hire.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:50:50 pm »

I think he earned at least that much time with the Division title this season.
Lithuania_HD
Starter

Respect: +161

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 12:31:15 am »
+1

Everyone wants a perfection, but given coach market, i really doubt there was anyone better, on top of that, players like him, they give all they got under him, so i think that made sense to extend him. Chemistry is kinda big thing and you don't like to mess up whats going on, i think this team will get few more good pieces and will be even better, in Masai we trust!

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 12:36:54 am »

Everyone wants a perfection, but given coach market, i really doubt there was anyone better, on top of that, players like him, they give all they got under him, so i think that made sense to extend him. Chemistry is kinda big thing and you don't like to mess up whats going on, i think this team will get few more good pieces and will be even better, in Masai we trust!

Exactly, Does Casey have flaws? Yes but as much as it sucked losing in the way they did this is a process. You have to pay your dues in the NBA and changing coaches would be like being stuck in neutral if not actually going backwards in the process.
Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 04:34:56 am »

It couldn't be any different after the Results of this season, but now Ujiri needs to give him a good offensive assistent coach that can co-exist next to him

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 08:01:56 am »

It couldn't be any different after the Results of this season, but now Ujiri needs to give him a good offensive assistent coach that can co-exist next to him

Yeah, because after two seasons as an above average offensive team that is clearly the biggest problem. Roll Eyes

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 04:20:05 pm »
+1

All those Casey haters need to come out now and man up, you talked *** the last two seasons now take your lashes.

Great move be the Raptors.

BrianWilliams1
Undrafted

Respect: +13

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 05:27:21 pm »

He deserves every penny of it. plus apologies from the ppl who dogged him out when things were rough
Oscar Rafone
MVP

Respect: +452

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 02:58:56 am »

@duck: yes, offense is the biggest problem when we look at casey work
His X and Os have been pretty bad so far, and he has not been capable to make co-exist multiple talented offensive players, especially no one next with DeRozan(Ujiri had to solve him various problems in offensive balance through trades)
This season Lowry picked up the load of scoring, but he is not a close to 20ppg proven scorer, as he has the peaks of his career in both pts/36 and whatever offensive efficiency measure this season. If Lowry isn't capable to repeat himself, or Valanciunas to develop in a 20-10 machine all of a sudden, Toronto offense is going to have troubles(and the competition in East, contrarily to what you said in a thread in GD, is going to be bigger in the east in the next years)

Casey also had problems in the management of substitutions and of the bench, and an highly-touted assistent, especially offensive assistent given the little offensive talent of Toronto bench, will only help

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 06:51:21 am »

@duck: yes, offense is the biggest problem when we look at casey work

Nope. Top 10 offense this season, top 10 offense before the Rudy Gay trade last season. You can't argue with those results. You'll try to because you're stupid but you won't succeed.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 07:05:55 am »

given the little offensive talent of Toronto bench

Wait, what? How high were you when you wrote that?

Kemba2MKG
MVP

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 12:10:08 am »

All those Casey haters need to come out now and man up, you talked *** the last two seasons now take your lashes.

Great move be the Raptors.

This, I won't call any names but come on out. Wink
PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

Respect: +3

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 09:37:54 am »

Some in game decisions , still very questionable, but there's no doubt he has connected with this team and he knows how to motivate them. They play for this coach, and his ability to have Lowry change his mindset his year is the single biggest reason this team made the playoffs this year. Extension well earned, needs to work on so e xo stuff, but hopefully Ujiri can get him some help his summer too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: