Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread  (Read 19478 times)
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

Respect: +238

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 08:29:01 pm »

Considering the GM knew about the suspension weeks ago, I doubt that's in their thought process.
That was my point. Why wouldn't they take a WR?

buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

Respect: +238

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 08:32:13 pm »

Anyone see that dude kiss a guy after he was drafted!?!? WTF was up with that?

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 09:17:38 pm »
+1

That was my point. Why wouldn't they take a WR?

CLE is just tryin to build a team and they had other things to address, bro.  even though the AFC is largely asss outside of the AFC west, CLE knows they won't be making the playoffs this year, so why try to replace Gordon?  they definitely won't be cutting Gordon because of this, see; Aldon Smith/9ers.  there's a lot worse stuff Gordon could be on..hell, the league might allow players to use medical marijuana pretty soon.  nerp, they'll wait his supposed suspension out.

Gordon's done right now though..not as a productive player ( aside from his supposed suspension of course), but done smoking i mean.  because they're gonna be puttin him through the drug program and constantly on his asss all the damn time, so he's fuucked as far as gettin his chief on for now.  should've been a lil more clever about it. Lol  Gordon is from Houston tho and he has been linked to the purple stuff ala Johnny Jolly and Von Miller, so yeh..they're about to real live surveillance on his asss all-D-time

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
Perd Hapley
Starter

Respect: +951

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2014, 10:51:07 pm »
+1

Josh Gordon is definitely special..retarded that is.  put a damper on CLE's draft without question
He's an idiot since he's failed multiple drug tests in college and the pros but seriously, how medieval is the NFL for suspending a dude for an entire season for smoking weed?
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2014, 12:23:15 am »

I give the Panthers a D+ with this draft, still no RT to protect Cam. We got a corner (Bene' Benwikere in fifth round) but will he be anything other than a nickelback this season? Then we go and draft another RB? smh
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 08:07:23 am »
+1

I give the Panthers a D+ with this draft, still no RT to protect Cam. We got a corner (Bene' Benwikere in fifth round) but will he be anything other than a nickelback this season? Then we go and draft another RB? smh

handing it off to yet another RB is part of helping protect Cam tho.  and Benjamin reminds me Plax..i like that pick a lot for them.  Cam can escape with the best..he needed a big receiver that can box out lil DBs while he buys time with his feet and Cam's certainly big enough to spot big Benjamin wherever he is out there.  you're dishin out a tough grade with the D+, but those are your guys.  considering their draft position, i felt like they did OK.  Panthers have done a good job rebuilding through the draft over the last handful of years..that's the only way to do it.

HOU is who i feel for.  Clowney and Watt should be special no doubt, but i mean their 2nd round pick should've been Carr easily..just the backlash would've been too wild because of his name.  HOU ruined big bro Carr..never got the dude any protection, but Texans' fans wouldn't give a shiit about that simple truth.  they'd fly off the handle anyway.  Derek Carr was hands down the best passer in the draft, most seasoned @ reading defenses/understanding pass protections..also a really good athlete that fell just a tick behind Manziel with his 40 time.  only real knock on Carr is he needs to get comfortable under center.  he should've been a Texan with the 1st pick of the 2nd round.  as you can see HOU's not in a hurry to start a rookie, so he could've sat a year + they actually have good O-line pieces now unlike when they had his brother.  i'm happy they passed on him tho.  i appreciate'em. 

OAK gets a A grade from me..they needed some luck to do it, but they got it.  did some wheelin and dealin after the first couple picks, so they didn't just sit and get lucky throughout.  i preferred Clowney, but Mayock and plenty other draft-heads had Mack as the top guy in the draft.  he'll do, especially @ #5.  grabbed a potential franchise QB, gave the O-line some massive punch, and added like 4 CBs later in a deep draft..2 of them 6'3''.  they should be ecstatic if just one of those 6'3'' corners develops into a consistent performer.  Rams get an A+ grade..their D-line is just crazy now..so good that even after all the hoopla Michael Sam might not even make the team.  Quinn, Long, Donald, Brockers, Hayes, Langford..good luck to both Michael Sam and opposing O-lines.  plus they didn't do anything silly like " get rid of Bradford "..they've spent too much time developing dude to hit reset for Bridgewater's/Manziel's lil asses.  they just gave Bradford a lil more protection both from the O-line and RB positions.  well done is an understatement.

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2014, 09:08:10 am »
+1

Panthers got an A- here,

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/team-by-team-grades-for-the-2014-nfl-draft-1399767620-slideshow/

Fair enough.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2014, 01:54:21 pm »

So, for anyone who follows college ball, was the bottom of the 7th round approximately where Michael Sam was expected to go before he came out?  Just curious.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2014, 01:59:46 pm »

So, for anyone who follows college ball, was the bottom of the 7th round approximately where Michael Sam was expected to go before he came out?  Just curious.

" just curious " or are you ready to go on a crusade?

Fair enough.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2014, 02:17:23 pm »

So, for anyone who follows college ball, was the bottom of the 7th round approximately where Michael Sam was expected to go before he came out?  Just curious.

He was a projected late round pick, yes.

RIP Madawg
BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2014, 05:44:54 pm »

Ravens had a regular draft. I like the Campanaro pick in the 7th round. The TE and RB were some suspect picks. Hopefully Newsome has a FA Tackle up his sleeve. The Undrafted FA haul was decent and should yield at least 2 roster guys.

BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »

Hold on, regal thinks the AFC West is good?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2014, 06:34:20 pm »

Bengals had a tight draft. Denard and Hill should be able to contribute right away, I especially like Denard. McCarron is an interesting choice but maybe it will light a fire under Dalton.

Soon....
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2014, 06:38:26 pm »

Hold on, regal thinks the AFC West is good?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

no, regal knows that the AFC is largely asss outside of the AFC west.  use your vowels Lol

Fair enough.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2014, 07:19:53 pm »

no, regal knows that the AFC is largely asss outside of the AFC west.  use your vowels Lol

Did you watch the Super Bowl?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Jump to: