Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: STAN VAN GUNDY HIRED AS NEW COACH/GM OF THE PISTONS  (Read 1038 times)
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« on: May 14, 2014, 08:58:20 am »

Stan van Gundy has signed on to run the Pistons per multiple sources. My questions are what will they do with monroe? Can he get the most out of Drummond ?

Stan Van Gundy will be introduced as the Detroit Pistons' new president of basketball operations and head coach at a Thursday press conference after signing a five-year, $35 million contract late Tuesday. A team spokesman with knowledge of the negotiations confirmed this morning that Van Gundy had signed the contract. A formal announcement from the team will come later today, the official said

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2014/05/stan_van_gundy_signs_detroit_p.html
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:08:12 am by madawg49 » Logged
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:22:44 am »

I think they try to move Monroe for shooters, Van Gundy needs a bunch of them and the ones the Pistons have won't cut it.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:44:15 am »

I think they try to move Monroe for shooters, Van Gundy needs a bunch of them and the ones the Pistons have won't cut it.

Who do you think will be interested?  Utah, since Kanter has not gotten to where they thought he would be?  Denver, because McGee?  Maybe NO, since many people believe Anthony Davis should be a full-time PF?

MarcoKB24
Benchwarmer

Respect: +59

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 10:44:49 am »

There are already reports he won't resign Monroe.
https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/466609087979859968 
I don't know how reliable this source is tho. Still, no big surprise, but they should get something for him in a s&t. Shooters mainly.

In life, when things get down and don't look great, keep your mind straight and run through the tape.
MarcoKB24
Benchwarmer

Respect: +59

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 10:48:15 am »

On top of my head I was thinking to NOP for Gordon, but his contract is not that good and he doesn't have a good injury history.
Utah intrigues me too, him and Favors could be a good combo, but IIRC neither of them can hit the mid range J, am I wrong? It could be spacing problems all over again for Monroe. Then again, the Jazz have guys 1 to 3 that can hit the 3 and space the floor, so it may be different than in Detroit.

In life, when things get down and don't look great, keep your mind straight and run through the tape.
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 10:53:32 am »

detroit pistans lol oh my evryone

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 11:08:22 am »

i think they must trade Monroe for Jeff Green or Aaron afflalo

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2790

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 12:35:33 pm »

vry underated move rite here folks

Soon....
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 01:27:32 pm »

Josh Smith to Phoenix for Gerald Green and Channing Frye.

Greg Monroe + #8 to Utah for #4 (Exum, Randle, Smart).

defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 01:59:42 pm »

I don't understand why Pistons fans are so happy about a guy Shaq had to get rid of for being to panicky & among other things.

It's rumored he wants to make Otis Smith the new GM  Cheesy
defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »

Josh Smith to Phoenix for Gerald Green and Channing Frye.

Greg Monroe + #8 to Utah for #4 (Exum, Randle, Smart).

Terrible trades .

Phoenix has no need for Josh Smith never mind giving up two of their better players for him.  Frye will be an UFA once he opts out.
madawg49
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1581

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 02:26:03 pm »

I don't understand why Pistons fans are so happy about a guy Shaq had to get rid of for being to panicky & among other things.

Right, because Shaq is known for being a great decision maker and executive.  He just fell into the flawed thinking many people fall into.  The idea that a guy has not won a championship before, therefore he must not be capable of winning a championship. 

Terrible trades .

Phoenix has no need for Josh Smith never mind giving up two of their better players for him.  Frye will be an UFA once he opts out.

I disagree.  Smith would be a good fit.  He would give the team a defensive presence at PF and give them a great, mobile finisher on the fast break.

Nepeta Cataria
All-Star

I troll so hard that *** cray

Respect: +917

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 02:26:47 pm »

Monroe for Korver, maybe try and flip Kentavious for Morrow.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:01:02 pm by Nepeta Cataria » Logged
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 04:34:11 pm »

It's rumored he wants to make Otis Smith the new GM  Cheesy
I'm not too excited myself
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 05:16:00 pm »

5 year contract seems to be a bit long for him imo

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: