Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NBA Draft 20th Pick  (Read 9816 times)
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« on: May 21, 2014, 08:15:31 pm »

It might be a bit too soon, but let's start talking draft who intrigues you the most?

The two guys that really interest me is Glenn Robinson III and Elfrid Payton.

I think these two have top 10 draft pick potential in a normal draft when they play at a high level.

Cleanthony Early and Kyle Anderson are also really interesting.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:26:35 pm »

That Adreian Payne guy that Draft Express has the Raptors taking is interesting. He's athletic and he's got a good motor and a decent outside shot but he doesn't seem very polished given his age(23 years old) and he seems kind of redundant if they're keeping Patterson.

I like Stauskas but I doubt he falls that far. I like Zach Lavine as well if he's available. He's a reach but I also like Bogdan Bogdanovic, if he's available in the second round I hope they take him.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 03:31:57 pm »

That Adreian Payne guy that Draft Express has the Raptors taking is interesting. He's athletic and he's got a good motor and a decent outside shot but he doesn't seem very polished given his age(23 years old) and he seems kind of redundant if they're keeping Patterson.

I like Stauskas but I doubt he falls that far. I like Zach Lavine as well if he's available. He's a reach but I also like Bogdan Bogdanovic, if he's available in the second round I hope they take him.

I have Zach Levine going in the Top 10, that's why I didn't even mention him lol.

I saw the Adreian Payne and I think he could be an interesting fit, not sure if anyone saw this article:

http://spartanavenue.com/2014/05/22/report-adreian-payne-mononucleosis-since-janurary/

But apparently he's been pretty sick since January that's why he wasn't able to showcase everything he had to offer.

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 07:43:31 pm »

The fact that the Raptors are apparently eyeing a big man while there are Amir Johnson trade rumours is troubling. Say it ain't so, Masai.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
UDontKnowMe
Journeyman

Respect: +41

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 07:47:33 am »

Kyle Anderson
Adrien Payne
KJ McDaniels
Elfrid Payton
Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 02:52:08 pm »

The fact that the Raptors are apparently eyeing a big man while there are Amir Johnson trade rumours is troubling. Say it ain't so, Masai.

Honestly, I always felt this day was coming, whether it's something we should do or not is another questions.

@udont That's a great list, I keep thinking Elfrid Payton could be a stud quickly and he could actually play both guard positions. He would also be nice insurance if Lowry leaves (not likely)

Red_Dragon
MVP

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 11:33:44 pm »

If any of you are interested in the sort of person Adreian Payne is, I hope you watch this video:

The Journey: Big Ten Basketball 2014 - Adreian and Lacey

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 11:14:55 am »

If you want to know what kind of person Justin Blackmon is watch this video:

Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon Starts A Friendship

RIP Madawg
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 11:33:13 am »

If you want to know what kind of person Justin Blackmon is watch this video:

Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon Starts A Friendship

wtf

Soon....
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 12:20:22 pm »

wtf

Wat?

RIP Madawg
bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 10:07:43 am »

Elfrid Payton - He is a small school guy, but showed he can compete against high level competition when given the chance. Not a great outside shooter but very quick and athletic with great size for a PG. Wouldn't be shocked if he ended up going before Ennis.

KJ McDaniels - Another guy not from a power house team but he is strong defensively and is so well rounded that he led his team in scoring, rebounds, steals, blocks, and was second in assists. Granted Clemson isnt a star studded team but for any player to do that is special.

Glenn Robinson III - he had a disappointing season last year as he didn't take the step forward we were hoping for, but he is a smoothe player who is a great athlete and has a solid offensive game, and he could become a very good player.

Cleanthony Early - He was probably Wichita State's best player and although some see him as a combo forward I think he is a SF at the next level due to lack of bulk. He can shoot the ball well and is very athletic but he can be very streaky at times.

PJ Hairston - a good offensive SG who I think will be able to come in and help right away. After having to leave UNC he went to the D League where he was great and he could be a valuable offensive weapon in the NBA.

A couple bigs I like are Mitch McGary, Jarnell Stokes, and Patric Young. But all of those guys would likely be reaches at 20 and I would prefer to see us take a chance on them if they are available at 37.

I noticed people talking about Payne, who I like, but he is very similar to Patrick Patterson so I would just rather resign Patty.

The one guy who I would love to see fall to us would be either Stauskas (which is a pipe dream at best) or Tyler Ennis both guys are Canadians who could actually fit needs, and with Payton getting more attention, it may not be likely, but there is a chance we could possibly get him at 20.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: