Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LAKERS OFF-SEASON: RIGHT NOW  (Read 25538 times)
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2014, 04:20:52 pm »

the trick now is to figure out a way to have Kobe take another dive, so they get back in the lottery Lol..all the while developing Randle, continuing Hill's development ( those 2 should be monsters on the glass)..also seeing what kind of player they can eventually turn Young into in terms of his maturation..he has the talent.  not so sure that Lin is gonna start @ PG either, so maybe Marshall's development continues..see what they have in Clarkson behind Marshall.  R.Kelly looks to be in line as the first big off the bench, so there's that as well.  quite a bit of youth.  only thing i really hate is that if they were gonna young and develop guys..why not bring Bazemore back? 

i mean all of these young dudes have talent, some of them specific talents..well except for maybe Lin. Lol  only one year of him tho AND Nash also comes off the books as well, so more flexibility is around the corner.  hopefully this CHI/LAL trade goes through and they get another 1st round pick, or multiple picks to go along with the 1st rounder (and other draft considerations) that they nabbed from HOU's FAIL attempt @ signing Bosh.  if everything breaks right, they might end up with three 1st round picks in this next draft and who knows how they use those?  maybe they make the picks and keep the players or maybe they deal the picks?  just more options to play around with.

also, they've gone the route of signing a bunch ex-lotto picks, so it's kind of a trip to see them NOT try to sign an Ed Davis, but maybe they don't want a young guy that could potentially step on Randle's toes ( no pun intended )?? 

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
French-Kobe
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 04:49:24 am »

Evan Turner, Wes Johnson, Ed Davis, Dajuan Blair, Kevin Seraphin, Ekpe Udoh, Brandon Rush, Michael Beasley.. This is the list of realistic target for the Lakers: Players like that could be signed for short and small contract.

I really think a guy like Turner could be signed for 10M/2Years which is a fair price and he's willing to show more of his game after last year with the Pacers.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2014, 04:15:45 pm »

Evan Turner isn't coming anywhere near the purple and gold. I'll take Wes Johnson and Xavier Henry for wing backups.

French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2014, 11:52:14 pm »

Don't you think Evan Turner is clearly an upgrade???

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2014, 04:02:27 am »

Don't you think Evan Turner is clearly an upgrade???

Not at all. He was terrible last season.

French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2014, 04:28:51 am »

He was terrible in Indiana but the whole Pacers team struggles after the All Star break.

math71
Benchwarmer

Respect: +14

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2014, 05:50:22 am »

can't wait to see how they'll complete the line-up ...  Embarrassed
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2014, 07:12:35 am »

Randle had some nice passes from the post to the three-point line for open looks from the Lakers' shooters. Of all his baskets, the most impressive one was a reverse double-clutch layup.

"He's very difficult to guard because he's so good with the ball," Madsen said. "He has the skills of a point guard in the frame and the body size of a 6-9, 250-pound man."

raw ability with plenty of time to polish it up..just 19yrs old.  boy, did Boston do us a favor by taking Smart.  i'd like to see LAL bid on Boozer.  would be a good pro for Randle to be around, bang with for a season.  they could only bid about 1.8M for Boozer tho if they did.

and Clarkson has looked pretty good.  yea, i think the Lakers might ask Nash to play the minimum he needs to play in order to get his money and then stay home..play'em all at the start of the season and then vanish.  Marshall and Clarkson look good enough

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2014, 08:07:38 am »

but yea, even tho it wouldn't be terrible, they'll never get Boozer for a 1.8M bid..really not worth creating more room by stretching Nash either.

however, if they do decide to stretch Nash it'll be in large part because they have Marshall/Clarkson/Lin/Kobe who can run the point + the books would still basically look clear in 2016 (other than Young's deal) + the salary cap itself will likely be around 68-70M at that point and 3.23M is pretty much nothin to trip out over for 1 season. 

saying all that to say that Nash might be worth stretching for an upside pick up.  for example; an Ed Davis that could play some backup center and backup PF..possibly meshing well with Randle in the future.  stretching Nash means they'll have about 7.8M in space to spend.

Fair enough.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2014, 12:25:45 am »

No need for Boozer now. Ed Davis should get all the backup minutes at pf and c. Sacre and Kelly can pick up the scraps for 15mpg or so. We need to focus on getting wing help at this point. Keeping in mind Henry and Johnson are still in our back pocket.

If I was Mitch i'd hold on to Nash for anything other than a home run. Big tv deal or not it would be especially helpful for the Lakers to maximize with their cap space in the near future. Nothing going on for us this year anyway.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2014, 01:07:30 am »

No need for Boozer now. Ed Davis should get all the backup minutes at pf and c. Sacre and Kelly can pick up the scraps for 15mpg or so. We need to focus on getting wing help at this point. Keeping in mind Henry and Johnson are still in our back pocket.

If I was Mitch i'd hold on to Nash for anything other than a home run. Big tv deal or not it would be especially helpful for the Lakers to maximize with their cap space in the near future. Nothing going on for us this year anyway.

if some of these dudes work out they're gonna be on the cap come that time anyway and that'd be a good thing..star free agents wanna see assets on the roster.  build up the roster with young talent on the right kind of contracts and then hit the market for a star(s).  then either keep the assets or flip them for whatever else you want/need.

Fair enough.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2014, 01:30:43 am »

I don't mind locking up young guys on reasonable deals. For example I have no issues with Nick Young's deal. If nothing else we should use this next season to possibly secure similar deals with younger talent.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2014, 10:56:28 am »

now they need to get another creator on the wing..bring X.Henry back..see if he can build on last season, but shake the injuries

Hill/Davis/Sacre
Randle/Kelly
Kobe/Henry/W.Johnson
Lin/Swaggy/Beaubois
Clarkson/Marshall/(Nash there, but not really)

i have Marshall behind Clarkson..i just like Marshall running the 2nd unit with the ball in his hands more..keeping things organized when Kobe's off the court.  they'll obviously play together some, but they should be broken up as much as possible.  i'd go ahead and take a gamble on Roddy Beaubois if i were them as well.  another former 1st rounder..why not?

Fair enough.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2014, 02:00:43 pm »

I don't think Clarkson is ready to run an nba team. He's looked ok in summer league but the regular season is another story. Playing under control an commandin the veterans respect is still not quite there yet... We know Lin and Marshall can do a competent job there, and if Nash is healthy they'll most likely give him that role. I like either Lin or Young coming off the bench so we can get some production there.

Also, Roddy B has been underwhelming in the summer league.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »

I don't think Clarkson is ready to run an nba team. He's looked ok in summer league but the regular season is another story. Playing under control an commandin the veterans respect is still not quite there yet... We know Lin and Marshall can do a competent job there, and if Nash is healthy they'll most likely give him that role. I like either Lin or Young coming off the bench so we can get some production there.

Clarkson won't be running anything..we all know Kobe's basically the PG when he's on the floor.  Clarkson would just play D and shoot open shots for the most part.  right now, based on personnel, it looks like Kobe is moving to SF.  i mean they didn't buy Clarkson for nothin.

Also, Roddy B has been underwhelming in the summer league.

this Boozer pickup doesn't bode well for the roster spot i thought he'd get..or maybe R.Kelly is the odd man out.

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Jump to: