Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9th pick  (Read 18207 times)
Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 12:18:06 pm »

Rumor has it we are really high on Doug McDermott...ugh...please, someone else draft him before the Hornets do...
yeah I'm with you, I just really hope they take the athletic upside guy, bring him along slowly if need be.  So if Gordon is there and they pass I'll be pissed.  Then I like Lavine and Stauskas.

Charlotte seems to be interested in Lance now, and they do have the money to outbid Indy, if we pick up Lance then selecting McDermott makes way more sense imo.  It'd make the most sense actually unless CHA is higher on Stauskas, but all I'm reading is McDermott.  We need someone who can create off the bounce and we need wing shooting from deep = Both needs met.  Then pick up a backup pg with the portland pick = I like it.
Fitz
Journeyman

Respect: +9

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 01:40:23 pm »

I think they would consider LaVine more if they weren't in win-now mode. If they take a SG in the draft (LaVine/Stauskas/Harris) I hope they make a run at Parsons and try and pry him away from Houston. If they go backup PG with the Portland pick I feel like they take Napier for the 2011 UConn championship reunion.

I would be down for something like this:
Kemba/Napier/Neal
Stauskas/Hendo/Taylor
Parsons/MKG
McRoberts/Zeller
Al/Biz

That is a very good team now, with some upside for the future. I could see them starting a bigger lineup with MKG and Parsons on the wings and then rolling a smaller lineup off the bench with Hendo and Stauskas.
BrianWilliams1
Undrafted

Respect: +13

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 11:33:23 am »
+1

draft mcdermott and have mcbuckets and mcbob on  the same team lol..
Death2SmallBall
Star

Respect: +787

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 05:09:34 pm »

draft mcdermott and have mcbuckets and mcbob on  the same team lol..
last couple articles ive read, getting mcbob back seems to be a priority. So glad about that.

just need Gordon to slip now lol,  some mocks even have Randle falling as far as 10 lol as if wed be so lucky.
chellis
MVP

Respect: +114

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 06:28:25 pm »

last couple articles ive read, getting mcbob back seems to be a priority. So glad about that.

just need Gordon to slip now lol,  some mocks even have Randle falling as far as 10 lol as if wed be so lucky.

My thought is only draft McDermott if you aren't resigning McBob...otherwise, it's too redundant to have McD on the team.

If Randle fell to #9, you pull the trigger 10 times out of 10. I think at that point he's great value. For some reason, he really makes me think of LJ. Though his game is probably more David West, I just see a lot of LJ (though I doubt he'll be as loved...). Gordon is growing on me, I'm just nervous about him. Best case is a worst shooting Shawn Marion; worst case Derrick Williams. I'd rather take a shooter at the slot if the choices were D Will or shooter b/c let's face it...we suck at shooting.

chellis
MVP

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 08:53:03 am »

From what I've read, it sounds like Chicago is trying to trade up to get a shooter in this draft. Would you guys trade #9 for #16 and #19 in this draft? I'd be half tempted as I feel the caliber of player from 9 to 19 isn't that far off - it all depends on what you're looking for. If that type of deal went down, we could trade back and pick up an extra player in this year's draft. At 16 we could target a player like Warren, Young or Payne and at 19 we could target a player like Hairston or Payton. There we could easily pick up a shooter (Young, Hairston), a backup PG (Payton) or a stretch 4 to pair with Big Al (Payne). That still leaves us with 24 where we could draft a SF like KJ McDaniels, Kyle Anderson, Glenn Robinson or Cleanthony Early. I dunno, I'm just spit ballin here and trying to get some activity going!

tchman58
Star

Respect: +17

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 10:14:24 am »

IMO there's a clear top 8 in this years draft. If Embiid, Parker, wiggins, Exum, vonleh, Gordon, smart, Randle are the first 8 picks, I think it would be wise to trade down with the bulls. I think Charlotte could get 3 legitimate role players with 16, 19 and 24 and they would all be on cheap rookie deals. If they did that I would pick Hairston and Early with the two later picks. Both should definitely be there at 19 and 24. They would add immediate depth at the 2 and 3 and possibly even the 4 with Early. With the 16th I'd take whoever falls. Whether it be Stauskas, Harris, Saric, Payton, Lavine, Payne etc. I could see a possible 2014-15 roster like:

Walker-Neal
MKG-Hendo-Hairston
Parsons-Early-Taylor
McRoberts-Zeller-Payne
Jefferson-Biz-Payne

I would love some small ball lineups of Walker-Hairston-parsons-early-Jefferson. Would provide a ton of spacing for Jefferson downlow.
chellis
MVP

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 02:57:31 pm »

Apparently we're targeting Mitch McGary at #24...I'm not sure how I feel about this. Honestly, there's other players I'd rather target...

BuzzKiller
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 01:23:29 pm »

I like the idea of LaVine at 9 and Peiyne (can't remember if I spelled that right) at 24

Buzz Fan Since '91
BuzzKiller
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 01:26:24 pm »

Apparently we're targeting Mitch McGary at #24...I'm not sure how I feel about this. Honestly, there's other players I'd rather target...

I watched this kid play a lot last season and I don't really see his appeal.  Plus his back is wonky and he got shut down last season.  Not enough upside to the kid if hes going to just be riding a bench for half the season.

Buzz Fan Since '91
Fitz
Journeyman

Respect: +9

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 06:30:45 pm »

Man I was hoping they would get Stauskas.

Still like the pick...best available. It could mean McRoberts is out though.
defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 11:36:28 pm »

Targets (in no particular order) for #9:

Noah Vonleah (ok, this is more a wish...doubtful he falls to 9)

Well that worked out !
chellis
MVP

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 08:27:57 am »

Well that worked out !

It sure did Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: