Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Celtics - Pacers - Thunder  (Read 1842 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: July 28, 2014, 11:22:54 pm »

Just another variation of all the Rondo to the Pacers/Hibbert to the Celtics trades thats on this board already.

Celtics trade: Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green
Celtics get: Roy Hibbert and Luis Scola

Pacers trade: Hibbert and Scola
Pacers get: Rondo and Kendrick Perkins

Thunder trade: Perkins
Thunder get: Green

Maybe the Thunder send the Celtics a pick.

Celtics trade Rondo and get out of the last two seasons of Green's contract. Most likely waive Scola, and this allows them to throw Smart into the fire. And obviously, they get one of the best rim protectors in the league.

Pacers retool their roster and try to improve the offense with a real point guard while finding a serviceable replacement for Hibbert. Perkins and Mahinmi can split the minutes at center.

Thunder promote their center of the future Adams into the starting lineup, and they have a real veteran to come off the bench and close games in small ball lineups with Green.
Beetothazee
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:02:51 am »

Problems I see with the trade:

Celtics get raped value-wise and Hibbert's contract is just awful unless he can turn his career around.

Thunder get good value for Perkins, obviously, but I doubt they have a place for Jeff Green long-term.
tchman58
Star

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 09:42:09 am »

Green only has 2 years left at ~9 mil a year. The thunder would jump all over this trade. Gets rid of Perkins and frees up minutes for Adams and McGary. At end of games they can move Ibaka over to center and let green play pf.

The celtics would only do this if they feel confident about a change in scenery really helping Hibbert. Thunder would definitely need to include a pick. Maybe the pacers too, both going to the celtics.
knightofdreamz
Star

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:23:32 am »

Green only has 2 years left at ~9 mil a year. The thunder would jump all over this trade. Gets rid of Perkins and frees up minutes for Adams and McGary. At end of games they can move Ibaka over to center and let green play pf.

The celtics would only do this if they feel confident about a change in scenery really helping Hibbert. Thunder would definitely need to include a pick. Maybe the pacers too, both going to the celtics.

I disagree with the Thunder thing.
Perkins is KDs guy and until KD resigns, the Thunder are going to keep him, even as a 3rd string center. Which is quickly coming. There are plenty of teams that would have traded for Perkins a year or two ago, because of their rebuilding time frame. But OKC is not looking to trade him, i dont even think ive heard of Perkins trade rumors outside of people on forums saying they need to trade him. Of course people also say they should amnesty him, but clearly if they were doing that, they would have done it two years ago.

Im not a huge fan of this trade, for the thunder. I also dont get the reasoning of "Gets rid of Perkins and frees up minutes for Adams and McGary." when youre bringing in a big man who is going to command more minutes than Perkins. Yah Green is a PF but that simply means Ibaka is going to slide over to the 5 more often. And even with the removal of Perkins i am not willing to cut Ibaka's minutes for.... i dont even know what for. Why do the Thunder go after Green?

This really does not make sense for the Pacers either. At least not until we figure out if Hibbert and PG can co-exist again.
But even if they cant, im willing to bet they could get something much better for Hibbert, then this trade.
I dunno, uh... it just seems to me if the Pacers are going after Rondo, which i do like that idea, they would need to keep Hibbert since the addition of Rondo would turn him into, probably the most productive center in the NBA. It just seems like that would be the whole value of a rondo to pacers trade, otherwise you dont really need Rondo and PG on the floor with no other real options.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 02:23:29 pm »

^^^
Can't argue with any of that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: