Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you expectations for Doug McDermott next season?  (Read 4599 times)
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« on: July 31, 2014, 08:42:14 am »

Role on the team, statistics etc.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:00:02 pm »

Come in, space the floor, knock down a couple shots, and surprise a lot of people although not on a consistent basis. I think towards the end of the season he will have an increase in production as well as minutes as he gets more comfortable with the offense and proves he's not a disaster on defense.

MJ
Journeyman

Respect: +18

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 04:18:57 pm »

Given the Bulls need for offense, their bigs passing skills, and McDermott's variety of scoring abilities, he'll be replacing Dunleavy by midseason and I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the 3rd leading scorer on this team by the playoffs. 
Vision
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 03:39:07 am »

I'm expecting big things from Doug. What i like the most about his game is his shot release. That will translate because he can pull the trigger so fast before defenders even knew it was coming. Another thing I like about his game is his range. The guy can basically nail shots from anywhere on the floor and that will spread out opposing defenses quite a bit, and i believe he'll nail them at a high percentage.

What's going to be key for him is defense. I don't think he's strong enough to defend the stronger small forwards and quick enough to defend the faster shooting guards on consistent basis. However he's certainly on the right team for that as Thibs seems to be able to transform anyone into a decent defender, except in Boozers case which as far as I'm concerned he was just a big black hole on the team. I expect McD will see a lot of playing time but I don't see him starting this year until he proves himself worthy on defense. Strength training and conditioning will go a long way towards making him a polished well rounded player.

"We can't walk around acting like we're not going to make it because that's when things turn on you. Our biggest goal is to make the playoffs, and we're going to make it." Derrick Rose!
BullsNoah
Undrafted

Respect: +23

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 01:26:53 am »

It is difficult earning time under Thibs but once he earns his minutes after recovering from injury I think he'll be a great addition.

It sucks Tony Snell isn't there yet. I feel we're still thin in these areas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: