Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who should be the Bulls starting Shooting gaurd??  (Read 10764 times)
Vision
Starter

Respect: +2

« on: August 03, 2014, 09:26:47 am »

Personally I think Snell should get it. I know Butler is pretty much a lock because it's a contract year and all, but I just think Snell is the better player and has more upside. To me Snell has the potential to be the player I always hope Luol Deng could have been. He's just the right height, has the length, has the speed, is a scrappy defender, can handle the ball, and most importantly he has a solid offensive game. He can also play both the 2 and the 3 positions ( just like Butler ) but unlike Butler the guy has a nice touch for the basket. Not to be hating on Butler because I like him as a player, has the potential to be a great defensive stopper in the league, it's just that everything he does Snell can also do as well as score.

On the perimeter Butler isn't a much better option than Keith Bogans and we all see how that worked out for Rose, but with Snell it gives us another guy who can make shots and make plays, all he needs to do is work on being consistent and that will only come with experience. Experience being the key word. With that being said Butlers potential as a lock down defender makes him a better fit at the small forward position. He's already proven he can guard guys like Lebron and I think every team needs at least one player like that.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:16:47 pm by Vision » Logged

"We can't walk around acting like we're not going to make it because that's when things turn on you. Our biggest goal is to make the playoffs, and we're going to make it." Derrick Rose!
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 05:05:35 pm »

"Snell has the potential to be the player I always hope Luol Deng could have been?"

Huh Huh Huh Huh Snell should considered it the greatest accomplishment in his entire life if he's the player Deng was.
MJ
Journeyman

Respect: +18

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 03:47:27 pm »

Butler is the starter at the 2 no matter what.  Snell will likely grow in his 2nd season, as so far he's kind of following in Butlers footsteps.  Both were drafted late in the first round.  Both only played about 8 minutes per game as rookies, and both had great 2nd season summer campaigns that led to a spot in the rotation.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Snell do just what Butler did in his 2nd season, which was to play around 16 mpg early in the season and earn his way to over 20 per game by the end.  Of course, the difference back then was that Butler was playing behind crap, and Snell is playing behind Butler, who is a great SG.

My hope is that they become interchangeable assets depending on the rotation and team setup.  When Thibs has other great scorers on the floor (McDermott, Rose, Gasol) he'll go with Butler as a defensive complement.  And when Thibs has more defensive minded guys on the floor (Taj, Noah, etc), then Snell is a source of offense on the perimeter.  If he develops like he could, they'll be no reason either couldn't be effective in their specific roles at specific times. 
defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 04:00:41 pm »

Butler is the starting 3 & Snell is the starting 2 .

Doubt Dunleavy or Keith Van Horn 2.0 in his rookie season beats out Snell .

Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

Respect: +31

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 06:06:26 pm »

Trade idea for 2 guard...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nv7uyth
Fitz
Journeyman

Respect: +9

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 09:32:56 pm »

I said this when Wroten was thrown out there before and I'll say it again: he sucks. He is a shooting guard that can't shoot. I would take Mike Dunleavy over him a thousand times over.
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 08:23:21 am »

I'd take Wroten, but I wouldn't start him at the 2. I'd bring him off the bench if anything. DunLeavy is the better fit for the Bulls though. Need more shooting
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 03:14:05 am »

McDermotte, Mirotic, Rose, Snell ... You got shooting. Need someone that can put the ball on the deck and get around someone.

Tony Wroten 76ers 2014 Season Highlights

Maybe not for Wroten, but I see them making a trade with some the pieces they rumored have offered in Melo & Love deals. (Dunleavy & Butler) And though it seems weird, I just feel Hinrich was signed because they were planning on trading him. I got a gut feeling by season opener. Mirotic is wearing that 12 jersey.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:23:19 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Fitz
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 06:19:18 am »
+1

Wroten had negative win shares last year...that is all.

The Bulls are standing pat. They will roll out Rose/Jimmy/Dunleavy/Gasol/Noah with perhaps McD or Snell taking over that other wing spot if they play nearly as well against actual NBA players as they played during summer league.

You don't need as many off the dribble threats if you pass well, and I'm sure they're expecting to do just that.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 02:52:29 pm »

McDermotte, Mirotic, Rose, Snell ... You got shooting. Need someone that can put the ball on the deck and get around someone.
That's not nearly enough shooting. The only one that's shot consistently at the NBA level is DunLeavy (who you didn't mention). I have no doubt McBuckets will be a great shooter. Mirotic probably won't play much. Rose and Snell need to shoot a lot better from deep to be consistent threats from 3. They absolutely need someone else to create; I agree with that. But not someone who CANNOT SHOOT AT ALL. If that creator could shoot even 33-35ish percent from deep to keep defenders honest, that'd be a great addition. Obviously I'd prefer 35-40% with the ability to create, but I don't see that available. They can't throw out a guard next to Rose that shoots well under 30% from deep unless Rose starts hitting at like a 40% clip himself. It just doesn't make sense.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 10:05:40 am »

Wroten had negative win shares last year...that is all.

The Bulls are standing pat. They will roll out Rose/Jimmy/Dunleavy/Gasol/Noah with perhaps McD or Snell taking over that other wing spot if they play nearly as well against actual NBA players as they played during summer league.

You don't need as many off the dribble threats if you pass well, and I'm sure they're expecting to do just that.

Another "Im Bored" Trade senerios:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6503260

IMO They will start Taj and Noah having Gasol subbing in for both. They will work Mirotic into that rotation slowly, but not have to count on any production from him. And Snell is a natural two guard not a small forward. Butler is more of a small forward, but with not as high an offense ceiling as McD. Where McD, isn't a proven defender. Will be interesting with Jimmy so close to a new deal what they do. And oh I forgot Dunn....lol. His expiring deal will be attractive to teams... Still see a trade coming.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:30:31 am by Da_Madhouse » Logged
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 04:20:30 pm »

Horrible value for GS and way too much going back to Philly.
Da_Madhouse
Journeyman

"*** your couch..."

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 05:12:23 pm »

GS comes out smelling like roses. They will create cap space to offer Love a max this summer by ridding themselves of Iggy. All they have to do now is offer D.Lee in S&G. And get a nice defensive replacement for Barnes in Butler can also be resigned. Love ain't staying with the Cavs. I see the league, rather then just read headlines... Love wanted out of Minny and he got it. Now like D12 he will enjoy the spotlight and then bolt this summer.

Philly gets a bunch of Vets to put with all their youth.

Bulls replace Butler with Barnes for 2 to 3 yrs, reunited him and McD. And get a solid 2 in Wroten....

Win -Win -Win

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:17:00 pm by Da_Madhouse » Logged
Fitz
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 09:47:28 pm »

That trade would be highway robbery by the Sixers. Iggy is by far the best player in the trade and the Sixers contribute the two worst assets. And if Golden State wants to get rid of Iggy so badly (hint: they don't), why don't the Bulls just trade for him? I thought they should have gone for him years ago when Philly kept dangling him.

And again, none of this matters because the front office and coaching staff thinks the roster can contend as is, and I would tend to agree with that so long as Rose is as good as he's looked with USA basketball thus far.
dabulls1
Star

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 09:06:46 am »

Love isn't going to GS. He's either going to stay with LeBron or go to LAL/NYK, most likely LA. With that being said, I HIGHLY doubt Cleveland offered up Wiggins without basically a guarantee of Love resigning.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: