Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carlos Boozer  (Read 6099 times)
tempo
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 20, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »

no posts in the mephis forum yet so ui thought id start.

what do you think of boozer to memphis like rumours are suggesting? i think its a good move adds toughness inside to help with gasol. his contract is an issue tho.
blah
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 12:04:25 PM »

I agree that Boozer to Memphis makes sense.  The Jazz already have a very good PF in Mehmet Okur, and the Grizz could use someone to take the inside scoring and rebounding pressure off of Gasol.  Who would the Jazz get in return?  Maybe Mike Miller and Hakim Warrick?  What do you think?
tempo
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »

yeah maybe miller. he is a good asset for memphis to have but its a plus minus thing. memphis inside struggle definatley showed in the playoffs. i think mike miller is a perfect fit for utah too, versitle with an outside stroke and he always plays hard. but they already have a player in that mould and that is harpring. i wouldnt be suprised to see battier move to utah.
Arenas0
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 05:27:57 PM »

In my mind the Grizz need alot, they don't have a great backcourt player. They need a good, game changing backcourt player. But, if they could get boozer, that would be a good combo with Gasol.

monkeycat
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 10:45:37 AM »

Boozer to Memphis will not happen.  The Jazz need either a long, shot blocking center, or a young, athletic two guard.  I don't think that Memphis has either of those assets for a sensible trade.

Mike Miller has a nice jump shot, but he is not exactly "athletic."  Not to mention that his expensive, lenghthy contract.
The Sixth Man
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 07:00:52 AM »

Quote from: "monkeycat"
Boozer to Memphis will not happen.  The Jazz need either a long, shot blocking center, or a young, athletic two guard.  I don't think that Memphis has either of those assets for a sensible trade.

Mike Miller has a nice jump shot, but he is not exactly "athletic."  Not to mention that his expensive, lenghthy contract.
The Sixth Man
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 07:01:37 AM »

Boozer to Memphis is definitely reasonable! It's not about an even trade, however Utah would love to take Eddie Jones and his $14million dollars contract that rolls off at the end of the 2006-2007 season. The 2007 draft class is loaded and Utah with or without Boozer will not make the playoffs next season. Therefore, it behooves them to pursue a high profile free agent with the Eddie Jones money and enter the Greg Oden, Kevin Durant, Brandon Wright, Josh McRoberts sweepstakes.
tempo
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 08:35:06 AM »

^^ yeah jones could be used for cap relief after this season and utah can enter the sweepstakes for the deep 2007 free agent class.
monkeycat
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 11:01:34 AM »

Here is a trade to consider...

The Jazz send Araujo, Devin Brown and Gordon Giricek to Memphis for Pau Gasol.  Memphis can then join the 2007 draft and free agent sweepstakes, draft Oden and bring in a top free agent.  

The Grizzlies can't win a playoff game to save their lives, and probably wont make the playoffs next year anyway with players like Eddie Jones and Damon Stoudamire getting past their prime and Bobby Jackson already saying that he is going to leave.  

Just a note, the Jazz are not looking to join the sweepstakes.  When you turn the tables, it just sounds stupid.
The Sixth Man
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »

If the the grizzles trade his contract for eddie jones shouldnt be an issue. However, his durability might be an issue.
Skoobs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 11:42:32 AM »

him as a player would be a good fit. However I dont think you would want his salary
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 03:00:16 AM »

Unless Gasol moves to center, which I didn't think Fratello wants, I don't see how it makes sense.

But for the sake of it I think this would make sense:

Utah Gets:
Eddie Jones
Hakim Warrick

Memphis Gets:
Carlos Boozer
Devin Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: