Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Hoopshype  (Read 10691 times)
knightofdreamz
Star

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 04:10:48 pm »

I stopped coming here on a regular basis because of... really two or three posters.
The worst one, who i cant remember the name of now, did nothing but attack people non-stop who had a different opinion then him. Literally every single time a person made a post he disagree'd with he would rant about how wrong the opinion was and how dumb the poster was and how little they knew about basketball.
More often then not, even if the poster ignored what was said, another would not. And it would often lead to completely off topic conversations, nit picking words, and basic trolling results.

Even though there were plenty of good posters on the site, there are good posters on almost every forum. And in many of those other forums they do much better with dealing with people like that. IMO i dont want to have to regularly deal with someone who is so immature and self serving or egotistical that they don't understand what an opinion is. Even worse, having a complete lack of self comprehension and an inability to admit when they are wrong.

Actually... now that i think about it i might have to be an *** and bump some of those threads from last season.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:13:01 pm by knightofdreamz » Logged

hillarynuts
Undrafted

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 09:30:37 pm »

I stopped coming here on a regular basis because of... really two or three posters.
The worst one, who i cant remember the name of now, did nothing but attack people non-stop who had a different opinion then him. Literally every single time a person made a post he disagree'd with he would rant about how wrong the opinion was and how dumb the poster was and how little they knew about basketball.
More often then not, even if the poster ignored what was said, another would not. And it would often lead to completely off topic conversations, nit picking words, and basic trolling results.

This is pretty much it.  I decided to stop by for the first time in almost a year or so, and was surprised to see only a couple threads updated today.  You (general you) can blame lack of admin moderation if you want, I suppose.  But really we have no one to blame but ourselves.  The tacit approval, or outright encouragement, of 1st grade maturity and debate tactics has sent a clear message to anyone who visits here.  If you want a basketball discussion, go elsewhere, as this site is the personal playground of people who feel better about themselves by acting like arseholes.
Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 10:34:04 am »

This is pretty much it.  I decided to stop by for the first time in almost a year or so, and was surprised to see only a couple threads updated today.  You (general you) can blame lack of admin moderation if you want, I suppose.  But really we have no one to blame but ourselves.  The tacit approval, or outright encouragement, of 1st grade maturity and debate tactics has sent a clear message to anyone who visits here.  If you want a basketball discussion, go elsewhere, as this site is the personal playground of people who feel better about themselves by acting like arseholes.

unless you are an alter, i think with 9 posts your opinion doesn't count as per the lack of work that you have put in to even have a say. leave those comments for the the ones that contribute

SIP madawg
hillarynuts
Undrafted

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 11:32:03 am »

unless you are an alter, i think with 9 posts your opinion doesn't count as per the lack of work that you have put in to even have a say. leave those comments for the the ones that contribute

Thank you for proving my point.  Last time I checked, post count never had any sort of correlation to validity of a point.  Also, I love the irony in your reply, because it's people like that have made this a place where no one is contributing any more.  Or haven't you noticed the rapid decline in replies per day here over the past year or two?

So congrats on creating the site you want.  Have fun with this ghost town.
Beetothezee
MVP

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2014, 01:25:25 pm »

Thank you for proving my point.  Last time I checked, post count never had any sort of correlation to validity of a point.  Also, I love the irony in your reply, because it's people like that have made this a place where no one is contributing any more.  Or haven't you noticed the rapid decline in replies per day here over the past year or two?

So congrats on creating the site you want.  Have fun with this ghost town.

Merry Christmas, don't let the door hit you on your *** Smiley

SIP madawg
Vulture
Star

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 03:17:48 pm »

Sometimes the trolling was funny. Remember that?

"Because I don't want chumps, I don't want pushovers, and if you're a chump and a pushover, I will run over you." - Kobe
knightofdreamz
Star

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2014, 10:31:20 am »

Merry Christmas, don't let the door hit you on your *** Smiley

This is a great highlight of why people dislike these forums. Number of posts should not matter, fact is when i came back last season i probably had... 12-20 posts before i got to the point where i felt i could be having a better conversation some place else and with smarter and better people. Had i just registered that would not change those facts.

Beetothezee
MVP

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2014, 11:27:42 am »

This is a great highlight of why people dislike these forums. Number of posts should not matter, fact is when i came back last season i probably had... 12-20 posts before i got to the point where i felt i could be having a better conversation some place else and with smarter and better people. Had i just registered that would not change those facts.

just like that other person, i don't give a *** about what you say either. you don't like it, call your buddy and talk about basketball. the more you *** is the more people will be inclined to tell you about bitching. simple math there

SIP madawg
Beetothezee
MVP

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2014, 11:30:15 am »

btw, Merry Christmas  Smiley

SIP madawg
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: