Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which NFL team is most likely to move to L.A.?  (Voting closed: January 21, 2007, 11:07:15 pm)
San Diego Chargers - 4 (44.4%)
New Orleans Saints - 5 (55.6%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL team in L.A.  (Read 6866 times)
superconductor
Undrafted

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 03:44:03 am »

I have been promoting peace since 1968. It will obviously take some of the more unenlightened time to catch up.

Cheers

...fools rush in, where fools have been before...
kobeshowtime24
Journeyman

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 03:07:27 pm »

So much for you not being a smug elitist. Now you think the rest of us are not as enlightened as you are. That is exactly what smug is.

Somebody really needs to investigate how many deposits were made into the bank accounts of the referees during the 2006 NBA Finals .... and being a Laker fan I didn't have much reason to root against an organization that's comprised of former Lakers.
superconductor
Undrafted

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 03:55:40 pm »

You have much too much anger for one trying to find enlightment.

As to your original query, I do think that LA deserves a team, just not somebody elses team. The NFL should grant then an expansion franchise instead.

Cheers

...fools rush in, where fools have been before...
kobeshowtime24
Journeyman

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 09:24:13 pm »

As I already said in one of my original post the NFL does not want to expand beyond 32 teams and if they did there would always be the possibility they would grant the new franchise to someone else. If I did show frustration in some of my previous posts it is because I'm simply fed up with the way people from the around the U.S. and other countries look at the city of L.A. with skepticism and arrogance. This is particularly true in the media and even the NFL.

Somebody really needs to investigate how many deposits were made into the bank accounts of the referees during the 2006 NBA Finals .... and being a Laker fan I didn't have much reason to root against an organization that's comprised of former Lakers.
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 10:48:23 pm »

If the NFL were to expand, it would ruin the perfet allignment that they have.  Anyway, Colts in 06-07 baby!
kobeshowtime24
Journeyman

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 03:21:28 am »

People also forget that any pro team that plays in L.A. has to compete with the Lakers, Dodgers and even the Clippers. When there's that many competitive teams you need to be good. Just look at New York. Alex Rodriguez strikes out a couple of times and fans are ready to string him up.

kobeshowtime24
Journeyman

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 11:50:53 pm »

The full list of teams that would consider moving to L.A. is as follows.
1. Chargers- new stadium
2. Saints- disappearing market
3. Buffalo Bills- small market team looking to bring in more revenue
4. Indianapolis Colts- good attendance and great team but owner has expressed concern in the past over profit and being able to get it in the smallest stadium in the NFL.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars- team has struggled to compete attendance and popularity wise with college teams and the in state Dolphins and Buccaneers.
6. Oakland Raiders- once the 49ers construct their new stadium, likely in Santa Clara, the Raiders attendance is sure to take a hit in an already niners dominated fan base in the Bay Area.
7. Kansas City Chiefs- Probably the least likely considering their large fanbase in Kansas City. The only reason they make the list is because of their current stadium struggles.

The commissioner has already stated that every team in the league will play several of its games in L.A. by 2010, likely as a way of testing the waters for relocation.

Link:http://www.streethop.com/forum/thread153102.html

steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 01:03:06 am »

Quote from: "kobeshowtime24"
People also forget that any pro team that plays in L.A. has to compete with the Lakers, Dodgers and even the Clippers. When there's that many competitive teams you need to be good. Just look at New York. Alex Rodriguez strikes out a couple of times and fans are ready to string him up.

I don't see how this should be an issue for the second largest market in the States, Chicago has more teams than LA and they have no problem supporting them, even when they're terrible, New York's the same way, with Dallas, DC, and Boston not being far behind (that's rounding out the top 6).  They're doesn't seem to be any problem with competition among those cities.  Also I don't know why you bring up Alex Rodriguez getting too much media attention, what does that have to do with your previous statement in the post?

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
kobeshowtime24
Journeyman

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 02:18:35 am »

Of course Chicago has more teams than Los Angeles. That's what the post is about L.A. not having a football team. The Dallas Cowboys have consistently been a dominant team throughout their history, winning five superbowls. The Dallas Mavericks didn't get overly popular until Mark Cuban bought them and turned them into a winning franchise. Boston consistently has very competitive teams. The Patriots just won three out of four Super Bowls. The Red Sox just won a championship and have a history of always making it deep into the playoffs. And you mention New York as supporting their teams. Since when have New Yorkers been overly supportive of their teams? The Knicks have a bad season and they're ready to hang the owner. The Yankees lose a game and fans demand they should trade the entire team and spend $100 million on a free agent (which they seem to do quite often). There's another factor you continue to ignore when you rag on L.A. for not fully supporting the last place Rams and Raiders when they played here. All the teams listed above took the time to put a winning formula out on the field. Al Davis won his only Super Bowl in L.A. with a team assembled in Oakland, nothing happened after. He simply assumed that because he played in Los Angeles that he would automatically make money. People that live in major cities like Los Angeles, New York and Chicago live very fast paced lifestyles. Do you really believe that if the Yankees went 0 and 162 that anybody would go to the games. People who live a fast paced life in those crowded cities do not have money or time to waste on crappy teams. A team that's terrible is awful for a reason: incompetence. Every team has it's down years but there's a big difference between a former playoff team going 7-9 and a team going 3-13. I merely used A-Rod as an example of fans impatience in other major cities.

kobeshowtime24
Journeyman

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 03:16:08 pm »

Of the teams not listed who do you think would be most likely to move to Los Angeles?

kwolffsc
Starter

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 05:51:12 pm »

LA need a team bad!!!!!!!!!!

Knightz_
Journeyman

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 07:45:50 pm »

Quote from: "kobeaki"
how bout the niners get their heads out of their a s s e s and get a real team, conversely why is san fran never on tv in la anymore? I dont give a f u c k about kansas city or the jets(with all due respect) or really the nfl for that matter, just a poor substitute till the nba starts.

The 49ers arn't on TV because no one likes or cares for them because there pathetic.

GO RAPTORS - GO FALCONS - GO ARGOS - GO BLUE JAYS
kobeshowtime24
Journeyman

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 01:48:48 am »

Yeah, Knightz does have a point about the 49ers. They finished last in both offense and defense last year (first time in NFL history a team has done that).
But why the hell are we talking about the 49ers? This forum is supposed to be about bringing a team back to L.A. and given Rams fans hatred for the niners I don't think they're a logical choice.

kobeshowtime24
Journeyman

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 04:50:12 pm »

On the other hand it would be nice to see the NFL actually seriously look into putting a team in L.A. that isn't named the Chargers. San Diego deserves a football team. They support them attendance wise. Their only problem is that their low revenue (like a lot of NFL teams). God forbid the NFL would have to move a team from the Eastern half of this country. Have you seen how many NFL teams they have in comparison to the Western United States. Ridiculous.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: