Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Knicks-Nets-Celtics  (Read 5177 times)
Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 03:28:40 pm »

i didn't "switch" the point, i built on your point. it happens lol
You weren't building on my point, dude. You talked about how cap going up doesn't make deron move make sense and talked about the scenario where NYK trade their first for a star which wasn't analyzing the abovementioned trade

THJ, Galloway, Shved and even Calderon for that matter. it all depends
What? It depends? Are you serious?
Galloway as asset has less value than the 14th guy on the celtics forum, and Calderon has actually negative value as he has a long and overpaid contract for his performances. Why other teams should consider them having any value as trade chip. The same THJ and Shved which have slightly more value have pretty low value, as THJ had a bad overall season and Shved has been dumped by two teams this season and three in his short NBA career and so far has only shown that he can score a little bit better than a bunch of D-League scrubs when having the shots (that he won't have in another team)

not necessarily, you can use the stretch provision on Calderon, that in itself is a bit valuable.
How the hell this is something "valuable"? You use a tool to correct a mistake that halp a bit in the short term and for which you pay a bit later, that's no valuable by any means

Rondo doesn't look like much more than a 11-13M player at this point, and thats if even 11-13

when i say "clog" i mean waste the space with a so-so player at a high salary. thats the last thing we need coming off of a season like this
Can you really argue that the Rondo of the last seasons worth really that much more than deron at the 11-13M price tag you would pay for both? I don't really think there has been that much of a difference. of course, when you do your evaluation you can think that rondo could fit better with a certain team philosophy or a certain possible future roster composition or fit better with melo than Deron, but in a vacuum they have been pretty similar as performance when you have to evaluate on who put what would be the same amount of both on them
That's why i don't understand your complete and absolutereluctance to any Deron scenario while not debating about the Deron scenario vs the other possible scenarios at PG

it is rumored we could move the pick, its all depending. too soon to know anything yet. even if it doesn't "inhibit" the move, it is a silly move. i'm not sure you comprehend the pressure that Phil is up to to improve this roster
As said above, eventually doing this move doesn't have anything to do with trading Knicks pick for a star, as the cap space is more than enough to do both things, so why it is worth mentioning that - unless, of course, you name some specific name that according to you Knicks could snag with their pick at PG -
And it could be a silly move, of course, except that you haven't explained why, except for the "clogging cap space" argument, that could be done for any other alternative option too - and if anything, deron contract would be shorter than anyone you would sign in the FA market at staring PG - and the " Phil is up to improve the roster " (lol) which would eactly happen here by upgrading at PG from Calderon to Deron (which could give ou an even bigger reward than the current upgrade if Phil can recover phisically and mentally a former rstar like Deron was)

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 06:37:50 am »

Can you really argue that the Rondo of the last seasons worth really that much more than deron at the 11-13M price tag you would pay for both? I don't really think there has been that much of a difference. of course, when you do your evaluation you can think that rondo could fit better with a certain team philosophy or a certain possible future roster composition or fit better with melo than Deron, but in a vacuum they have been pretty similar as performance when you have to evaluate on who put what would be the same amount of both on them

That's why i don't understand your complete and absolutereluctance to any Deron scenario while not debating about the Deron scenario vs the other possible scenarios at PG

except Rondo will sign a cheaper contract. that in itself beats what you're saying, no need to "debate" anything there

As said above, eventually doing this move doesn't have anything to do with trading Knicks pick for a star, as the cap space is more than enough to do both things, so why it is worth mentioning that - unless, of course, you name some specific name that according to you Knicks could snag with their pick at PG -
And it could be a silly move, of course, except that you haven't explained why, except for the "clogging cap space" argument, that could be done for any other alternative option too - and if anything, deron contract would be shorter than anyone you would sign in the FA market at staring PG - and the " Phil is up to improve the roster " (lol) which would eactly happen here by upgrading at PG from Calderon to Deron (which could give ou an even bigger reward than the current upgrade if Phil can recover phisically and mentally a former rstar like Deron was)

my response is and isn't directed at your silly trade proposal, it is geared towards us getting on the right track in general. you said a lot and nothing at the same time here, you lost me when you said "(which could give ou an even bigger reward than the current upgrade if Phil can recover phisically and mentally a former rstar like Deron was)," that isn't happening with anyone much less your nonsense trade

SIP madawg
Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 03:26:38 am »

Meanwhile Deron goes to playoffs Cheesy

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

Beetothezee
MVP

New York Knicks/Yankees/Jets

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 06:02:39 am »

Meanwhile Deron goes to playoffs Cheesy

and that has what to do with this nonsense trade you proposed?

SIP madawg
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: