Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Celtics-Raptors-Jazz  (Read 2333 times)
Oscar Rafone
MVP

« on: April 08, 2015, 06:02:27 am »

Premise: this draft day trade could happen only if Jazz end out in top 10 in the draft and WCS is still on the board at the time when they should pick

Celtics trade: their own 2015 1st round pick, Avery Bradley, Sullinger, James Young
Celtics receive: Valanciunas, Burks, Ross

Raptors trade: Valanciunas, Ross
Raptors receive: Jazz 2015 1st round pick, Sullinger, James Young

Jazz trade: Their own 2015 1st round pick, Alec Burks
Jazz receive: Boston 2015 1st round pick, Avery Bradley

I wrote a long explanation of this trade for all the teams but the forum logged me out and it went lost. If you want to hear the reasoining behind it just ask

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 03:19:54 pm »

I'd like to know why Toronto and Utah do this.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 03:57:36 pm »

I'd like to know why Toronto and Utah do this.
Toronto: This season Valanciunas was suppsoed to step up and improve his performances and PT. Despite improving his performance, his PT remained the same. Why? Because Casey don't tust him in giving more minutes. Many times during the season he has subbed out Val because he didn't think he could defend well against small ball-line up, and Toronto offense rarely rely on him, as the Raptors offense is founded on their guards (Lowry- DeRozan-Lou Will). His development is going to be hindered until Casey remains the coach of the Raptors, and Lowry and DeRozan reamin the fulcrum of Toronto offense, and given the mild success Toronto is enjoying it is not like any of Casey, Lowry or DeRozan is going to leave anytime soon
In 2016 summer Val becomes a FA, and he is going to be on of tier 2 guys on which team could throw money after they fail their assaults on the big guys, and at that point if someone offers the max or near max money to Val, Toronto has a problem. Do they decide lose him for free, or they match knowing that he does not worth that money and he could never worth that max contract if casey keep hindering his development?
Toronto would some this dilemma by simpling trade him away for a guy with lower potential but ready to contribute and that would fit perfectly in their heavy guard oriented offense like WCS  because he would only need to provide his defense and rebounding where he could be better than Val
In addition to that, they get Sullinger who would be a short term upgrade at PF and they can evaluate if resign or not, and a project of the about the same age of Caboclo to possibly get a duo for the years to come

Utah: After Gobert emergence, Utah seems to be pretty much set at every position for next season, barring eventually PG...but at the position in the draft where they pick, it looks like there is no PG worthy enough to make them spend a 1st round pick for the 3rd year in a row after they have drafted Burke and Exum in back to back draft. What they need is just stability in the roster to greow up and leadership in the locker room. Bradley can provide that being a player that with this season would have yet reached 3 times the off-season playing heavy minutes 8ans he is stilly really young). It was rumored that utah tried to pursue Bradley earlier this season, and given that they basically don't need the pick, they can afford to trade down a bit in the draft and get Bradley. And while doing this, they also save money as Bradley contract is cheaper and shorter than Burks one

Oscar Rafone
MVP

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 03:59:31 pm »

BTW, I don't think WCS is going to slip till 12, so this basically remain a fantasy trade with 0 chance to happen (as the main assumption is that Toronto can get WCS to replace Val)

lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 04:23:17 pm »

Nice trade, and we never know, Utah might move up in the draft.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: