Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bucks Draft  (Read 2682 times)
Josuwa
Undrafted

Respect: +1

« on: June 24, 2015, 11:23:45 AM »

I t  would   be    nice   if  the  Bucks    had  a   real  GM    who  would    do  whatever    it   took  to  draft   the    player     he   wanted   and    needed,   rather   than    just   sit    there    and   wait    his   turn    and   pick   the   player    who's    available   at    pick   17.       if   the  bucks    want   a    player,    the y  should   have   some    insight    as  to   what  other   teams   also   want that   player,    and   make    the    move    to   get    that   player.      That's    what the  Mavs    did  to get   Dirk.    if   we   hadn't    made   that  trade , some   other   team   would    have    grabbed  Dirk,   and   traded  him to   Dallas. 

if   the  bucks   really   want frank  the    tank    or   decker or  payne,    use    some    intelligence   and   make   a  deal   to  draft them.     Don't    jus t  sit   there   and   wait  and  hope   one   of  them    falls  to  the   17th    pick.   

and    don't   give  Hammond     props    for   making  a   great   pick   from  where   he  drafted.    it's   not   like  it   took a   lot   of   intelligence  to draft  Jabari  Parker.     Hammond    doesn't   deserve any credit   for   making   that   pick.     if  the  bucks   had   drafted   first  or  third,   Jabari   would   have   still   been   their   pick.   

the  bucks    need   an  offensive   minded  center.       they  need   a   shooting    guard   or   small  forward   who can  shoot   the   three.      and   let's   be  realistic-   the   odds   of  Gianni    being  able  to add  a  three   point   shot   to   his    game    are    small.   

With  MCW   and  Gianni  on the  floor,    the  bucks    need  two   guys   who   can    hit   outside   shots.     middleton   is   not   the  guy I  want   shooting   a   3    with  no time   left   on the  clock.  And   neither   is  MCW,  Gianni   or  parker!     

so    draft a  center  -   or   draft   a  shooter.      Or  trade  Gianni  or  Middleton  or  MCW  for    one. 

the   vision/question   remains   the   same   -  are  you trying  to   build   a  good   team   capable   of  winning   45-50    games?    or  are  you trying  to build   a  championship   contender?      the  current   team   is    good   enough  to  get   a   play-off    birth,     but   it  will   never   come  close  to   winning  a  championship   wit h middleton   or  Henson   starting;    or    with  Giannis'   current   lack   of  an   outside   shot     playing   sg/sf.   
iyamwutiam
Star

Respect: +5

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 01:32:06 PM »

The Bucks are fine where they are - considering other than Jabari Parker and OJ Mayo most of the team was drafted in the lower part of the lottery they did fine.  The team is quite young and headed in the right direction.  The only thing I would do is not overpay Middleton.  I agree trading him would make sense - but ever since Curry and Thompson have upped the ante on what a very good 3 point shooter is- it will be difficult to actually find someone (no not Kyle Korver!! or Mike or James Jones!!). 

They will be fine - no point in being impatient.

The power to fit in with one’s social peers can be irresistible. To a human lemming, the logic behind
an opinion doesn’t count as much as the power and popularity behind an opinion.
Shawn Kemps Kids
Star

Respect: +817

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:18:33 PM »

You keep complaining about the Bucks GM and his lack of trading during the draft. You do realize how difficult it is to move up in the draft right? And how few teams do it? You act like he is the only guy who stayed put last night.
Josuwa
Undrafted

Respect: +1

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 10:51:06 AM »

Shawn   -   I realize  all    that.     but   Hammond   is   not  a  rookie  GM.     he's   been  around   longer   than  half   of  the  Gms  in  the   league.    And   the  truly  successful  Gms   are   the   ones   who  can   use   the   draft  to  their  advantage    rather   than    just   sitting   there  and   waiting   their    turn   and   then   using   draftnet     to   make   their   choice   for  them.

the  bucks   did   fine  and   got   the    best   players   from   where  they  drafted.    that's   a  true   statement.    But   anybody    who    knows  anything  about    basketball    or   has  a   link  to  draftnet    could    have    made   those   same   choices.    Hammond    was   being   paid    6   figures   $$$$$$$    to   make    decisions   to   affect   the   success    of   a    multimillion   dollar    business.   I    would   expect   him  to  be  able  to  do a   better    job   at  it   than   me   or  twirls.

rather   than standing   in  line    and   eating    his  cafeteria   food with  the  rest   of  the   crowd,,    he    needed   to   be   more   daring    and   cut   in    line   and   grab   the  good   food    before   it   was  gone.   

and  GMs    who  can't   make   deals    are   usually   FIRED  after    5   years !!!     

Although,   it  appears    that  kidd    is   now    our    new  GM.   and   it  appears   he read   my   post.  He   signed  Monroe   to fill  the  center  void  and   drafted  Vaughn   as   a   SG.    and    kidd also   made   some   trades.  I'm    not   thrilled   with   the  Vaughn   pick,    but   at   least  kidd  filled   the   need and   made   some    moves   to   pull  it   off. 
Armon_Gilliam
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 06:38:15 AM »

Giannis was a excellent pick late first selection.  Yeah Parker was obvious at #2.  Who you guy pick this year at #10?  I was hoping for Davis.   But recent reports say he's lazy and doesn't have a motor and loses focus.  Kinda bummed out now hearing that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: